Lucky Yanks! And a quick question.

leenazz666

So you lucky lucky Americans have this already!!! I'm in the Uk so I've got another 2 day's to go and I'm wetting my pants in anticipation!

Any thought's so far?

My question is I've pre ordered my copy and for the first time I have ordered from Amazon, will I receive it on release day or will they torture me for another day? I have paid for the most exspensive postage too.

how can the beginning EARTH BEING DESTROYED not be an attention grabber............ but so far the game is absolutely amazing, worth more then the 60$

It wasnt not even close, you are never in any real danger unlike the me2. Never even close to the reapers they tried to tug in the heartstrings at the end of the first scene but it fell way short

Thoughts: Underwelmed at this point, ive only played a short while though. The 2nd game grabbed you with its opening this game lacked that for me. As for the your question its hard to say i wouldnt excatly count on it being on time

I have to agree with this post. After you leave Earth the game slows down alot. Mars was exciting to a point , but man , the game after this point was really lacking for content. I felt like they had writers block at times just to come up with things to talk about in the game.

On a side note , i really hate the way the Normandy looks in ME3. The Normandy looked awesome in ME2. Now its ugly as sin inside and the crew acts like they'er not even there. Hardly anyone talks to you & Joker's one liners are gone , no more funny jokes from him. I know its the end of the universe , but come on. Joker had me rolling in ME2. I'm only 3 hours in & I know it will get better....it has too , it MASS EFFECT :D

Edited by southurnbuck

I have to agree with this post. After you leave Earth the game slows down alot. Mars was exciting to a point , but man , the game after this point was really lacking for content. I felt like they had writers block at time just to come up with things to talk about in the game.

On a side note , i really hate the way the Normandy looks in ME3. The Normandy was looked awesome in ME2. Now its ugly as sin inside and the crew acts like they'er not even there. Hardly anyone talks to you & Joker's one liners are gone , no more funny jokes from him. I know its the end of the universe , but come on. Joker had me rolling in ME2. I'm only 3 hours in & I know it will get better....it has too , it MASS EFFECT :D

Trust me, if you like Joker as much as I do, you're in for a funny, awkward, creepy treat. :D

And I can somewhat agree with the the plot slowing down to a point. There seems to be a crapton more side quests in this one than ME2. I've quickly found myself buried underneath the sheer number of them.

But, to be honest, the game has more than made up for it with the cameos I've had so far with previous squadmates. A couple of them surprised me in a really pleasant way. I'd go running down a person for a seemingly inocuous task, then BAM! I'm standing in front of an old war buddy from ME2.

The fact that you never know when or how they'll appear really drives me forward at this point. I'll get to the main story missions, (I've only done up to securing the Turian Primarch) but I'm enjoying the mystery of how the story, both personal and war-related, will unfold.

Collecting war assets is neat, too.

how can the beginning [spoiler=me3spoilerlullllzzz]EARTH BEING DESTROYED

not be an attention grabber............ but so far the game is absolutely amazing, worth more then the 60$

Shouldn't there be spoiler tags in there somewhere?

It would've mattered if we had, you know, spent some more time on that planet. And that death, why should I feel attached to that kid? I got the cool reference to ALIENS [more so when my FemShep is named Ripley] but we hadn't spent enough time to worry about that death. Now, death of someone I had grown attached to in previous games, THAT would've made better impact.

Normandy being destroyed had much bigger impact than any planet.

I am almost bored silly with this version and gotta love those load screens, I guess they did not learn anything from the ME2 PS3 beta test they inflicted on us last year.

So far it has been one movie (aka cut-scene after another) not much interactive, and it does not seem that you can by pass them.

Hopefully it picks up, at least I will not have to deal with many team members from ME2 as I picked my Insane run import and only 4 survived that one. :p

I love the beginning, the thing with the kid, you could see it coming from a mile away and personally, could not care less.

Other than that it was epic, what i dont care so much for (i just finished mars) is my party, i neither care for ashley nor the new guy no liara. Im hoping i can get some of the old party back