Ps3 owners getting screwed?

dividedbyn1ght

"Buy 'Mass Effect 3' Action Figures, Get Multiplayer DLC

"This DLC is only available to PC and Xbox 360 players, so PS3 Mass Effect 3 players will have to await a release for their platform."

Buy 'Mass Effect 3' Action Figures, Get Multiplayer DLC | Ology

Pre-order a Mass Effect artbook for an in-game rifle on PC or Xbox | Joystiq

Am I out of line for being pissed off that ps3 owners are getting screwed over by bioware?

Your only getting screwed if you plan on purchasing a $25 action figure or the $40 art book. Hardly a loss to me. This DLC will be available to us separately. I personally don't need the Figures or the Book. Just let me get the DLC.

You're missing the point, the point is that ps3 owners aren't even given the option to get the dlc from these items.

To me it seems a little silly for all this weapon DLC to be out there. Apparently every weapon you have from ME2 comes with your imported Shepard and you can only carry so much anyway.

I guess since weapons are more customizable and not class-restricted now it may make more of a difference, but between imported weapons and free weapons like from the Kingdoms of Amalur demo, I should be set for the game.

I also assume you will earn more weapons through playing like ME2, but I guess I can't guarantee that.

EDIT: After thinking about this for a bit, I realized that most of these DLC weapons are for multiplayer. Now I agree that we PS3 players are getting the shaft again from a major company.

Edited by darkrequiem7

Don't see the big deal. The DLC will probably be released later on and it won't cost the same amount as the figures themselves, so who's really losing here?

I understand that what you are saying is a possibility, but that's not my point. The point is that bioware isn't giving ps3 owners the opportunity to buy these items so that we can obtain the dlc just as xbox 360 and pc users are able to do. I see what bioware is doing and it looks like and feels like they would rather help everyone else out but ps3 owners. Like I said, ps3 owners are getting screwed over.

I understand that what you are saying is a possibility, but that's not my point. The point is that bioware isn't giving ps3 owners the opportunity to buy these items so that we can obtain the dlc just as xbox 360 and pc users are able to do. I see what bioware is doing and it looks like and feels like they would rather help everyone else out but ps3 owners. Like I said, ps3 owners are getting screwed over.

I was little bothered by this too when I first saw it, but then I saw the set of figures was $70 and figured I wouldn't buy it anyway. Nevertheless, I see your point. They did something similar with Dragon Age II item promotions. At least one I could think of was exclusive to Xbox and PC customers.

It happens. Last year Dr. Pepper had EA codes under their caps to get ME2 DLC, but it was only for XBox and PC. PS3 got left out (though to be fair the entire promotion seemed to have codes mainly for XBox versions of multiplatform games).

It's a ripoff anyway. Kotaku had an article on the action figures and they did the math. All 4 series sets of ME figures would cost over $270, making it the most expensive DLC ever. The only users getting screwed are the one's willing to buy it to be honest.

Edited by fancyfox

It's not really a matter of PS3 users getting screwed over, its a matter of Microsoft paying to promote Mass Effect 3 for their system. There's nothing stopping Sony from doing the same thing.

Good point, Zallera. Microsoft is paying to have some of these exclusives. Xbox and PC is also where Bioware hit it big with games like "Knights of the Old Republic" and "Mass Effect." It's understandable if they felt some loyalty to Microsoft. While I would normally be upset about this, I'm just so grateful we got a chance to play the Mass Effect series that I don't even care. I'm just happy I didn't have to buy an Xbox for the sole purpose of playing this series.

If it's just a few weapons, skins or even maps then i guess i'm ok with that, it's not like we PS3 owners are being screwed for the first time anyway.

I do see what OP's talking about, we PS3 owners always seem to be the red haired step child when it comes to DLCs, and i don't even know why, it's not like these DLCs are gonna sell consoles or copy of the games, it has not affect but inconvenience to us.

It's not exclusive content or anything like that, but it is something little that may bother PS3 owners who are anticipating the games release.

Signing up to the app allows you to join "missions" which, if completed, unlock Xbox 360 rewards and entry into sweepstakes, including the chance to win to a Mass Effect 3 Custom 250GB Xbox 360 console, which comes in both Paragon and Renegade flavours.

The app won't provide any in-game bonuses and appears separate from EA's planned "handheld/mobile" tie-in, which will aid players in Mass Effect 3's Galaxy at War metagame.

The first Facebook mission is available now and merely requires players to sign up to the app. Once enough people have joined in you'll receive a Normandy prop for your Xbox avatar, likely the same one that comes with the game's Collector's Edition.

Mission number two, coming next week, will reward players with early access to the Mass Effect 3 demo. You'll have to submit your best pick up line to take part, or, if you're feeling Renegade, your best rejection put-down.

11 Facebook missions are planned, leading up to the game's launch on 9th March. One will reward players for downloading the game's demo (you'll get a free virtual t-shirt), while another will ask you to submitting videos of yourself doing Mass Effect character impressions (you could win the game's Collector's Edition).

I get that Mass Effect is/was Microsoft's little thing, but I'm sure many would of appreciated Sony stepping up and doing something of their own.

Don't like it? Don't support Bioware by not purchasing their game. Ok, I know you will, so at least don't buy the action figures, then.

They took the shady Microsoft cheese, just like Activision and their CoD early-release map packs.

Oh, and to answer your next question, if PS3 gets something first I won't be complaining.

Who wants stupid American non-Japanese toys, anyway... >_>

(Yes I'm not a ME fan, either, sorry. </Bias>)

It's not really a matter of PS3 users getting screwed over, its a matter of Microsoft paying to promote Mass Effect 3 for their system. There's nothing stopping Sony from doing the same thing.

So Sony is cheap then and always has been when it comes to these promotions... Yay!

It all starts at the top. Bill Gates is a money grubbing whore so if a publisher/company/retailer throws money at Microsoft they will gladly screw over anyone, so it is only natural that they would expect the same if they are the one throwing the money. Sony won't kowtow so they get the shaft. Don't blame them at all.