Is the Defender trophy obtainable without an online pass?

NovaSD

(B) Defender

Attain the highest level of readiness in each theater of war.

Is there a way to get it without having a pass?

The Galaxy at war is offline for me and I don't have access to the pass unless I want to pay extra money, because I'm using a rental game.

If i remember right you can get every trophy without playing the online game

Do the N7 missions. They're offline equivalent of Online and serve same purpose.

I have done a N7 mission, and it didn't raise the readiness % at all.

This looks like its an online only trophy. Why would they even bother making single/multiplayer objectives combined into a single trophy and then slap us in the face with this one?

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I have the Strat Guide & if I'm reading it right , the Galaxy at War Map can only be influenced in multi-player co-op. It also states the you have to maintain it at all times too. If you go a few days without playing , your readiness will decrease & have to raise it back up again. So I would venture to say this is multi-player only.

Yes and No. Trophy is about Readiness. Readiness depends on assets which you CAN collect in Single Player too. If you mine all planets and do all side-quests you WILL achieve 100% readiness and DEFENDER.

War Assets - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, walkthroughs and more

Key point: You get it from MP, Facebook game and iOS game. But, none of them are NEEDED to get 100% readiness. They just make it easy.

This is the way readiness works:

1. Your Galaxy at War modifier is by default at 50%. Playing MP, iOS game or FB game increases this modifier.

2. All your assets have a certain value.

3. Readiness = GaW Modifier x Total Asset Value.

e.g. Your modifier is 50%, Asset Total = 1000, then your Readiness rating is .50 x 1000 = 500.

4. You need 4000 or 5000 for best ending, depending on certain choice in game. It is not possible to reach 5000 without MP [at least that is general idea so far. Obviously, the fully max only possible with at least MP [100% modifier] and all assets in single player.

Now, question is, what is the rating for which you get Defender? Is it 4k? 5k? 8k? 10k? Don't know for sure. But MP WILL make it easy to max it out.

Yes and No. Trophy is about Readiness. Readiness depends on assets which you CAN collect in Single Player too. If you mine all planets and do all side-quests you WILL achieve 100% readiness and DEFENDER.

War Assets - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, walkthroughs and more

Key point: You get it from MP, Facebook game and iOS game. But, none of them are NEEDED to get 100% readiness. They just make it easy.

1. Your Galaxy at War modifier is by default at 50%. Playing MP, iOS game or FB game increases this modifier.

e.g. Your modifier is 50%, Asset Total = 1000, then your Readiness rating is .50 x 1000 = 500.

4. You need 4000 or 5000 for best ending, depending on certain choice in game. It is not possible to reach 5000 without MP [at least that is general idea so far. Obviously, the fully max only possible with at least MP [100% modifier] and all assets in single player.

Now, question is, what is the rating for which you get Defender? Is it 4k? 5k? 8k? 10k? Don't know for sure. But MP WILL make it easy to max it out.

Thanks for posting this. It isn't explained in the Strat Guide or I over looked it some how.

It may just me being stubborn but description says 100% readyness in every theater of war.... Just exactly what are the theater of wars?

Ok, I never comment, but I'm furious about these ME3 trophies.

I just completed the game, and I finished absolutely every side mission possible, checked my ratings against the wiki, and I have everything maxed, but still did not get Defender or Master and Commander. I wanted to avoid the multiplayer, but I think you may have to go that route here.

I just completed the game, and I finished absolutely every side mission possible, checked my ratings against the wiki, and I have everything maxed, but still did not get Defender or Master and Commander. I wanted to avoid the multiplayer, but I think you may have to go that route here.

What was your total war assets with and without the readiness modifier, may I ask? Would be nice to see what numbers don't unlock these trophies.

I agree. And you know what is the worst part?

It makes not much sense from story point either. It is just a gimmick to make it feel like MP has a story relevance.

Which reminds me, tried NG+ I've heard all assets carry over to NG+. So, maybe you just might be able to achieve it in NG+. And as already pointed out, would like to know your GaW modifier and Assets scores and ratings.

I know not everyone has an iOS device, but if you do buy ME: Infiltrator, I maxed my galactic readiness rating to 100% using it and only took about 3 hours and I haven't even got my ME3 yet. :dance:

Thanks, I did not even know this existed as its becoming extremely hard to actually FINISH a MP game, people just quit or get bored I guess, I am really frustrated at it, mind you they are all public games(no friends with it yet?) and I cant even confirm whether people are actually quitting or its EAs wonderful servers?

Normally it says host quit, searching for a new one, then 95% of the time you get disconnected, its really a TON of fun when you are up to wave 15 or 16 and its all gone and you get no credit...

Thanks, I did not even know this existed as its becoming extremely hard to actually FINISH a MP game, people just quit or get bored I guess, I am really frustrated at it, mind you they are all public games(no friends with it yet?) and I cant even confirm whether people are actually quitting or its EAs wonderful servers?

Normally it says host quit, searching for a new one, then 95% of the time you get disconnected, its really a TON of fun when you are up to wave 15 or 16 and its all gone and you get no credit...

Usually when the host quits, it just resets that wave:confused: And its only 11 waves.

• 1 month later...
It may just me being stubborn but description says 100% readyness in every theater of war.... Just exactly what are the theater of wars?

I got it after Maxing 100% readiness in every system (example: alliance system) so it can only be done with MP and nothing else can replace it so yeah online pass is a must for this trophy :sorry:

I got it after Maxing 100% readiness in every system (example: alliance system) so it can only be done with MP and nothing else can replace it so yeah online pass is a must for this trophy :sorry:

You can increase it via the Data App and the infiltrator game, however, you will need an online pass for it to increase in game. You can get it without playing online at all, but you still need the online pass for the rating percentage to increase.

There are private servers to inv friends!

Have you even finished a MP mission? There are 11 waves! :wtf: Who told you it's up to 16 waves!?!? :2walls:

There are private servers to inv friends!

More like private lobbies, but same servers. I can still get disconnected from friends. It'll say the host has left, and they get a message that I left. It is pretty rare though.

This is actually most likely to be an oversight on BioWare's part, where the wanted to give every trophy an offline alternative, but forgot about this one.

I don't believe there was ever any offline only (P) intentions here based on their online pass track record.

• 2 months later...

I too am on my second playthrew. I played every side mission, scan every planet, every solor system to 100% beat the game and not once did my readiness go above 50% but I did get the M&C trophy. Haven't played the online part of the game and I don't want to pay to play it.

I was super excited to find out you can Still get Tue online trophies by playing single player so it would make no sense this world be the only one you want get threw single player.