Which Combat System Did You Like Best Mass Effect 1 or 2?

Wreckon Dracgon

Which Combat System Did You Prefer  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Combat System Did You Prefer

• Mass Effect
    • Mass Effect 2

In discussing recently in several different threads it seems that a lot of people liked the combat in Mass Effect 2 better than the first. While the game plays better, for me I loved the combat in Mass Effect 1 far better than the second.

Don't get me wrong the improvements in the second are great. But take the Solider class for example. In the second game you have access to all guns, special ammo, and you have Adrenaline Rush, and Concussive Shot, that’s all nice and well... but in the first game OMFG.

You had Adrenaline Burst, Shield Boost, Heavy Armor, (the Godlike) Immunity, not to mention Assassination, Overkill, Marksman, and my personal favorite Carnage.

Using Assassination on your Sniper Rifle and then taking fire at a Geth Heavy Trooper it felt like you were firing a cannon. In the first game I loved every time a Geth Colossus or Prime would show up. Hit the Immunity Switch, use Carnage, take out the Shotgun and it was like a Rocket Launcher. Not to mention all the customizable ammo. I missed acid rounds :(

Anyway which did you prefer and why?

Not sure which I think is better because I liked both styles.

What I loved about ME1 was that each ability had it's own recharge time. So my Sentinel Sheppard running around with Wrex and Liara were able to keep enemies in a never ending chain of biotics. Everybody was constantly floating around or being thrown around the room :D