Trolls.. Trolling Metacritic User Scores..

H8_is_Bad

Read User Reviews and Submit your own for Mass Effect 3 on PlayStation 3 at Metacritic

Are you kidding me.. The game just came out at midnight lol and idiots are giving the game low ass scores like zero?? wow -_-

I wonder if some rival companies make bogus reviews since their game came out on the same day.. or if it's just haters trolling.. either way it's uncalled for i played about 2 hours and the game is amazing so far.

EDIT: Here are scores for the DLC

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/mass-effect-3-from-ashes/user-reviews

I guess it's people mad about the day one DLC.. It's totally optional to buy not like EA is forcing people to buy this.. i don't want this thread to become a flame fest or start some kinda war just would like your thoughts and opinions on these bogus scores.

Edited by H8_is_Bad

Same thing holds true the other way around: there are always going to be people giving games an A or a 10 or a 100, no matter how good or bad the game truly is. In the end, those scores will cancel each other out.

It also happens on our forums with the platinum difficulty threads: you always see a bunch of people voting for a 1 or a 10 when you know that makes absolutely no sense.

So, you don't even consider that those people might genuinely not like the game?

Its kinda obvious when its serious, or trolling. It was the same deal with BF3 and MW3. BF3 fanboys gave MW3 nothing but 0s, and the other way around aswell.

This is exactly why nobody should care about what other people think about it. Its you(the player) that need to enjoy it, and make your own opinion of the game.

So, you don't even consider that those people might genuinely not like the game?

I have never played a game that I have rated less than a 4/10. 0/10 would surely be almost impossible. The game would have to not load up to get a 0/10.

The MW3 fiasco and now this is the perfect reason why you shouldn't pay attention to user reviews. Critics reviews tend to be closer to my own thoughts so I stick with them (not that they influence what I get, but still).

Who really cares if people are trolling the scores? Its what YOU think, not what other thinks that really matters. People honestly need to stop giving a damn about these sort of things.

It's not what i care. I don't base my purchase on what someone says about the game. I bought ME3 cause i played the first and 2nd and loved them so the 3rd was a sure buy no matter what people said. Also loved the demo.

My point is that new gamers that are naive will see these user scores and probably be turned off and not want to buy the game.

Lol. People actually care about User scores???

I barely listen to critic scores... what would make me actually care about user scores?

My point is that new gamers that are naive will see these user scores and probably be turned off and not want to buy the game.

If they are that stupid, then they don't deserve to play such an epic game..

Edited by HaoleDave

Lol. People actually care about User scores???

I barely listen to critic scores... what would make me actually care about user scores?

If they are that stupid, then they don't deserve to play such an epic game..

True! I'm loving this game so far.

I guess it's people mad about the day one DLC.. It's totally optional to buy not like EA is forcing people to buy this.. i don't want this thread to become a flame fest or start some kinda war just would like your thoughts and opinions on these bogus scores.

I do agree that people should not be rating the game low because they are annoyed by the company having day 1 DLC. However, as I am sure has been discussed in several other places, this day 1 DLC stuff is ridiculous. I just payed $60 for the game and then they immediately want another $10 for a DLC pack ON RELEASE DAY. That means this pack was absolutely ready to go to be shipped on the disc itself.

While the DLC is obviously optional, the game companies know that many trophy hunters want to see that 100% completion stat. I am completely fine with DLC (even loved the extra life it brings to some games like Fallout 3 for me), but this day 1 release stuff is blatant gouging of the consumer.

As others have said here, I tend to ignore user reviews (unless you can tell they are well thought out), and even ignore most critic reviews (or read them with a grain of salt).

i was reading the same article yesterday too. i couldn't believe that people would rate it that low based on some little aspect of the game. It's there loss if they want to rate it low and not play it because of something stupid there missing out on a truly amazing game. every game rater in the world could have gave this game a 1/100 i still would have got it and played it. ratings mean nothing to me when it comes to mass effect or uncharted.

this happens all the time, happend with Modern Warfare, happend with Uncharted 2 nothing you can about it exept dont even bother with user review scores.

Yeah most of us know this lol. It's just that lots of people trust user reviews over critic reviews for one odd reason or another. I personally pick for myself either try a demo or knowing i'll buy it based on word of mouth or what developers are involved in the game.

People shouldn't be dumbasses and rate the game low just cause of day 1 DLC anyway makes no sense at all.

For the most part I don't even bother with user reviews or scores. Most people will give a game a 10 or 1 just because they like or dislike one aspect of the game and take nothing else into account.

For me the mass effect franchise so far has been a series where I don't bother with reviews at all. After I played the first one I knew they would be a lot of awesome for me. But I agree about this dlc being bs. I don't care what anyone says, having a living prothean in your party is really important to the the story. Especially for those of us who have been following the series since the first game. That's not something that should only be in the collectors edition. It should come with all new copies. I'm still gonna get the game but I probably won't buy anymore bioware games after this.