so far so good and vaque information on trophies.

BjarneBiceps

So far so good.

loaded up the game, see a few graphical glitches and so on.

but what's up with no level choice?

yes i want to play insanity in my first run, and the trophy states that i can't change it after leaving earth, so i figured it would come up with the usual multiple choice page. but no no.

so i was landing on mars.. until i checked the options and noticed it was on normal. great having to start all over, is no big deal as it's only 15 minutes of play. but come on????????

a tiny little page of "what level do you want to play at" - poor design, if you ask me.

um..............you can choose your difficult level under options. you can play insanity on your first play through just hit start, options, gamplay i believe and choose your difficulty.

which part of "i checked options" indicates that I didn't already know that?

The problem is that I had to check for myself - in the middle of the game.

I was not given a choice. I could have played on for a while, before even looking in options.

Because I was expecting the game to ask me for which difficulty setting i wished to start at.

haha.. :) you could say that.

But it all depends on wether they wish to use the trophies as a hidden bonus, or as part of their actual game design, to make people want to go for it.

and if that's the case, the second point, then it's a major screw up.

if it's hidden, and they want me to have an "oh, that's why trophy didn't pop" experience, then they really nailed it!

secondly. I know there is a level named insanity, and they should give me the option to choose the hardest level from the start, not discover it myself. discovering things yourself, can be part of your game design, but i doubt it's a major point in this AAA release.