Full Planet Scanning Guide

PrivateRyan

Well good luck with that guys , because mining is very different in this ME game. You'll have to ping planets to find things in order to probe for the objects & at the same time watch out for the Reaper Ships coming to get you. Ping to many times & you'll have to make for a quick escape before your dead. To top it off , you won't be able to explore that system again until you complete another quest , then you can go back to it to find things again. But the Reapers will be on a highten alert for your presence.....So a guide like this will be very handy indeed.

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Well good luck with that guys , because mining is very different in this ME game. You'll have to ping planets to find things in order to probe for the objects & at the same time watch out for the Reaper Ships coming to get you. Ping to many times & you'll have to make for a quick escape before your dead. To top it off , you won't be able to explore that system again until you complete another quest , then you can go back to it to find things again. But the Reapers will be on a highten alert for your presence.....So a guide like this will be very handy indeed.

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

I just noticed that... :(

It sucks! Oh well. I guess this guide will be VERY useful now... stupid reapers!

^yep me too sadly, then i realized that i didnt even need 1/2 of the minerals i mined....

But it helped you in the long run. If you look at your War Assets in the War Room, you'll notice that there's a seperate "Minerals" asset under the Alliance section.

I mined like crazy and my asset was at 25. Anybody else get any higher?

• 4 weeks later...

I started with a new character on Easy to get the "100 Overloads" and "100 Pulls" trophies and the scanning items don't show up on the map except for fuel.

Is that normal? It still seems to "think" I got the stuff. For instance, one system said 50% after i scanned and only found the fuel. When I picked it up, the system was at 100%.

I never got any update saying "you found this or that", does it count as found regardless or are there simply no fetch missions on Easy? How will it give me war Assets then?

I will actually stay at a system until I get 100% for it, even after I have alerted the Reapers. They are very easy to outrun, especially when I realized that when you exit a system to escape the Reapers, you can re-enter the system on the opposite side you left from. So if you ping a planet/fuel depot that is to the right of the sun but the Reapers are too close to risk stopping to collect the item/fuel, then try to exit the system from the left. When you re-enter, you'll be very close to the object for a fast pickup.

Edited by MacrossFan

But it helped you in the long run. If you look at your War Assets in the War Room, you'll notice that there's a seperate "Minerals" asset under the Alliance section.

my asset was at 100. i think i had about 100,000 for each element at the end of ME2. lol

i have 100 on that asset

• 4 weeks later...

I also got 100. Then again I "depleted" every single planet (and world) in ME2... I won't be doing that in ME3 (it's different anyway) - it's guide all the way this time.

Btw. I believe the "scanning guide" is missing at lest "Vana" from Kite's Nest.