Mass Effect Ipad app works with console games

dividedbyn1ght

At an EA event in New York, the publisher revealed another iOS Mass Effect 3 tie-in, joining Infiltrator. "Mass Effect Datapad" is an iPad app that works with the console/PC game somehow. Details are currently slim on this one; we'll get you more info as we learn it.

But if you like Mass Effect and you have an iPad, this likely won't turn out to be bad news for you.

Here's another piece of ME news

Mass Effect infiltrator breaking in to ios devices

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mass Effect Datapad ties iPad into Mass Effect 3 | Joystiq

Receive Texts from Mass Effect Characters with the Mass Effect Datapad App

In addition to the the upcoming iOS game Mass Effect: Infiltrator, BioWare also announced an app called "Datapad" that would allow you to "stay in touch with all of the info in Mass Effect 3," check the status of the war in the galaxy map, and even get messages from game characters.

Okay, this kind of sounds like a slick way to tell us about newly released DLC, but I have to say I get a kick out of the idea of getting texts (or maybe even sexts!) from the characters in my game.

"Hang on a second guys, I gotta go sext some with Thane. Be right back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Receive texts from Mass Effect 3 characters - Kotaku

Edited by dividedbyn1ght

• 1 month later...

resurrecting this topic because I've downloaded this free app on ipad, and took a look at it.

don't count on using it exclusively for farming Galaxy at War readiness rating! :p you send a fleet on a mission for set amount of time (~1hr, ~3hr, or ~6hrs), then collect rewards after completion. you can get maximum of around 1% from the 6hr missions, but there's only 1 available per galaxy sector. while readiness is universal to your Origin account, credits earned stays local to this app.

edit: I think you can use this to slow down (or halt?) the gradual degeneration of readiness rating. but it'll take far longer for it to farm to 100%, than playing MP.

but I think all the extra tidbits of information is the real bonus of this app. the app tracks your in-game completion, and receives additional emails from characters within the game... that's pretty nifty for all the ME lore buffs out there ;)

summary? it's a free app, don't expect it to lighten your MP readiness workload. but take a peek if you have an iphone/ipad, it can't hurt :)

Edited by CatNZ

You can farm easily on Infiltrator though and it doesn't take long to max out 100% readiness. Then when you get 100% just disable your internet connection while playing ME3 so it can't change.:applause:

playing ME3 offline will prevent readiness deterioration? that's awesome :) thanks for the tip!!

I bought ME:Infiltrator too, but not a fan of the control scheme :o