Random PSN messages after playing this

BloodyFistHole

This is going to sound insane, but ever since playing this game, I've been getting random messages over PSN from people I've got nothing to do with. I know it's because of the game, because they've all got RAGE trophies as their last obtained trophies and most of them are wanting to play online with me. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

It's not a bother, I'm just curious as to how this is happening. I platinumed the game in the first week it was released and haven't touched it since, so how are these randoms getting my PSN and why are they contacting me? It's just such a bizarre thing, especially since I've never once had the urge to contact someone at random. It's been about a dozen people so far, the most recent one being just before posting this thread, asking "Hey how r u?" That's it, nothing more. It also seems to be people with ONLY the online trophies, that's one of the weirdest things.

I'm sure it's just something as simple as people looking at trophy lists and perhaps wanting to play with someone that has the platinum, but this hasn't happened for any other game, so what makes this the game for it to happen?

another likely way is if you post on other topics or forums is many times people will do a profile check or if you've got a trophy card they'll take a look at what you've got. If you've got a game they're working on then they will likely send you a message or three. I platinumed Brutal Legend and since I'm a semi-regular posting around here I got a message about a year later asking for help boosting it.