Bomb challenges. Need a bit of help.

I've almost completed the bomb challenges, but I have some trouble with the last one, the "Use every bomb effect at least twice 0/1" challenge.

Is there any special criteria, ie. bomb needs to be targeted on enemies etc? I tried to get it by just standing next to a crafting station, crafting two of each effect, exiting, throwing them, repeating for the next effect and so on. I have used all these effect ingredients:

Caltrop

Lamb’s Blood

Shrapnel

Salt of Petra

Phosphorous

Datura

Coal Dust

Skunk Oil

Sulfur

Pyrite Coins

Well, the challenge didn't unlock. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Is there any special effect that is only available later on in the story mode that I'm not aware of (I'm on the beginning of sequence 4)? Any special criteria you guys/gals know of? Any help would be much appreciated.

I had made the same topic and it appears this challenge is buggy. Just keep on using them all now and then, you'll eventually get it.

So it's glitched, you say? That's a shame. Sorry about not seeing your similar post btw.

But what you're saying is that I should just keep on trying. Will do, sir!

The bombs don't need to be used on any one, just thrown, as I completed the challenge throwing bombs against a wall.

Did you try using each gunpowder? It may count as an effect because each powder makes a small, medium and large blast radius. So I'd recommend trying to two Indian, two Arabic and two British gunpowder bombs with any components you want.

You should consider the Piri Ries bomb missions. During his missions you'll use pretty much everything at least twice, all effects twice, I believe all gunpowders twice, all shells twice, the only thing I don't believe you'll be given are blood, stink and the fake gold coin bombs. I'd already tested the gold coin bombs, so I just had to use blood and stink bombs to complete my challenges.

The bombs don't need to be used on any one, just thrown, as I completed the challenge throwing bombs against a wall.

Did you try using each gunpowder? It may count as an effect because each powder makes a small, medium and large blast radius. So I'd recommend trying to two Indian, two Arabic and two British gunpowder bombs with any components you want.

You should consider the Piri Ries bomb missions. During his missions you'll use pretty much everything at least twice, all effects twice, I believe all gunpowders twice, all shells twice, the only thing I don't believe you'll be given are blood, stink and the fake gold coin bombs. I'd already tested the gold coin bombs, so I just had to use blood and stink bombs to complete my challenges.

Thanks for the input. I've allready completed all Piri Ries missions, though. I haven't used all three different gunpowders, allthough that should probably not be nescessary (at least I would think). If all else fail, I might have to try it out.

A little update: I got myself the last bomb challenge yesterday. Went through all effects systematically (again), even all the effects I knew I had previously used. It popped up some seconds after the last bomb was thrown. I think that the game, somehow, hadn't registered the bombs I used in my last session. Restarting the session seems to have done the trick.