First playthrough?

seeafish

How will you play ME3 the first time?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How will you play ME3 the first time?

• Insanity Paragon
    • Insanity Renegade
    • Casual/Normal Paragon
    • Casual/Normal Renegade
    • Not sure yet...

I'm still debating with myself whether to do my first playthrough on insanity and choosing renegade to get the bad taste out of my mouth with a more relaxed and friendly paragon run on veteran/normal afterwards.

I played both infamous 1 and 2 on evil first, then good and loved both because my memories of both games are of a hero, not a villain who would kick wounded people on the street (althought that shit was funny!).

Wish I would've done the same with ME2. My "good Shepard" will be ruined when I do my insanity run (want to check out the renegade options). I will probably create a different character altogether though!

How will you play ME3 first?

Really that brings up ME2's biggest fault. If you want to be able to convince others all the time and if you want the best outcome, you either have to be an annoying goody two-shoes or a complete ass. In my first playthrough, my decision making was pretty much flawless. I completed every loyalty mission successfully without missing a beat, and I chose correctly on every aspect of the ending sequence. But Jack got killed in "holding the line." Why? Because Jack and Miranda got into an argument earlier in the game, and I was forced to pick a side. I picked Miranda (better ass), and Jack got all huffy about it. I couldn't convince her she was wrong or get forgiveness, because neither my paragon nor my renegade meter were ever high enough, since I was never completely playing one or the other. I lost Jack's loyalty and so she got killed (and because I took Grunt and Garrus with me to the final boss fight, which "weakened" my line I guess).

Really that brings up ME2's biggest fault. If you want to be able to convince others all the time and if you want the best outcome, you either have to be an annoying goody two-shoes or a complete ass. In my first playthrough, my decision making was pretty much flawless. I completed every loyalty mission successfully without missing a beat, and I chose correctly on every aspect of the ending sequence. But Jack got killed in "holding the line." Why? Because Jack and Miranda got into an argument earlier in the game, and I was forced to pick a side. I picked Miranda (better ass), and Jack got all huffy about it. I couldn't convince her she was wrong or get forgiveness, because neither my paragon nor my renegade meter were ever high enough, since I was never completely playing one or the other. I lost Jack's loyalty and so she got killed (and because I took Grunt and Garrus with me to the final boss fight, which "weakened" my line I guess).

I agree with this. The way infamous was done was slightly more balanced IMO. Yes, you were either a hero or a dick, but it wouldnt have significant effect on your game, even if you stayed close to the middle path.

I'm currently finishing off my first ever ME2 playthrough, and I've played as I normally would be IRL - a nice guy :) but there were times were I felt "I really shouldn't be nice to this asshole" or whatever, but because I was worried about getting less paragon and missing out on keeping squad loyal etc, I just picked the nice option.

I agree with this. The way infamous was done was slightly more balanced IMO. Yes, you were either a hero or a dick, but it wouldnt have significant effect on your game, even if you stayed close to the middle path.

I'm currently finishing off my first ever ME2 playthrough, and I've played as I normally would be IRL - a nice guy :) but there were times were I felt "I really shouldn't be nice to this asshole" or whatever, but because I was worried about getting less paragon and missing out on keeping squad loyal etc, I just picked the nice option.

Often the Paragon option when dealing with an ass is still quite aggressive/in your face on Shepard's part. I never felt like I was being a total wuss going mostly Paragon. But the game's charm system is still flexible enough to allow for Renegade actions. In my first playthrough, early in the game, I took the Renegade path on Zaeed's loyalty mission as I didn't want to risk not getting his loyalty. I chose other Renegade options as well basically because I didn't know any better, but in the end I still had plenty of Paragon to deal with the Jack/Miranda and Legion/Tali disputes.

im not worried about nailing Insanity right away. I'll be taking in the story with my various Shepards on the xbox version that i carried from ME1 until now. When im done with that I will unwrap my PS3 copy and proceed to run through on Normal with those shepards then tackle Insanity. Hopefully then I will have 1000/1000 Achievements and the Platinum trophy for Mass Effect 3.

im not worried about nailing Insanity right away. I'll be taking in the story with my various Shepards on the xbox version that i carried from ME1 until now. When im done with that I will unwrap my PS3 copy and proceed to run through on Normal with those shepards then tackle Insanity. Hopefully then I will have 1000/1000 Achievements and the Platinum trophy for Mass Effect 3.

That's dedication right there! :applause:

I'll continue my two paragon Shepards.

My first male Paragon did everything possible in the ME2 game (minus The Arrival DLC), but lost Jack due to me weakening my line too much. I did punch the reporter, though. :whistle:

My second female Paragon Shepard did enough for the gold trophy, but I haven't done all the DLC stuff possible, so she's not as complete as my first Shepard. I kept her single through the comic and ME2 so that might be interesting to do a romance with her this game.

It's hard for me to be a jerk in games when I have a choice. I've played through inFamous 1 and 2 being a hero, but only got through the first couple trophies of evil inFamous 2, though that was due to losing interest more than anything.

I'll continue my two paragon Shepards.

It's hard for me to be a jerk in games when I have a choice. I've played through inFamous 1 and 2 being a hero, but only got through the first couple trophies of evil inFamous 2, though that was due to losing interest more than anything.

Oh man! I know what you mean about the evil thing, and I always like to have a good guy than a bad. But I love to always play another playthrough as the ass who kicks innocent people! :D

The developers went to great lengths to create branches and differences in storyline, and I'm too curious not to know them. I didn't really understand ME that much, so I just started a paragon playthrough, but I'm now emotionally attached to my Shep and almost don't want to play as renegade (I'll make a new female Shep lol).

Also, regarding Infamous, I played both as evil first and both times I LOVED the hero story/endings more after having played through the evil ones. I highly recommend you do iF2 on evil at least! :D