Comprehensive List of Pre-Release, In-Game Items

ChipperVA

Hey guys. It's that time of year again and we are getting ever closer to another awesome Bioware release. And that means a ton of in-game pre-release items! I started a similar thread when Dragon Age 2 came out to help everybody (and myself) get as many of the items as possible. It seems like Bioware is announcing new items everyday, so I'll keep it as up to date as possible. Let me know what I'm missing.

Items that are not pre-order exclusives will require an EA Account. If you've played any EA game while online, you should already have an account. You can check the non-preorder items you've unlocked on the Bioware Social Network where you can also sign up for an account.

"Mass Effect 3" Collector's Edition

Price for game: $79.99; £69.99

1. N7 Hurricane SMG

2. N7 Crusader Shotgun

3. N7 Valient Sniper Rifle

4. N7 Eagle Pistol

5. N7 Hoodie for Shepard

6. Robotic Dog

7. Squad Appearance Pack (Includes outfits for Ashley, Kaiden, Liara, and James Vega)

8. "From Ashes" DLC (Includes bonus character and mission)

General Pre-Order Item

Price for game: $59.99; £39.99

1. M55 Argus Assault Rifle

NOTE: All major retailers should offer this as a pre-order bouns.

GameStop (U.S.)/GAME (UK) Exclusive Pre-Order ItemsPrice for game: $59.99; £39.99

1. N7 Defender Armor

2. N7 Valkyrie Rifle

NOTE: Only offered by GameStop for U.S. customers and by GAME for UK customers.

"Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" Demo (PSN)

Price: Free Download

1. Reckoner Knight Armor

2. The Chakram Launcher

NOTE: The first item will be unlocked as soon as the game connects to the EA server on start-up. You have to complete the demo (and wait until the end of the 45 min. free roam) to unlock the second item. You must be online when you play. Pop-up notifications will inform you when you have unlocked each item.

Edited by ChipperVA

Just finished the "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" demo and wanted to update everyone on how to get the ME3 items. The "Reckoner Knight Armor" unlocks as soon as the game connects to the EA server before you even start the demo. You have to complete the full demo however to unlock the "Chakram Launcher."

The demo is split into two parts. The first part is a typical dungeon as an intro to fighting and navigating. However, the second part is pure free roam. You can access side quests, talk to NPCs, fight battles, etc. At the end of 45 min. in free roam, the demo will end. You have to wait for the 45 min to end to earn the "Chakram Launcher." (A pop-up box will tell you when you have earned each item)

Also, I can confirm that these items will be listed under "Your Registered Game Content" on the Bioware Social Network. You don't have to have an account with Bioware to access the items, but it's a good way to keep tabs on what you've unlocked. You do have to have an EA account and have played online to access the items.

Below is a screenshot of the unlocked items on my account on the Bioware Social Network so you can see what it looks like.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4548/biowaresocialnetwork.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You have to wait for the 45 min to end to earn the "Chakram Launcher." (A pop-up box will tell you when you have earned each item)

I completed the demo without any problems but I didn't see any messages about unlocking the ME3 items. It's not a big deal since I'm sure I could just redo it in the future but I'd thought I'd bring it up incase others have the same problem.

I completed the demo without any problems but I didn't see any messages about unlocking the ME3 items. It's not a big deal since I'm sure I could just redo it in the future but I'd thought I'd bring it up incase others have the same problem.

Were you online at the time? You have to be online and allow the game to connect to the EA server before it will start unlocking the items for you. Did you get the pop-up boxes saying you earned the in-game items for Kindgoms of Amalur? If not, not being online may be the issue.

Remember, the items are not assigned to your PS3, but your EA account.

Were you online at the time? You have to be online and allow the game to connect to the EA server before it will start unlocking the items for you. Did you get the pop-up boxes saying you earned the in-game items for Kindgoms of Amalur? If not, not being online may be the issue.

Remember, the items are not assigned to your PS3, but your EA account.

Ah, interesting. I'll try logging on and then booting the demo up to see what happens. I don't remember if I was signed in at the time or not.

That did the trick. As soon as I started it up, I got a few legal pop-ups and then two KoA item notifications and then a ME3 notification. I didn't read it (wish I did) but I assume I got both ME3 items from that one notification.

Ah, interesting. I'll try logging on and then booting the demo up to see what happens. I don't remember if I was signed in at the time or not.

That did the trick. As soon as I started it up, I got a few legal pop-ups and then two KoA item notifications and then a ME3 notification. I didn't read it (wish I did) but I assume I got both ME3 items from that one notification.

You didn't! You only got one ME3 item. The armor is unlocked just for starting the demo. You have to finish the demo to unlock the other.

• 4 weeks later...
I've pre-ordered this at Game in the U.K,but they haven't mentioned any pre-release bonuses:confused:

When the game arrives in a couple of weeks,will it have a code with it? Or is it likely to be built into the game somehow?

