Question of the Century: Will You Use a Trophy Guide?

Marv2K11

Will you use a Trophy Guide?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use a Trophy Guide?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Like the many of you, I am a Trophy Hunter - I like hunting trophies. But I am a gamer first and foremost, and the experience some games provide are overwhelming and downright awesome (as in, awe inspiring).

The Mass Effect series falls into that category, and I have no doubt that ME3 will be the same.

It hurt my inner gamer-soul when I would read about how some people would cheat the system in ME2 and would follow a Trophy Guide to save all their teammates for some trophies for their first playthrough. Personally, had I used a trophy guide, the experience would simply not have been the same.

I haven't even looked at the Trophy List for this game (avoiding a lot regarding this game), but assuming we have one of those "must choose a specific path" trophy (or trophies), will you guys use a Trophy Guide through your first play through?

No way for me.

It depends on the game, If you have something Like Star Ocean then playing without the guide will add many, many un-necessary hours and fustrating hours to your playtime.

i played star ocean 4 and i may have spent many more hours exploring than i would have if i used a guide but nothing beats that feeling of achievement where i found a cool treasure or figured out how to beat a boss all on my own.

what would be the point. trophy guides should be used for reference when you are stuck. i dont understand people who use them from the moment they install the game

It depends on the game, If you have something Like Star Ocean then playing without the guide will add many, many un-necessary hours and fustrating hours to your playtime.

Also keep in mind that trophy guides are great at way to find out about any glitches there might be.

I probably will on my second play, I'll do as much as I can and explore as much as I can in my first play, and then when I clean up on other plays it will be good to see if there's any exploits like mass effect 2's paragon glitch, but I don't want to risk any spoilers by reading a guide before playing the game

For me, it will depend on two things:

1. Are there missable trophies for your first playthrough?

2. Are there trophies that have a chance to glitch out on us?

If any of these questions has "yes" as an answer, I will most likely check out a trophy guide to learn more about what's going on, what's missable and what's glitched. If not, I'll play the game "in the dark".

There isn't a guide yet for ME3.. so most of us on here buying game day one won't be using one :D

I used a guide for the suicide run. Simply because I am the kind of person that would have kept replaying it over and over until I saved everyone which is annoying. So the guide didn't change the outcome just prevented me from possibly having to play the last part of the game several times (esp on higher difficulty).

I will do as always. First playthrough with no guide. Just to enjoy the game. I'll check the trophy list just to know if there is something I can do along the way, but other than that, just a normal playthrough.

The 2nd run will be my Insane Run, and in here I'll memorize every single guide I can to get the platinum, and no reaper shall stand in my way.

No, I won't be looking at a guide. After looking at the trophies list, It look pretty simple and straight forward. Even if their are missable trophies, it wouldn't bothered me since I will be replaying it 4-5 time. Honestly, I'm not even going to bother about the trophies, I just want to enjoy and play the game.

I won't read a guide or anything at all during my first playthrough. That will be 100% blind. My second playthrough on Insanity, I will use one in case I missed anything on my first playthrough.

My same opinion!