Rate the trophy difficulty  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.85

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

• 1 month later...

I'm going with a nine. I have all of the trophies except for two:

1) I Love Everybody! (raise all characters loyalty to max - should have this tomorrow)

2) SOLD OUT (purchase every item in the shop)

After doing all of the challenges and getting all the crowns, I need about 240k+ points to buy all of the costumes. I then need an unknown amount for the lobby character parts. Now, for the lobby character parts - you start paying and getting duplicate parts. So who knows how much it'll cost to 100% all three of those.

To put things in perspective - I can earn about 4k points in one round of 18 holes.

SO yeah, that's going to take a stupid long amount of time.

I'm going with a four. Put in about 10 hours so far, only trophies missing are one's for buying stuff, which will be cake if anyone does the 3 daily challenges. Plus the one for maxing all characters. Those challenges aren't hard, just time consuming. Then you have the one's for all of the shots. Those are the only 3 that are really "difficult." So I give it a four. Sorry don't know what the first hidden trophy is, but I assume it's just as easy as the other 8.

I'm going with a four. Put in about 10 hours so far, only trophies missing are one's for buying stuff, which will be cake if anyone does the 3 daily challenges. Plus the one for maxing all characters. Those challenges aren't hard, just time consuming. Then you have the one's for all of the shots. Those are the only 3 that are really "difficult." So I give it a four. Sorry don't know what the first hidden trophy is, but I assume it's just as easy as the other 8.

I'm with you on the four. the missing hidden trophy is to use all shot types (gauge, circle, arrow, advanced and traditional)

militarymeleer You're wrong. If You think that after 10hrs of gameplay You know everything, good luck.

Daily tournaments qon't give You lot of money. I already have 44 rounds played and have only over 300k pts in total.

I only bought one character and few balls and clubs, music and four memberships which all costs about 200k.

I'm always short of money.

Second thing. From bronze rank courses and holes are a really 'beach' ;) Always water, slopes and crazy wind. There is too much luck and no skills actually.

Stars are not hard when you have easy mode on... but crowns! Damn! Some of them seems impossible.

For now, I'll say 9-10 for the platinum.

I give this a 10, because they really couldn't have made it any more difficult. Even if you're an HSG veteran, I don't see how you can even give it less than a 7. It's certainly not easy, well above 3-5 on the difficulty scale.

Some of the things I'm still missing are:

• Crown: Keep a perfect impact rate over 50% and win
  • Crown: Win with at least 3 birdies in a row (teeny cup)
  • Trophy: Skip the ball across water three times in a row in an official roud
  • Trophy: Score a double eagle in an official round
  • Trophy: Perform a spiral shot in an official round

It's also incredibly time consuming to purchase everything in the shop, as others have mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

i'd say 4 if youre a veteran HSG player as theres a lot of grinding. plus some of the crown requirements are kinda tough. if youre new to HSG or a casual player it becomes a 7 or 8. its much tougher than OT2 IMO

I rated this a 7. Nothing I have done in this game is super difficult. It is just time consuming. There is a little bit of luck required. The hardest things are Homing shot, and the double eagle or hole in one.

Most of it happens with play and since you need to play thousands of holes to get the platinum they will eventually happen while playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the plat, rated it a 9. Some of the challenges are very hard, it's long (with having to max out all characters' loyalty and buying everything from the shop bearing the brunt of the grind), and getting an albatross or hole in one is very difficult. Tons of fun to play, though, so I am happy that I played it.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. I really didn't find anything that difficult in this game. I guess I got real lucky as there are some high scores above. The game is extremely time consuming and one huge grind for the buy everything trophy. That doesn't make the game hard though.

homing shot gave me the most trouble, I tried it on every hole while grinding cash. A few crowns were tricky but not game breaking.

I gave it a 3. I really didn't find anything that difficult in this game. I guess I got real lucky as there are some high scores above. The game is extremely time consuming and one huge grind for the buy everything trophy. That doesn't make the game hard though.

homing shot gave me the most trouble, I tried it on every hole while grinding cash. A few crowns were tricky but not game breaking.

