General Questions Thread

ShieldWarden

I get tired of trying to find a thread where I can ask a simple question without making a new thread. So.... this thread was born.

And yes, I see the irony that I'm making a new thread to answer a simple question.

For anyone else, you can use this thread as well.

My question: Has anyone been having trouble with War Assets not appearing in the G@W panel in the War Room after you obtain them? I had this happen after finishing some of the Citadel tasks. I earned several new War Assets and when I went back to the Normandy to read up on them, they weren't there. Anyone else have that problem?

And my second question involves the side quest, Citadel: Hanar Diplomats.

[spoiler=sneakytentacles]After using the first terminal, I'm instructed to continue looking. I kept looking but couldn't find it. Little did I know that I passed by the terminal that's supposed to be the one I use to continue the quest, but it wasn't showing itself interactive for me.

And it still isn't, making this side quest perpetually unfinished. Has anyone encountered this problem/know how to get it working?

Well, I thought that as well, but these were completely new entries, like Citadel Defense Force and Hanar and Drell troops, which would both be under the Alien section, but all I had were the Mercs under Aria and a small Salarian STG thing.

Besides, they usually have a flashing "New" next to the name, even for updates.

I haven't run into any offline G@W problems, but I did notice that, in "Accomplishments" in the extras menu, alot of what I have done in G@W is not being calculated. For instance, the trophy for beating 5 missions online:

Well, I have the trophy and up till last night, it was showing that I had done 5/6 missions online, but now, it shows 0/6 with the trophy no longer lit up...

there are other strange things, this is just the easiest example to explain. It seems to be that the EA servers are fluxuating up and down. Sometimes you get your credit, and sometimes you don't.

I just hope this is not permenant.

OK this is messed up you can get heavy weapons aka "Reaper Blackstar"

however it seems to be only a temporary use weapon.

Now I have one of these at the weapon setup bench in the basement of the Normandy (on the floor). Will it remain there? or is it a glitch

mass effect 3 - Where did my assault rifle go? - Gaming - Stack Exchange

"Reaper Blackstar - This one-use weapon is amongst some crates in front of a building on the left side of the area. "

more details:

[spoiler=fdg]

Priority: Palaven - Mass Effect 3 Wiki Guide - IGN

So I realized why my War Assets weren't showing up when they updated and all that. It's because I haven't technically obtained them yet. I did a bunch to help the Krogans and Turians, but I didn't really get the full assets until AFTER I was done helping them. So I figure the same will happen with the Hanar and Drell forces and the Citadel Defense Force.

I'm glad that worked out. I was afraid it had glitched on me (like the Citadel: Hanar Diplomat side mission has).

Okay so I had a bunch of problems with my PS3 had to delete hard drive, wasnt a PS+ member back there and my ME 2 save got scrapped in the process. What I want to know is what will be my story if I dont have a ME 2 save and is the game playable on Insanity straight away or is it undoable whithout importing a clear sve from ME2 ?

Okay so I had a bunch of problems with my PS3 had to delete hard drive, wasnt a PS+ member back there and my ME 2 save got scrapped in the process. What I want to know is what will be my story if I dont have a ME 2 save and is the game playable on Insanity straight away or is it undoable whithout importing a clear sve from ME2 ?

u can start on insanity but you will have to change that mid mission on earth, after that mission and you have to restart. as for the default story.... idk

need help

SPOILER ALERT !!!

[spoiler=1523]how do you save both geths and quarians ?

i've destroyed the guns, save the general, reset the servers already and

[spoiler=1524]tali still dies....

do i need to max out my paragon? for the option to appear ?

Edited by hunterelf

need help

do i need to max out my paragon? for the option to appear ?

If you don't see the options it will never be there.

Paragon and Renegade options if present will always show you just will not be able to click them.

Sorry I don't totally recall this part however.

[spoiler=lkj]

Not 100% sure but if you don't save the general Tali should be fine

I have Tali in my crew

Edited by ecto69

If you don't see the options it will never be there.

Paragon and Renegade options if present will always show you just will not be able to click them.

Sorry I don't totally recall this part however.

[spoiler=lkj]

Not 100% sure but if you don't save the general Tali should be fine

I have Tali in my crew

it's about uploading the geth code, not sure if you're there yet

it's about uploading the geth code, not sure if you're there yet

I finished the game already and Tali was with me all the time.

I think it also depends on your choices in ME2 , no idea for sure read this thread it might help

Upload the code? (Geth/Quarian spoilers) - Mass Effect 3 Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

I saved legion in ME2 he was my fav member.

Also reprogrammed the heretics or killed them I forget which it was.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grBn3oWYvkM]Mass Effect 3 Quarian and Geth Peace - YouTube[/ame]

[spoiler=ghj]

The best possible outcome.One of the best moments in the series. This is what you HAVE to do. No exception!!! The criteria below is essential

~ Tali and Legion has to be alive in ME3. DONT SELL LEGION TO CERBERUS EITHER

~ Rescue Admiral Koris

~ Have a high reputation. At least 4 Bars

~ Destroy the geth fighter squadrons

~ Do the reaper base mission last

~ Let Legion upload the code.

Edited by ecto69

I finished the game already and Tali was with me all the time.

I think it also depends on your choices in ME2 , no idea for sure read this thread it might help

Upload the code? (Geth/Quarian spoilers) - Mass Effect 3 Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

I saved legion in ME2 he was my fav member.

Also reprogrammed the heretics or killed them I forget which it was.

