hijack problems

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also having problems with this trophy. I did the DLC mission right away and there's an Atlas at the end. I was able to kill the pilot but could not hijack it.

Well I was lucky with it I guess. I got mine in the Ashes DLC on Casual difficulty. Just gotta make sure your only hitting the glass & nothing else & then kill the piolit. When I got in it the health was almost depleated , but it survived long enough for the trophy to pop. :)

Well I was lucky with it I guess. I got mine in the Ashes DLC on Casual difficulty. Just gotta make sure your only hitting the glass & nothing else & then kill the piolit. When I got in it the health was almost depleated , but it survived long enough for the trophy to pop. :)

How far into the main story were you before you did the DLC? I am beginning to think that an earlier post was correct in saying that you have to get to a certain point in the story before you can hijack.

I got the hijack trophy near the end of the "Grissom Academy" mission. Details in the spoiler.

[spoiler=mech]Before the final "defend the students" wave, you will be given a free atlas mech, however this will not unlock the trophy. At the end of the final wave, there will be an atlas mech that will be "hijackable" (or maybe I was just lucky). This will be a good time to get some mech on mech action. Aim for the cockpit and make sure that once the enemy mech is down, that you exit your own mech and "use" the other mech to get the trophy.

I got the trophy on the mission where you have to

[spoiler=freakydan]fight the Cerberus invasion on the Citadel

I just shot the mech in the faceplate, accidentally killed the driver, and hopped in. To be honest, I thought it was a pre-scripted event until it turned out that there were only two people to kill after that. I think you may have to wait until after the Grissom Academy mission.

Edited by freakydan

This trophy is driving me nuts. I've replayed a N7 mission several times trying to do this. I break the glass on Insanity with roughly 50% HP left. No matter what I do to that pilot. He will die, and explode the Atlas no matter what. The only thing I can think of is that if there are no remaining enemies on the field he will explode.

Edited by Wagram

Just got it here is what I did. Sent my 2 teammates as far as possible away from the mech (I made them stay behind a wall) reason being u r the only one that can attack it. The weapons I was using was the dlc particle rifle lvl 5 to take down its shield with disruptor ammo and finally the M-13 Raptor sniper rifle lvl 5 now the trick is to shoot the WINDOW and ONLY the window on the Atlas the glass will break around half way down now u must shoot the driver and only him I emptied a whole clip on him with the raptor if u only shot the window and him the Atlas wont blow up to hell lol good luck

The key to this trophy is making sure your allies DO NOT have a chance to damage the mech as much as possible.

A great place to get the trophy easily, is during the citidel mission. After the first mech appears, Make sure your teamates are manually sent to wait behind the wall on the left hand side. The mech will spawn in the middle of a straight away. Have your sniper rifle ready and hit the glass 3-4 times.

After that run up to the mech and use whatever weapon you want to kill the pilot. (preferably a pistol or any single shot weapon)

And jump right in.

As long as your teamates don't hate on you and damage the mech very much, it will still have half health AT LEAST when you take over the reigns of the mech.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

The key to this trophy is making sure your allies DO NOT have a chance to damage the mech as much as possible.

A great place to get the trophy easily, is during the citidel mission. After the first mech appears, Make sure your teamates are manually sent to wait behind the wall on the left hand side. The mech will spawn in the middle of a straight away. Have your sniper rifle ready and hit the glass 3-4 times.

After that run up to the mech and use whatever weapon you want to kill the pilot. (preferably a pistol or any single shot weapon)

And jump right in.

As long as your teamates don't hate on you and damage the mech very much, it will still have half health AT LEAST when you take over the reigns of the mech.

Hope this helps.

Lol exactly the same place where I got mine and the same method well said dude.

I am still having problems with this trophy, and it's not me at all. I'm on the Citadel and killed the pilot without blowing up the mech. Cockpit door is open and I get the "use" prompt when I walk up to it. Hitting X to enter the mech does nothing though. The icon flashes from red to green and then back to red.

I think my game is glitched. The ONLY mech I was able to get into was the one that is open for you during the Grissom Academy level.