\/eteran

OK this is a fairly pointless topic but I just ha\/e to say I am so sick of people saying \/eteran isn't hard... it's freaking solid... with the grenade spamming and enimies 100% accuracy... could the moderators of this site please ban and hack the IPs of anyone who says \/eteran isn't hard... they are just trying to act cool thinking that it makes them some kind of real army war hero when really they just suck and eat beans out of garbage cans.

My 2 cents

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok your idea of banning someone because they think veteran isnt that hard? please tell me your joking. I personally think it wasnt that hard. Not the fact some levels didnt take me some time but that it took no skill whatsoever. It was how lucky you could get with the grenade spam. So like you and i said ya pointless.

btw just something to tell ya for the future normally when you say in your first sentence, "ok this is a really pointless topic" thats a sign not to post it.

Vet was not hard. If you have half decent aim and know the combat mechanic you will through it. I suggest you perhaps do not know this game well enough or are simply not as good a player. Everyone has different skill levels those of us who did not find it hard are not saying this because it makes us feel like big war heroes (it is a game). No we are saying it because quite simply we did not find it that hard and when you compare it to other games say wipeout, it is a lot easier.

Obviously some may think Wipeout is easier it just depends on the player and what they are better at.

You don't find it hard?? How did you like the endless grenades surrounding you. You have got to admit that it was hard.

once again its preference. No i didnt find it hard it took absolutly no skill. Annoying as all hell when randass grenades would seem like they come through the wall behind you yes. But i would not give it the mark of hard. A game like Rockband 2 where you have to master a games controls theres an example of a hard game. Or like Harry said Wipeout where you have to also master the controls. Those types of games are hard. Games left solely up to luck not so much

Platinum... see there are a few people.. .and yes it annoys me alot so I just HAD to post this thread. I hae completed it but still admit it was a bitch and a half.

HarryT1pper... NO AMOUNT of skill can get you out of being surrounded by grenades instantly... like grenade markers pointing in eery direction... also being in co\/er and grenades eerywhere... what can you do about that? Sprinting from co\/er and being killed straight away by a headshot from someone 100 metres away? You don't think I am good? E\/ery FPS multiplayer I ha\/e more than 1.00 k/d ratio.. I am good on FPS, I stick to the sides, check my corners and do it well... So don't tell me it is about skill.

Platinum... see there are a few people.. .and yes it annoys me alot so I just HAD to post this thread. I hae completed it but still admit it was a bitch and a half.

HarryT1pper... NO AMOUNT of skill can get you out of being surrounded by grenades instantly... like grenade markers pointing in eery direction... also being in co/er and grenades eerywhere... what can you do about that? Sprinting from co/er and being killed straight away by a headshot from someone 100 metres away? You don't think I am good? E/ery FPS multiplayer I ha/e more than 1.00 k/d ratio.. I am good on FPS, I stick to the sides, check my corners and do it well... So don't tell me it is about skill.

Ok he wont then i will. You say we gloat because we didnt think veterean was hard? whats this comment right here by you.

You don't think I am good? E/ery FPS multiplayer I ha/e more than 1.00 k/d ratio.. I am good on FPS,

by my reading it sounds like your gloating. And if you wanna go there i have a 2.12 k/d on online for this game i mean if you wanna say your ill say mine :D

NO AMOUNT of skill can get you out of being surrounded by grenades instantly... like grenade markers pointing in eery direction... also being in co/er and grenades eerywhere... what can you do about that?

youve proved my point that vet doesnt take skill and it takes purely luck with this comment made by yourself. thanks come again :D

No amount of logic circumna\/igation will proe \/eteran is easy... nothing to do with gloating... saying something is easy when it isnt isnt gloating, its called bullshitting/lying... I actually do hae more than 1.0 k/d ratio on FPS MP's... thats the truth not bullshit... therefore no contradiction there as I am not gloating...

Thanks... been here, came again, bought the friggin t-shirt mate.

Ok dude first of all use the v key on your keyboard not \/. i mean unless your v key is broken then that \/ is annoying as all hell

Second of all me saying veteran is easy is my opinion how can you prove me wrong or call me a lyer/bullshitter because its what i think.