Yes, you were lucky. Some people I know are still grinding Hole-in-One and Alby, and they have hundreds of rounds plyed. It is very luck based, so the scores will surely vary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the platinum and I'm voting 9. Some of the crown requirements are ridiculously hard and the shot types/double eagle/ hole-in-one are luck based. If that wasn't enough it's really time consuming with level grinding and having to buy everything. Still brilliant game though, best PS Vita game so far.

• 3 weeks later...

My hat's off to all who obtained platinum! Vamp, you'll get it soon.

For me, this platinum is ridiculously hard. I have put in a ton of time already and only have 20% of the trophies. I'm not one to complain. I enjoy a good challenge. But this game feels downright impossible in the later levels. And some of the skill shots feel like pure luck. Maybe I'm just not good at this game. I think GT5's platinum is more attainable that this one.

Edited by NewYorkNative28

My hat's off to all who obtained platinum! Vamp, you'll get it soon.

For me, this platinum is ridiculously hard. I have put in a ton of time already and only have 20% of the trophies. I'm not one to complain. I enjoy a good challenge. But this game feels downright impossible in the later levels. And some of the skill shots feel like pure luck. Maybe I'm just not good at this game. I think GT5's platinum is more attainable that this one.

Hehe, thanks mate, I already obtained it exactly month ago:P

As I expected, homing shot was luck based - I have it in one of the Daily Tournaments. Since then I scored it 3 times.

Yes, this platinum is very hard and respect to all who obtained it!:applause:

• 1 month later...

i gave it a 3. it was easy for me, just took a while. i pretty much played all the hsg games on the ps2, so i picked it back up really fast.

came back from a weeks vacation. played last night and this morning to max out the last 2.5 characters.

just maxed out the last dude and had just enough to buy the rest of the costumes. then on the 4th hole of the next round with lani (or whatever), i got my homing shot & PLATINUM!!!!!!

pretty much perfect timing with the maxing loyalty, money and only 4 holes for homing shot on 1-1. D...U...N....done with this game.

Edited by dh4645

I wanted to rate this game easy, but it isn't. Yes it is time consuming getting enough points to buy everything and raise the characters loyalty, but I don't rate games as hard based on being time consuming. The reason it is hard is probably mostly based on the fact that putting is hard for me. There are a few courses I have played 20-30 times without beating, mainly the last 18 hole course. Also some of the crown achievements are tough for me.

I am going with a 7.

I wanted to rate this game easy, but it isn't. Yes it is time consuming getting enough points to buy everything and raise the characters loyalty, but I don't rate games as hard based on being time consuming. The reason it is hard is probably mostly based on the fact that putting is hard for me. There are a few courses I have played 20-30 times without beating, mainly the last 18 hole course. Also some of the crown achievements are tough for me.

I am going with a 7.

did you put it on easy mode?

i did the first half on regular then the last half of the tourneys on easy mode. i could most likely win without being on easy mode, but i didnt feel like getting frustrated like you did

and by the by....126 plats WTF. dont you have a job or school. hah

did you put it on easy mode?

i did the first half on regular then the last half of the tourneys on easy mode. i could most likely win without being on easy mode, but i didnt feel like getting frustrated like you did

and by the by....126 plats WTF. dont you have a job or school. hah

I'm on easy now, but still having trouble with some of the crown chevos. I got most of those plats in 2010 and 2011, now I work full time and have a 6 month old. So yes my platinum days are done. I might get 3 or 4 platinums this year if I am lucky. Been working on Lollipop Chainsaw for like 2 months cause I never get to play. Still have Prototype 2 in the wrapper.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just 2 trophies away from platinum (missing Albatross and Sold Out trophies) but I can't believe people is voting this a 3. I've been playing the series since the PSP games and this is at least an 8. I've re-tried the Albatross shot at least 200 times. Many trophies are so luck based they're infuriating.

Edited by Atolm