Xbox Infinity to Launch in Late 2012 (Microsoft's Next Console)

dmmx32

Xbox Infinity is the name of Microsoft’s next Xbox console. This has been confirmed to me, Michael Zoran (the one who is officially breaking this story), by several of my inside sources in the videogame industry. Last week I promised I would reveal the name of Microsoft’s next console on Thanksgiving – November, 24, 2011. I am pleased to report I have lived up to that promise and I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the subject.

Last week I left my loyal readers with fact-based clues that would help reveal the name of the next Xbox. I will describe the clues I left and how they relate to the Xbox Infinity one at a time.

* Xbox Loop is the name of the “target” development kits that Microsoft has sent to third-party companies such as EA, Ubisoft, and Activision. These development kits are only alpha-stage development kits. In other words, they are not based on actual hardware; however, they are based on the target specifications Microsoft expects the next Xbox to be based on.

* The reason the word “Loop” is an important clue is because the “Loop” represents the sign of “Infinity.” Just take a look at the two “o” characters between the “L” and the “p.” You end up with “oo” – the sign of Infinity.

* Microsoft has entered into contracts to make it so Comcast technology will play a larger role on Xbox Live. Take a look at what Comcast is in the process of marketing right now and what their long-term marketing plan talks about more than anything else. Comcast is focused on “Xfinity.” This focus on the letter “X” isn’t a coincidence! Microsoft, Kinect, Xbox Live, and the Xbox Infinity will all be working together in special ways with Comcast technology.

Like I said in the article I wrote last week, I have met several reliable people in the videogame industry over the last six years. Using screen names of mike_mgoblue, Kim_Naroz (Mike Zoran spelled backwards), Salarian_Scientist, Salarian_Chemist, John_Gamer, Thomas_Brooks, femaletuffy, PatTuffy, Krogan Battle Master Urdnot Wrex, Unbiased Technology Professor, and several others, I have actually acquired a very loyal fan base!

I literally have heard people on Xbox Live say things like “Hey, are you Kim Naroz” and “Are you PatTuffy.” And then we talk about how awesome it was that the stupid editors of a certain website didn’t realize it was me, Mike Zoran, the whole time (posting right under their noses), even though I posted using the name of Kim Naroz!

The reason why I’m telling you this is because I recently spoke to an Xbox 360 developer online. He asked me what I thought of the name Xbox Infinity. I told him it was awesome. I said the only thing I could think of that might work out with the same type of effectiveness would be the name “Xbox 365.” The name Xbox 365 would still “1up” the PS4, since it keeps the Xbox 360 brand going and ends with the number five. Also, the name Xbox 365 would be in agreement with the Office 365 software programs Microsoft is using online.

Let me know what you think by writing a comment below. Xbox Infinity is scheduled to be released in late 2012 in North America. The European launch is not scheduled until the spring of 2013.

I’d like to know what you think. Do you like the name Xbox Infinity? It’s a nice holiday weekend to share your thoughts. Don’t forget to make sure and watch the online preview of the new Mission Impossible movie on Xbox Live. If you watch that preview, it gives you the ability to unlock special features in Gears of War 3 if you beat the Campaign mode on Insane difficulty by Christmas. Today is an excellent day to celebrate valuable names and the quality of the code – some of which may be right under your nose without you knowing it!

Xbox Infinity to Launch in Late 2012 - Videogame News

Thanks for sharing. It's not actually a bad name for a console, I prefer it much more than "Xbox 720" as it just sounds stupid. I look forward to seeing the next generation consoles from both Microsoft and Sony, but I still feel the current models have at least, a good few more years in them.

Interesting. I am pretty surprised that its 2012, I honestly thought 2013 earliest. Pretty exciting that the new wave are on the go but I do agree with Glenn that they still have some juice left in them. Like others have said, its a lot better than Xbox 720 but what with the new title, it'll be a bit ironic when the console after that is released.

Edited by fletchar2

I probaly wont get this but it sounds cool none the less.

I agree with MJC, i to didnt see anything that 'confirms' it.

The article itself seems a little sketchy too. I just find it a little strange that with this so called 'announcement' of the next huge gaming console that no major news sites knew about it, Microsoft never said anything, and this random guy with a little under 400 followers has the inside scoop.

The article itself seems a little sketchy too. I just find it a little strange that with this so called 'announcement' of the next huge gaming console that no major news sites knew about it, Microsoft never said anything, and this random guy with a little under 400 followers has the inside scoop.

This random guy with a little under 400 followers who spends half the article talking about how many different names he's written under and how many friends he has in the industry. Sounds like he's trying too hard to convince you that he's just not making shit up.

• 3 weeks later...

I call BS. I'm assuming he wrote the article & title? Yeah i highly doubt microsoft is going to launch a console at the end of the year. maybe announce the console but launch no. For some reason when i read the information that "confirms" this i thought of the people who try to prove conspiracy theories. COMCAST>XFINTY>INFINITY REPLACE THE X WITH A I ,THE SIGNS ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.:p

I still hoping that at the E3 reveal this year that it's announced for a 2013 release. As someone who picks up every console there is really no justification for releasing a new console this year unless they really think they need to compete with Nintendo's new box. Simply put, if the Infinity or whatever it's going to be called does get slated for 2012, I will not early adopt and instead wait for the price drops in 2013.

No matter when it comes out you can still ignore it and play on the PS3. I don't expect the PS4 to catch on rapidly until it's released for 1 or 2 years.

The next PS will likley be in the same window, and yes i will move on IF there is reason enough to. If you recall M$ flat out killed the original xbox upon release of the 360, however they did not have anywhere near as large of an installed base. Time will tell just like everthing else.