Ok how is that not gloating stating you have a 1.0 k/d and that has nothing at all to do with anything really in this topic. And you saying "im good at FPS look at my 1.0 k/d" "im so good" bs ya thats gloating.

so once again i say. thanks come again :D

Skill does come in, aim fast and shoot for the heads. Get good at that and numbers dwindle and give you ample oppertunityto charge without taking any damage. As for nades I do not know if you noticed but it is easy to throw them back. The skill comes in also with the approach say you have your smoke grenades and flamethrower if you plan your smoke grenades well you can cover mass bits of map and with flamer remove all enemies in the area... Once again if you have the ability to do this. I just did not find this game hard like I say it is perspective so maybe you are not as skilled sorry but that is life do not cry. I am not the one making a thread calling for those who did not find it so hard to be banned now am I;)

So no this game is not massively difficult I suggest you just learn the game mechanic like I say, maybe if you spent less time whining and more time doing it you would realise this:o

Just so we are clear I am not saying it is as easy as say Uncharted, Dead space etc I personally gave it a 5/10 I just do not think it warrants anything higher. This is why there is a difficulty poll so people can see the range.

Edited by Harryt1pper

Oh come on people, if it isnt hard why are there so many forums about people complaining about how hard it is and going mad, just check this ps3trophies forum and theres aload just on here.. And yeah my \/ key is broken, im sure it is not that annoying :)

And I stated I ha\/e at least a 1.0 k/d ratio because you said you are so good at \/eteran because you are so skillful etc.. so I pointed out I do ha\/e some FPS skill but still think it was a pisstake.. you can try the old defemation of character all you like but facts are facts.. I ha\/e seen literally thousands of complaints about how hard \/eteran is oh but wait... you 3 think it is easy...

Also how am I whining... oh great yet another interchangable comeback used by idiots .. 'stop whining' ... I could say you are whining about it being easy.. I am merely stating a fact... ok maybe you ha\/e the time to learn game mechanics but what about us people with jobs and real lies who dont ha\/e time to 'become one' with a freaking game... ITS HARD.

I am the only person on my friends list with the Platinum sheerly because I had a month of work due to injury and played it alot... most of the other people I know can't e\/en do the 1st le\/el...

Ok so conclusion being... It is hard for the thousands of people I ha\/e seen (but probably millions) who all probably ha\/e a life and unable to play a game so much we mentally adapt to it... but it's easy for you 3 guys...

Edited by gemnian

hey i dont mean to be a buzz kill but i sorta found veteran fun... strange yes i know. i dont what was it, the overly spaming of grenades or the constant deing. It was all not that hard to be honest ... as long as you have the patince of a rock. i beat it in two days pretty easily minus two or three parts(follwing the frekin flame tank is a joke!!!!). And after a while you get used to the AI's retartadition and know how to use it against them. You also apapt to spriting first then fighting... the guys are on constant respawn so yeah real war like but hey its treyarch. like i said easy if you have the patinece of a rock ... and a few spare controllers

just my thoughts

Oh come on people, if it isnt hard why are there so many forums about people complaining about how hard it is and going mad, just check this ps3trophies forum and theres aload just on here.. And yeah my / key is broken, im sure it is not that annoying

And I stated I ha/e at least a 1.0 k/d ratio because you said you are so good at /eteran because you are so skillful etc.. so I pointed out I do ha/e some FPS skill but still think it was a pisstake.. you can try the old defemation of character all you like but facts are facts.. I ha/e seen literally thousands of complaints about how hard /eteran is oh but wait... you 3 think it is easy...

Also how am I whining... oh great yet another interchangable comeback used by idiots .. 'stop whining' ... I could say you are whining about it being easy.. I am merely stating a fact... ok maybe you ha/e the time to learn game mechanics but what about us people with jobs and real lies who dont ha/e time to 'become one' with a freaking game... ITS HARD.

I am the only person on my friends list with the Platinum sheerly because I had a month of work due to injury and played it alot... most of the other people I know can't e/en do the 1st le/el...

Ok so conclusion being... It is hard for the thousands of people I ha/e seen (but probably millions) who all probably ha/e a life and unable to play a game so much we mentally adapt to it... but it's easy for you 3 guys...

Alright ill prove you wrong on this post again.

First of all you really need to learn the difference between opinion and fact. You thinking this game is hard is not a fact, its an opinion. Just because thousands think its hard doesnt mean its not eay for others.

Second i didnt say i was soo good.

Third you dont need to stop your life to learn how to play this game and what it takes to beat a level. Trust me i have a life between school and sports i have about 1-2 hours a day to play games and i dont always use it to play games. All it takes is what mikedacool said "patience like a rock". Within the first play of a level you can tell which ways to go and which to not and how to get past it. No matter who you are you will eventually figure it out but you dont need to just non stop play this game to get there.

And lastly basically saying we have no lives for getting the platinum for this game is pretty hypocritical of you. Espicially since we found it easier it probably took us less time to beat it, making you the one who "wasted" more of your free time getting this platinum.

Please go ahead keep posting about this ill make sure to prove you wrong.

