Having trouble importing my ME2 Shepard!

PratikH

I can't import my ME2 Shepard when starting up a new game on ME3... this is BS. When I choose to import, the game searches for data and then gives me a blank listing on the "select career" screen.

I have both the ME2 save file and ME2 game data locally saved to my PS3 (not on cloud) and I totally completed the ME2 file (plat'd it for fuck's sake).

I've read on some message boards that replaying the last part of ME2 again might work, but I don't even have the game anymore.

What to do?

Try making a copy of the file and see if it will read it. I had 2 save files for me and I just imported my character just fine. I did download a patch just now so may be that fixed it, not sure

I tried that... copying the save files to my USB stick and copying it right back onto the hard drive. Didn't work.

Should I have tried with the game data also?

I was having the same problem, and man did it piss me off. I looked in my save data folder, and all that was there was my NG+ character. I had to reinstall ME2, switch careers in the main menu for a pre-Collector base save to show up, then still had to beat ME 2 again. It seems like starting a second playthrough with the same character in ME 2 makes ME 3 think that you haven't finished the game, something that almost everybody has to do if they want to reach Lvl 30.

I guess I just got lucky that I still happened to have ME 2. Maybe you can find a rental copy of #2 and just play through the end again? I agree that they dropped the ball on this.

It's really annoying actually. I'm going to wait for a fix (at least for a couple of weeks), especially since my Shep was level 30.

I'd just wait anyway. I didn't have issues importing, but I'm having every other issue (glitch-wise) you can imagine.

I had 3 different profiles with clear data, but I did only see 2 of those careers. I don't know why.

I had the same problem when I tried to import as well was blank. I am not sure if you can import a character from ME2 that hasn't completed the story so I went and redid the last mission and chose to go to main menu instead of keep playing and it worked fine there.

I have 3 characters on ME2 who have finished the game and i cant import any of them. i re-did the last mission in ME2 and then fired up ME3 and STILL CANNOT IMPORT. any ideas???

I got fed up with me not being able to port my save from Me2 so I started from scratch yesterday and now 2 hours in I have it again... DESPITE me having no imported character and (as of now) no Me2 saves on my system.

So WTF is going on. :mad: Why can I not play with nothing what so ever on my hard drive relating to previous titles.

This is a bad joke :mad:

Cheers, brrnout

Here is a question for those with issue importing.

If you open the game in ME2 how many manual saves are in it.

Is there any manual save after you complete SM and get back to Normandy.

I read that you need to as a workaround do the SM again and make a NEW save once you get back to Normandy.

Note if you continue playing the ME2 after SM and do not have a manual save and rely on Auto saves it is possible that it may be the cause. This is just a guess. :think: