Found a good place to farm for Veteran.

astresnoir

Don't know if anyone has found it before. Start a new playthrough with a very high level char, then select the lowest difficulty. Have at least one damaging power maxed out, then at your first contact with the cannibal (after the cut scene with the two soilders), where you are asked to take cover, as long as you don't do so, the cannibals keeps respawning so just keep killing those cannibals with your power. This works faster if you have a turbo controller:D

This would be so time consuming, and ultimately pointless. The combat trophies track in the multiplayer, meaning you can earn the trophy while having fun.

Agreed totally pointless , if this is the one you need to shoot 5,000 enemies

When would you start doing this when you need 4,000 more or just 5 more :eek:

Currently I am at 665.

Not sure but I am thinking that this trophy works across multiple character play thrus, like all the trophies did in ME2. So if I get 1,000 on each of my 5 plays then it was easier then grinding and way more fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I'm at about 1100 kills right now, two missions before the end of the game. I'd say 5000 is a bit too much for this trophy to be fun, because there's no way you can get to 5000 kills in even two full playthroughs (unless you go farm kills for hours on end)... and the multiplayer will take ages, too, since a full 20 minute match doesn't net you more kills than farming kills in single player does.

Well, i'd rather play SWTOR if I really want multiplayer stuff. It took my turbo controller 4 hours to get me 3000 kills and the trophy.

Don't you need 5,000? Anyways, I'm 2 hours into my Insanity playthrough (2nd playthrough) and I have just under 2,700 kills from my previous game and playing a bunch of multiplayer. Just keeping your galactic readiness percentage up and completing the game again will surely get me up to 5,000 without grinding.

After finishing 2 playthroughs, normal and insanity, and dying alot. Also doing at least 30-40 MP rounds to get my readiness up to 100 percent, and back up....yadda...yadda

I was at 3700 kills...

This took forever... but it was quite simple.

Just spammed warp for 25 or so kills a round.

LOL at this thread

This trophy is NO GRIND, play Warhammer 40K Space Marine then talk to me about grinds.

I am halfway through my first playthrough and about 20 or 25 matches of Multiplayer and I have almost 2400 kills.

If this is a grind, then please make every game have a grind like this.

Dude. 25 matches is 10 hours of gameplay. Everyone in this thread acts like everyone should play through the game 3 or more times or waste their lives playing multiplayer for days on end.

Not everyone likes watching the same story over and over and over. Some people get satisfaction out of just one or two playthroughs.

Also, those 10 hours will only net you near 2,000 kills (assuming you get 75 kills a match). I'm about 500 kills away from the trophy and I'd rather go to bed with my turbo controller on then waste daylight.

Finally, I have other games to play. This is a method I like because this trophy not only adds unneeded play time, it takes away time from games I haven't played yet sitting right the hell in front of me.

Edited by Skyripper

I just did my insanity playthrough and I now have 3500+ kills. I was wondering after the credits roll the game brings you back before storming the Cerberus base.

Will it still count if I start from there and finish the game again?

I just did my insanity playthrough and I now have 3500+ kills. I was wondering after the credits roll the game brings you back before storming the Cerberus base.

Will it still count if I start from there and finish the game again?

Yes, it will, that's what im doing, im replaying the last part on earth over, its fun and there's plenty of enemies.

@ Skyripper, how is 25 matches 10 hours of gameplay?

Average 20min matches x 25 = 8 hours 20 min

Also as far as wasting your lives playing multiplayer, you mean as opposed to wasting your life pursuing a virtual trophy that has absolutely no value?

Again I say this thread is laughable, the 5000 kills required is chump change, especially if you bought this game to play it, and not to hunt virtual nothings.