What does the "Promote" option do in Multiplayer?

SirBodom

My understanding is that it doesn't remove them from the multiplayer, it just resets that class to level one, as well as a war asset on all of your playthroughs. Given that you name your characters it's likely that it'll be a war asset as that one character. It also gives you a few levels on your N7 level.

I promoted my infiltrator last night and can confirm that infiltrator class is reset to level 1. My level 20 now shows up on my n7 war assets. Also once promoted you get a 5% bonus exp on other mp classses at the end of each map.

I promoted my infiltrator last night and can confirm that infiltrator class is reset to level 1. My level 20 now shows up on my n7 war assets. Also once promoted you get a 5% bonus exp on other mp classses at the end of each map.

Fantastic! I knew someone would know eventually. Sounds worth it now I know you don't lose the entire class.

how much points gives the promoted characther as war asset?

I wonder if you continue to get an additional 5% XP bonus for every character you promote.