I'm getting confused!:(

If you pre-ordered in store, you'll probably get a code when you pick up the game. If you pre-ordered online, they usually e-mail you the code. Whether you have heard about it or not, you should get the code when you get the game.

The offer is listed on their website. Link: GAME-Mass Effect 3

Edited by ChipperVA

I think it's utter crap that, even though I'm buying the COLLECTOR'S EDITION!, there's still DLC they keep exclusive. I'd love to use the Defender Armor, I think it looks kickass. BUT, since I preordered through Amazon, I'm sh*t out of luck.

How stupid is it that even the CE doesn't get all of the DLC offered? Seriously irritates me...

Though I guess it's not "officially" confirmed, IGN has revealed the identity of the bonus character included in the Collector's Edition. The character and mission is part of a day one DLC called "From Ashes." It's free to purchasers of the Collector's Edition, others will have to purchase the DLC separately. I've updated this information in the list above.

NOTE: I didn't include the character's name to avoid spoilers. I felt like it was a little bit of a spoiler when I read it, but if it's day one DLC we're all bound to hear about it before the game comes out.

Link: Mass Effect 3 DLC Leaks to Xbox Live Marketplace - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Edited by ChipperVA

Though I guess it's not "officially" confirmed, IGN has revealed the identity of the bonus character included in the Collector's Edition. The character and mission is part of a day one DLC called "From Ashes." It's free to purchasers of the Collector's Edition, others will have to purchase the DLC separately. I've updated this information in the list above.

Link: Mass Effect 3 DLC Leaks to Xbox Live Marketplace - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Yep, that link confirms it.

The DLC squadmate is officially:

[spoiler=yay]A Prothean

Im so happy :dance:

I think it's utter crap that, even though I'm buying the COLLECTOR'S EDITION!, there's still DLC they keep exclusive. I'd love to use the Defender Armor, I think it looks kickass. BUT, since I preordered through Amazon, I'm sh*t out of luck.

How stupid is it that even the CE doesn't get all of the DLC offered? Seriously irritates me...

My biggest gripe with EA... day one DLC, passes to access things, things you can get by playing their other games. It really rubs me up the wrong way.

I NEVER partake in their profiteering shenanigans, but for ME3 I'll have to make an exception :(

My biggest gripe with EA... day one DLC, passes to access things, things you can get by playing their other games. It really rubs me up the wrong way.

I NEVER partake in their profiteering shenanigans, but for ME3 I'll have to make an exception :(

Casey Hudson was responding to some of the hate towards day 1 DLC on twitter earlier. He said how that the 3 months leading up to release your game is done with only some minor bug fixing being able to take place before the game goes Gold (off to print) so the majority of the team switches to DLC at that time. He said that From Ashes was made in that time.

I don't mind when EA adds little extras for trying out other products of theirs. Yes, it is a way to gain exposure for lesser franchises so they can hopefully sell better but without it I wouldn't of known how much I like Dragon Age or that I wouldn't like Amalur (not going to buy it after the demo and I was before).

As to exclusive preorder bonuses from store to store, the retailers actually pay for that so it isn't entirely EA's fault. If you were running a business you would take the cash more often than not, even though it is terrible for the consumer.

Edited by BaldWombat

• 2 weeks later...

When Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6 (9 in EU), Battlefield 3 players who’ve activated their BF3 online pass will automatically have access to an exclusive human soldier kit, inspired by Battlefield 3’s awesome aesthetic. The kit will automatically be granted when you sign into the Mass Effect multiplayer using the same Origin account linked to your BF3 Online Pass.

http://www.facebook.com/battlefield

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/425563_10150590471092672_308775617671_9108008_1079238627_n.jpg

Anybody know if the DLC that's part of the Collector's Edition(particularly the weapons and that neato pet robot) will be available for purchase on the Playstation Store? I know the From Ashes DLC will be but I really hope the rest of the stuff(or at least some of it) will also be available for purchase. I tried to pre-order the Collector's Edition, but Gamestop was already out of CE slots and I had to make do with pre-ordering the regular version. It was my first time trying for a Collector's Edition on any game and didn't realize that pre-ordering a month before release was too late to get the pre-order in.

When I picked up my ME3 pre-order from Gamestop, I was pleased to learn that I could buy the DLC from the Collector's Edition(except the robo dog, dunno why) for an additional $10 and I did so, and the code printed out on my receipt a little ways down from my pre-order code. I am very glad that I don't have to miss out on the extra gear just cuz the CE was sold out before I could get my pre-order in

Mass Effect 3 M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle Giveaway (Alienware)

**Please note this M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle key will only work on the PC version of the game.

http://c578254.r54.cf2.rackcdn.com/header-giveaway-63-mass-effect-3-m-90-indra-sniper-rifle-giveaway.en.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images/4/4d/M-90_Indra.png

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway/

Edited by OceanH