[spoiler=ghj]

The best possible outcome.One of the best moments in the series. This is what you HAVE to do. No exception!!! The criteria below is essential

~ Tali and Legion has to be alive in ME3. DONT SELL LEGION TO CERBERUS EITHER

~ Rescue Admiral Koris

~ Have a high reputation. At least 4 Bars

~ Destroy the geth fighter squadrons

~ Do the reaper base mission last

~ Let Legion upload the code.

yeah, i read that yesterday,and that's what i'm going for, but none of the options appeared for me. i'm playing on a new console so no import save. i've done all the required missions except for maxing out paragon. not sure if that's the reason

yeah, i read that yesterday,and that's what i'm going for, but none of the options appeared for me. i'm playing on a new console so no import save. i've done all the required missions except for maxing out paragon. not sure if that's the reason

Does it not even give you the red/blue paragon/renegade option?

If iirc I was able to pick either one. I did have an import.

I did a renegade run however with a few paragon, actually too many as the very end I could not pick either choice.

This is what my CE strategy guide has to say. I haven't gotten there yet, but I wanted to know how to get both. There are certain requirements that you need to meet in both ME2 and ME3.

-Keep Tali alive through ME2.

-Kill the heretics during Legion's loyalty mission.

-Keep Legion alive during ME2.

-Complete the "Geth Fighter Squadrons" mission in ME3.

If those are all met, then you gain "points for the following you have achieved:

-Complete "Rannoch: Admiral Korris" (+1 point)

-Save Admiral Korris during above mission. (+1 point)

-Save Tali from exile in ME2. (+2 points)

-Destroy the heretic geth in Legion's loyalty mission in ME2. (+2 points)

-Broker peace between Legion and Tali in ME2 (+1 point)

If you fulfill the plot elements and gain at least 5 points, you can persuade the quarian fleet to stand down using a Paragon persuasion. This is extremely difficult and requires four bars of Reputation.

That's what the strategy guide says. I'm hoping that I can still do it, as I chose to rewrite the heretics as opposed to destroying them. That'd be the only thing holding me back. I'll let you guys know how it goes if I succeed.

Okay, I just finished the missions with the quarians and managed to get both the quarian and geth fleets.

I met every prerequisite beforehand except "killing the heretics". Then, I got five points by completing Rannoch: Admiral Korris, saving him, saving Tali from exile in ME2 and brokering peace between Legion and Tali in ME2.

I had a full reputation bar and used the Paragon persuasion option, and succeeded.

In fact, rewriting the heretics actually helped me more than hindered. I looked at my War Assets and the Geth Fleet was bolstered by having them in it, bringing it to 450. Add that with all the other geth stuff and it's sitting at 800+.

So it is possible to get both fleets while still rewriting the heretics in ME2.

What's the best/easiest class to use for an Insanity run?

I played ME2 on Insanity as Soldier, spamming Adrenaline Rush helped out a lot, but it's not as spammable on ME3 so I'm guessing Soldier will be a harder challenge.

I play Soldier on my "main" run (In which I upload my ME2 save file with all my favorite choices, etc), but during Insanity, I just want something a class that will make my life a bit easier. I heard good things about Engineer, but I've personally never played the class before.

I played ME2 on Insanity as Soldier, spamming Adrenaline Rush helped out a lot, but it's not as spammable on ME3 so I'm guessing Soldier will be a harder challenge.

I play Soldier on my "main" run (In which I upload my ME2 save file with all my favorite choices, etc), but during Insanity, I just want something a class that will make my life a bit easier. I heard good things about Engineer, but I've personally never played the class before.

I started an Import of ME2 on Insane and picked Infiltrator and it seems to be much easier then Soldier Girl <not that gender has any bearing)

The Tactical cloak seems to work better then AR.

For me running out of ammo is the main issue. I am currently only just reach Citadel (from Mars). My Soldier run I am still on the last part of Mars.

Yes I am playing several builds at same time , just trying to figure out which is best.

I think a Level 30 ME2 import is better then a ME3 Level 50+ NG+ to start with.

Edited by ecto69

I played through insanity as a soldier and it was decent. Having access to various different types of ammo really really helps; get a decent assault rifle and things like brutes and banshees dont pose too much of a problem toward the end.

thanks for the link, i checked i read an understand the game modes

it's just when imported my ME2 save i never saw a choice to choose Action, Role-playing or Narrative mode . and in the options menu were choices to pick the difficulty, casual , normal , et

is importing a ME2 save by default choosing the Role-playing mode ?

Edited by Madd2u

thanks for the link, i checked i read an understand the game modes

it's just when imported my ME2 save i never saw a choice to choose Action, Role-playing or Narrative mode . and in the options menu were choices to pick the difficulty, casual , normal , et

is importing a ME2 save by default choosing the Role-playing mode ?

When you import ME2 it defaults to rpg, I read that in one of the pages I found, as they say the prior games were rpg mode. No idea how it really relates to me1 and me2.

Will You Play Story, Action, or RPG Mode in Mass Effect 3?

Once you start playing it you can switch settings however there is not simple option like in NEW game.

When you import ME2 it defaults to rpg, I read that in one of the pages I found, as they say the prior games were rpg mode. No idea how it really relates to me1 and me2.

Will You Play Story, Action, or RPG Mode in Mass Effect 3?

Once you start playing it you can switch settings however there is not simple option like in NEW game.

thanks for your response, itz clear now.