Freezing??............

H8_is_Bad

Anyone's game freeze when using the citadel elevator going to "D2 Docks:Holding area"

When i try to go here the game loads then the damn screen goes black and stays that way and i'm forced to hard restart my ps3.. (use the power button as i can't access the xmb)..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird.. i had no problems with freezing on mars. :dance:

Anyway i found a way to fix the freezing.

1)use elevator and go to where the normandy is.

2)then you can go to docks:holding area without freezing.

Haven't tried to replicate this but when i was doing it from other floors nothing but freezing and black screen.

I also had the Citadel elevator problem. But I just went somewhere else and then to the D2 docking are and everything worked just fine.

What really pissed me off was the massive lag I got while playing through the 'From Ashes' DLC. Became nearly unplayable. But I trudged through it and everything has been playing smooth since.

Granted, I haven't played another action-heavy sequence yet, so... Or it could have been caused from me playing the game nonstop since 1:30PM EST. I just have my fingers crossed it was an isolated incident.

I had the same problem you did and unless i press the ps button and let the loading screen do it's thing i can't enter the docks: holding area, the game just freezes at a black screen.

I found this on another forum:

Push PS button at loading screen

Wait for loading screens to finish until a black screen appears

Exit XMB and the area should load

Edited by Terje550

I have had a few glitches in about 7 hours. When you man the turret .. the brute never came out and it was stuck in an infinite loading loop and Sheapard eventually fell through the ground into the earth and died. lol

HAHAHA! sounds epic. :D

Hey Ecto, been a loooong time. Any save corrupting glitches yet?

Yup been about what 1 year since ME2 on PS3. At least now I am more experienced with PS3 and can put up with faulty games.

Well had my first Freeze and after ejecting the DISC the system wants to report to SONY and then next do a scan of system data (aka hard drive check) Only took 10 mins or so since autosave to get back to game again.

So official this ME3 is just the same crap as ME2 :rolleyes:

At least the data file seems intact.

Bioware must have learned nothing. and now you have to play even nicer on their forum (which is a good thing, as long as you just call their programs S*** and not the forum members and mods)

Looks like I'm not alone. Yup, the elevator glitched happened to me just yesterday. I could hear sounds and all but no visual. Just a black screen. Good thing I saved before I used the elevator. Commander senses tingling that time lol :p

On another note, does pressing the PS button actually work?

I also got the black screen when attempting to access the loading docks. As others have pointed out, pulling up the XMB as soon as the loading screen shows up works around it...for me at least.

The game itself is really good, but I'm alarmed at how unpolished it is.

EDIT: Whenever I get freezes, I just eject the disc. After a few moments, the system gives 3 beeps then reboots. Better than having to do a hard reset.

Edited by DefChaos

got my first freeze of yesterday. it was during one of the cut scenes. had to turn off the ps3. not sure if this is something was newly added to the ps but when i turned it back on i got a loading screen saying checking for corrupted data or something like that. thought it was a nice add on or never noticed it before.

got my first freeze of yesterday. it was during one of the cut scenes. had to turn off the ps3. not sure if this is something was newly added to the ps but when i turned it back on i got a loading screen saying checking for corrupted data or something like that. thought it was a nice add on or never noticed it before.

That was added in by the FW that came out just before the big 4.00 update last year.