Rising, Homing and Spiral

As far as I know, these shots are activated when you hit the ball with perfect impact while using the D-Pad. I had one ball move with an orange burst after landing but no trophy unlocked. I forget which that was.

Now I hit with perfect impact and not only does no trophy come, but there is never any indication that I performed the shot. I have seen some people say you have to hit the pin, but others (like a guide for another Hot Shots game) don't specify it.

Has anyone done this and can you clarify what is supposed to be done?

EDIT: I just pulled off the Rising Shot. You have to hit the pin while using the D-Pad accordingly. Just make sure you're right outside the green and you'll have an easier time hitting the pin. I assume the same goes for the other shots.

Edited by pretend_hero

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you clarify that? What exactly do you mean by "hit the ball... while using the D-Pad"?

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but this is my first HSG and they don't tell you squat in game.

You can use these shots by doing the following:

Hold up while the meter is going up and down while it is on its way back.

Hold down while the meter is going up and up while it is on its way back.

Hold left/right while the meter is going up and left/right while it is on its way back.

All of these require your impact to be perfect, which means hitting the white bar at the end of the meter exactly.

Rising shot has to hit the pin to be successful. Homing shot is picky and looks like you have to land very close to the hole and it has to get in for it to count. Spiral, I have no idea what the requirements are and have yet to see the effects of it.

One of the crown challenges requires a pin shot. That's just hitting the pin directly with no need for a special spin. It must hit the pin first before bouncing.

Edited by pretend_hero

The spiral shot is if you hit the pin on a chip-in shot BEFORE the ball hits the ground. So, perform a spiral shot when chipping, aim the ball toward the pin, and so long as it doesn't bounce too hard it should spin down into the hole. The homing shot will work regardless of how far away it is from the hole in my experience, but I guess for the trophy it does need to go in?

The spiral shot is if you hit the pin on a chip-in shot BEFORE the ball hits the ground. So, perform a spiral shot when chipping, aim the ball toward the pin, and so long as it doesn't bounce too hard it should spin down into the hole. The homing shot will work regardless of how far away it is from the hole in my experience, but I guess for the trophy it does need to go in?

Yeah, for these trophies, the ball needs to go in. I got the one for rising shot. I have pulled off the homing shot even landing it very close to the hole and it still doesn't roll back far enough to go in. I am going to try in a bit with a better spin stat. The homing shot will not activate if you hit the pin before the ball hits the ground. That was irritating when I was trying to land close without hitting it.

Thanks for the tip on the spiral shot. It was a pain hitting the pin for a rising shot, so it's going to be real tough here. Even when I did the rising shot, I lost the challenge match. Insult to injury.

There You go.

Not mine videos.

Meter up d-pad left/right - Meter down d-pad right/left

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYr1Is4-Zw][PSVita][/ame]

Meter up d-pad up - Meter down d-pad down

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOEHgSX0qXY][PSVita][/ame]

Meter up d-pad down - Meter down d-pad up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTcCD7RPF8][PSVita][/ame]

Good luck :dance:

Edited by rospondek

• 2 weeks later...
almost plat this game very easy.

Not easy at all :p CPU is cheating like hell!

Made rising shot today on the last hole on the daily tournament:dance: :dance: :dance:

Tournament was just awful! :(

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1967/ebgphoto1.jpg

But the last shot...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7958/ebgphoto.jpg

It was worth it :applause:

• 3 weeks later...

So let me make sure there aren't any extra special requirements for these:

I was on harvest hills, hole 12, in the fringe, 6.2 feet away from the hole. I used super backspin, pressing up as the scale rose to about 40 %, then down as I perfect impacted. It rose up and hit the pin before the ground, and then came to a rest. I got +30 for pin shot. is it just do it perfectly and maybe you'll get a homing shot? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Edit: Btw, my character Lani is level 3. She is using both power club and power ball.

Edited by militarymeleer

After trying the homing shot it seems that there is a certain amount of randomness to if the ball will actually get the necessary backspin. I have hit the ball from about 160yds and sometimes it will spin backwards and sometimes it wont. The same from about 30yds. Just sometimes it does not register the super backspin.

This is my last shot trophy I need.

I know for a fact that the Sidespin and Rising shot can both be gotten from the fringe. The backspin apparently needs to be a little farther out.

i can not get the homing shot to work. I have tried everything. Saw a video of it hitting the pin first and then working saw one where it didnt hit the pin. I am using the last character you unlock in the game, with loyalty at max, and a lvl 3 turbo spin ball and club. I get close to hole with super backspin and it doesnt home in on the hole. Even had it go in and not unlock trophy. Tried hitting the pin and still it just bounces off, no homing shot.

Am i missing something here!!!!! and YES I am doing these in an official round. Already got the rising and spiral shot

You have to be about 20 yards out minimum. It has to hit the pin while in the air. I just kept doing the first and second holes on Maple leaf 9 hole out until it finally activated and went in.

You will know when it happens...it will bounce off the pin and home in on the hole a few times while keep bumping off the pin. Just hope that when it finally activates it does not miss the pin on the first homing or not end in the hole.