I actually thought that about 80% of veteran was a healthy challenge while that other 20% was just pure frustration. There are a few sections that will make you want to really shoot the developers but it just takes some patience. Eventually you will get a gap in the grenades and be able to make a run for the next "checkpoint". I agree with the point that most of it just takes a little luck not so much skill. Its not easy but I would say it is more just frustrating than hard. And yes that V is very annoying

Oh come on people, if it isnt hard why are there so many forums about people complaining about how hard it is and going mad, just check this ps3trophies forum and theres aload just on here.. And yeah my / key is broken, im sure it is not that annoying :)

And I stated I ha/e at least a 1.0 k/d ratio because you said you are so good at /eteran because you are so skillful etc.. so I pointed out I do ha/e some FPS skill but still think it was a pisstake.. you can try the old defemation of character all you like but facts are facts.. I ha/e seen literally thousands of complaints about how hard /eteran is oh but wait... you 3 think it is easy...

Also how am I whining... oh great yet another interchangable comeback used by idiots .. 'stop whining' ... I could say you are whining about it being easy.. I am merely stating a fact... ok maybe you ha/e the time to learn game mechanics but what about us people with jobs and real lies who dont ha/e time to 'become one' with a freaking game... ITS HARD.

I am the only person on my friends list with the Platinum sheerly because I had a month of work due to injury and played it alot... most of the other people I know can't e/en do the 1st le/el...

Ok so conclusion being... It is hard for the thousands of people I ha/e seen (but probably millions) who all probably ha/e a life and unable to play a game so much we mentally adapt to it... but it's easy for you 3 guys...

1. I did not say it is easy to everyone, I stated it is personal opinion.

2. Being good online does not mean you will be good in single player they are 2 very different play styles.

3. You are whining because you made this thread just read your first post which was a total flame/whine.

4. I am not whining about it being easy I was very happy I found it easy.

5. You do not know the first thing about my life, personally yes I recently lost my job and am now waiting to begin Uni, I live with my girl friend who works full time and I do not see how personal attacks are relevant to this.

6. A month off work for it due to injury, it took you a month and you tell me I am the one with no life? It took me a week and not very much play in that week either as I was working full time then and needed my pub visits.

7. We are the ones with no lives (once again a personal attack) because we spent far less time playing a game to plat it. Yes that is right I spent far less time playing and did not need time off work but in your mind I am the one with no life...:rolleyes:

8. I am not the one coming on perfectly friendly websites causing flame wars for no reason and essentially trolling because I have so much of a life that I think it is clever to do so unlike your lively self.:rolleyes: You just keep investing a month into every game you play to plat, me personally I will put as little time as I can into it. Hey and if that means being good, I will take that anyday.

Good luck, debate over.

God damn... Do you think i would seriously request that anyone who says \/eteran is easy should be banned and hacked? You need to de\/elop a sense of humour.... and stop eating beans out of garbage cans.

Look... I will say again and rephrase it a little... \/eteran is hard for NORMAL PEOPLE... I don't care wether the \/ is annoying or not (it would be alot more annoying if i kept missing letters out calling it 'eteran' agreed??), you can call in all these sidetracks and idiosyncratic phrases like 'whining' and 'flaming' but it won't make you right... not one single person I know thinks \/eteran is easy, I ha\/e about 25 people in my clan who all think it is hard and gae up on the first/second le\/el..

Yes it is possible to complete and taking time to de\/elop the right strategy makes it easier but there is nothing easy about it. What is so fun about hiding behind co\/er, running like hell to next co\/er, hiding a bit more, running like hell, hiding etc (oh yeah only to get your co\/er surrounded by grenades leading to an instant death.... That is not how a SHOOTER should be played, that would fit into the 'hider' category..

E\/EN IF IT IS easy, my main point of this topic is people going on forums where people are crying for help and assistance and saying things like 'I found it easy' etc... that just annoys me.

Anyway yeah... it is hard for most people but ubersuper awesome gamers like you guys (rolls eyes) find it easy because you are all liek n00b pwn3rs etc... <sigh>

E/EN IF IT IS easy, my main point of this topic is people going on forums where people are crying for help and assistance and saying things like 'I found it easy' etc... that just annoys me.

Well I agree with that, if someone asks for help then you should post help rather then tell them they are inferior. It seems your post came across in the wrong way then, I agree the game is not testing your shooting skills as much as it is your ability to hide run etc. I consider it more of a first person puzzle/platform game with elements of shooting when playing on veteran. Personally I did not struggle but I have quite a logical (puzzle solving mind) I am no uber gamer, watch me on mirrors edge and you would see what I mean. Some people on there pull off spectacular feats and I am lucky to stay on my feet. I am just saying COD was a game I personally understood from the word go and did not struggle with. But like I say I agree it is useless to tell people who struggle it is easy and I personally would always aim to help.

Sorry your initial post came across to myself in the wrong way.