Do trophies stack on Vita vs. PS3?

Trellgoth

So, I'll be waiting for February 22nd for the Vita Release and I'm wondering just one thing.

I know the Vita trophies and the PS3 trophies will come in one listing (yay for trophyhunters! - which I'm not btw).

However, one thing isn't quite clear to me.

Say, you have played Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the PlayStation 3. You also bought the game for the Vita, will you get two sepperate trophy lists for the same game? (same goes for Rayman Origins, Street Fighter X Tekken, and so on...)

Anyone got any answer or experience on this area?

I can confirm the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 stacks. In other words, 2 different lists. Vita list is a carbon copy of the PS3 list, so people having played the PS3 version will know what to do.

Nice.

So, how do you see the trophy lists? Are there two sets of UMvC3 trophies there? Just like the way people have played games from different regions?

Or is there a sepperate Vita section when checking the game names of the trophy sets?

Nice.

So, how do you see the trophy lists? Are there two sets of UMvC3 trophies there? Just like the way people have played games from different regions?

Or is there a sepperate Vita section when checking the game names of the trophy sets?

On the Vita each list is tagged with either PS3 or Vita. They all go down the same list. Right now I sort it with Type, meaning the Vita lists comes first because I'm hunting those lists down:D

So far all I've heard is UMVC3 stacking, but personally I'd like to know if Rayman Origins, Plants vs Zombies and Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend stacks.

Unfortunately since currently the PS3 cannot display Vita trophies on the list, that answer is only available by looking at the Vita locally and owning both PS3/Vita versions, then seeing if they stack or not.

Still waiting on the PS3 FW update that will allow them to show up, if it even is coming.

There are many games that can potentially stack that personally I wouldn't want to do again and are difficult enough on their own.

Sony should really mandate PS3/Vita counterparts to have the same list, that would also encourage the "bringing your game on the go" aspect instead of "bringing your game on the go and having to start over".

I can confirm the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 stacks. In other words, 2 different lists. Vita list is a carbon copy of the PS3 list, so people having played the PS3 version will know what to do.

Vita obviously has no external USB controller support (no arcade stick or pad in this case), so doing those 480 missions on the little Vita may be...problematic. :rolleyes:

What were they thinking?

Edited by zeociko

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing up this thread, but figured it was less then a month old and would save starting a new one.

How do trophies work in relation to remote play? Say for example I play Plants V Zombies remotely on my Vita can I a) get trophies on the Vita for a PS3 game and b) do they count towards the PS3 trophy list of the game (being as the format is PS3).

Sorry for bringing up this thread, but figured it was less then a month old and would save starting a new one.

How do trophies work in relation to remote play? Say for example I play Plants V Zombies remotely on my Vita can I a) get trophies on the Vita for a PS3 game and b) do they count towards the PS3 trophy list of the game (being as the format is PS3).

No, the games you can play on the PS3 with remote play unlock trophys for the list of PS3 games.

Thinks of it like controlling your PS3 when hacked by a PC (for example of course). Your PC wouldn't get trophys but your PS3 would.

I know people would like same games to unlock both lists of trophys, but that would be a little easy for those searching for a Trophy list boost.

And also there are not much games that support the remote play yet. Hopefully this changes in the future cause its a really nice feature

Are there even games at this time that exist on the Vita that you can also play on the PS3 with remote play? Most of them aren't compatible

When I transfered across motorstorm RC to the vita from PS3, all the trophies unlocked automatically that I already had. Does this mean I can try get a plat on PS3, then just copy it across and the vita unlocks also?!

I would imagine so, keep pressing on to find out. It was advertised you can take your game on either devices with its cloud feature. I would have thought initially they would handled it with just one trophy list that can unlock trophies on either version, but it really became separate stackables.

Either way, that's pretty nice not having to do the same stuff twice. Despite awkward timestamps, I'm sure one can easily compare both games to know though.

Here's what I can confirm: when I started the Vita version of Plants vs Zombies, I already had 100% on the PS3 version. When starting the Vita version, none of my PS3 trophies switched over, and I had to earn everything all over again on the Vita. So yeah, the two seem to be completely independent of one another, at least for this one game.

Edited by MegaHentai
voices in my head commanded it.

Here's what I can confirm: when I started the Vita version of Plants vs Zombies, I already had 100% on the PS3 version. When starting the Vita version, none of my PS3 trophies switched over, and I had to earn everything all over again on the Vita. So yeah, the two seem to be completely independent of one another, at least for this one game.

I think that's the way most games will work. Exceptions being Motorstorm RC and Hustle Kings at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump but i didnt want to post a new thread. Can you purchase another regions game and have the trophies stack? I.E. I want to purchase EU,Asia, or JP Unit 13 and replay it. Does that mean I could stack these trophies on top of my US Unit 13 list?

Sorry to bump but i didnt want to post a new thread. Can you purchase another regions game and have the trophies stack? I.E. I want to purchase EU,Asia, or JP Unit 13 and replay it. Does that mean I could stack these trophies on top of my US Unit 13 list?

Yes, some trophy lists stack for regions. Check this thread:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/60888-multiple-region-games-stacking-trophies.html

^ what this guy said :)

Any vita games with an online pass will not be able to be platted in other regions as your main account won't be able to acces the other regions psn store to redeem the pass. And you can only have one psn id per vita at any one time :(

Unit 13 has an online pass so you wouldn't be able to achieve any of the online trophies. All of the other offline trophies would be obtainable.

Edited by Kahuna