Dash Circuit w/ Patch Question

yewjhin

It's been a long time since I stopped playing 3DDH and I've recently resumed playing again.

I've downloaded the 1.01 patch which says the Dash Circuit times have been reduced by 5 seconds.

On my save file, I originally had 19.02 seconds on the Block Circuit, and 64.52 on the Monaco Circuit. Do I have to re-record another run under 25seconds/65 seconds to get the Wing Sword?

I redid the first one because the previous time of 19.02 was done pre-patch, for the second circuit, my previous time of 64.52 was also done pre-patch. Even though both times are below the new requirement of the patch, you don't get the Wing Sword until you beat the new time requirements again.

Gonna start the game soon. I got from aus so it should be EU but wen i started it on another account it didnt have the (eu) after the name. The case is also different to normal au games so it looks like i got a preowned game that someone got from the US. Im lucky! Anyway im just hoping these wont be too much for me.

O just looked at the cover and it says something abiut distribution in the US and the cover is in half english half french so im guessing its a US copy :)

Edited by LukeyCow

I redid the first one because the previous time of 19.02 was done pre-patch, for the second circuit, my previous time of 64.52 was also done pre-patch. Even though both times are below the new requirement of the patch, you don't get the Wing Sword until you beat the new time requirements again.

I thought the old requirement for Block Circuit was under 20 seconds, and the patch moved it to under 25 seconds.

I thought the old requirement for Block Circuit was under 20 seconds, and the patch moved it to under 25 seconds.

Yeah, I know.

On Pre-Patch, my best time on Monaco Circuit was 64 seconds. You needed to beat 60 seconds to get the Wing Sword (provided you beat 20 seconds on Block Circuit).

On Post-Patch, both my pre-patch best times are under 25 seconds/65 seconds, but the game doesn't just give you the Wyrm Sword when you talk to the NPC, you need to beat the times again for the system data to register to be awarded the Wing Sword, albeit the requirements have been relaxed.

Edited by yewjhin

Oh, okay. That is weird. Silly game. At least Block Circuit is the easy one.

Ah-h-h-h. Gotcha. That IS really weird. Maybe the patch resets whether you've successfully completed a circuit?

I think what the patch does is "Screw all your previous times. You haven't beaten my bigger brother? Well I don't care if your current times are better than my little brother, you gotta beat him again."