Would it be wrong?

Thynis

This post is more of a question for the mods right now. Would it be wrong or against any rules to start a post listing the quitters that we've come across while we've been playing? I know that sometimes people really do get disconnected, but I was thinking that if a person is on the list and this happened to them then you and that person could set up a rematch with the winner being announced here if necessary. I'm just tired of the quitters and sore losers and wouldn't mind calling some of them out. I should be at least 35-4 instead of the 27-4 that I am.

Oh, and I know that it really doesn't accomplish anything, but I'd still like to do it LOL. It was just a thought that popped in my head after 2 people in a row quit on me. And I don't fight dirty or cheese!! Please don't think I'm one of those people that spam high kicks, etc.

calling people out will do nothing good and possibly start a flame war... probably be good to keep these forums on-topic, which is anything about trophies.

quitting is no worse than boosting.

And that's why I asked. I'm a very nice person to play against, I'll be the first to congratulate you when you beat me. Just tired of people quitting. I just wish everyone else was the same.

This game has been one of the most frustrating online experiences I've ever had, either because of lag, or quitters, or people spamming superman punches, or whatever, but I don't see the benefit in calling out people who quit on you. Just wait for THQ to release a patch, and if it's that unbearable, just play offline or boost.

This game has been one of the most frustrating online experiences I've ever had, either because of lag, or quitters, or people spamming superman punches, or whatever, but I don't see the benefit in calling out people who quit on you. Just wait for THQ to release a patch, and if it's that unbearable, just play offline or boost.

see, that's my point. boosters are just as worthless as all of those other types you mentioned. it's cheating.

the difference between boosting and quitting is that boosting doesn't affect anyone except for the two people boosting. Quitting screws people over.

spot on....boosting is like an agreement between 2 people to get something done, quitting helps no one, all it does is prove your scared to take a loss.

spot on....boosting is like an agreement between 2 people to get something done, quitting helps no one, all it does is prove your scared to take a loss.

Some boosting could be viewed as cheating depending in the situation and how they are doing it. I've never had a problem with it. People quitting a match that effects my rankings and how many wins I have is pretty shifty. It's just a game and all, but I still try my best to play etiquetly and do my bed overall! THQ Just needs to patch it.

I'm not here to argue, I am here to read you guys' helpful tips on completing trophies --- so don't take this the wrong way.

Boosting is just as bad as any of the others because it DOES screw people over... anybody who plays the game basically. The top 100 leaderboards... everyone of them is a booster. So for the "real" top player gets no recognition. This is not just a UFC 09 problem, every game i've ever played had boosted leaderboards. My main game is COD5 and theres probably not anybody in the top 1000 thats not a booster.

It's frustrating as a gamer to not know in actuality how I stand against the rest of the gaming world. On the flip-side, I believe whatever floats your boat is your business, not mine. Glitching, boosting, PS quitting, backing out, lagging --- to each his own.

[/rant]

I'm not here to argue, I am here to read you guys' helpful tips on completing trophies --- so don't take this the wrong way.

Boosting is just as bad as any of the others because it DOES screw people over... anybody who plays the game basically. The top 100 leaderboards... everyone of them is a booster. So for the "real" top player gets no recognition. This is not just a UFC 09 problem, every game i've ever played had boosted leaderboards. My main game is COD5 and theres probably not anybody in the top 1000 thats not a booster.

It's frustrating as a gamer to not know in actuality how I stand against the rest of the gaming world. On the flip-side, I believe whatever floats your boat is your business, not mine. Glitching, boosting, PS quitting, backing out, lagging --- to each his own.

[/rant]

You're absolutely right in that regard. Every leaderboard is inaccurate as a result of boosting, which sucks. The problem is that a lot of people aren't interested in leaderboards, and just want to be able to 100% a game. They can't do this if people want to quit games. I understand what you're saying, and I'm in no way arguing with you, but seeing as how we're both on a trophy site, the goal is to get trophies, and I'm not going to spend months and months trying to rack up 100 wins in this game if people are able to quit post-fight and have it not count, so i'll be boosting for the rest of the time, and my name will never be in the top 100.

They shud just make it a loss for the person who quits, but if its genuine DC then make that doesnt count.

Thing is that with every fighting game I played that has online (Tekken 5 DRO / Soul Calibur 4 / UFC) the online always lags.. I dont think theres a solution since its direct connection unless both parties have super connections. Well in Australia/New Zealand we dont have super connections for cheap... But I see that in places like Korea and Japan they shudnt have a problem.

my thoughts exactly. i am not touching the online until its fixed. i have the game on rent at the moment and the only thing stopping me buying it is the online. so THQ patch the game and you have a guaranteed sale from me

yeh well the smackdown vs raw online was crap, so it may just be a thq problem.

well if we are being technical the blame is with Yukes the developer. THQ just publish this and WWE games. Yukes are responsible for programming the game and the online.

Edited by Lemegeton300

Boosting is clearly the way for this game...

The online is a mess...

It lags all the time and everytime you go to do something by the time the lag has finished the other guy has a lock on you...

Also these damn quitters the matches were you whup someones ass the dudes just quit impossible and time consuming to get fans and wins...

So boost boost and boost some more to get the platinum for this game...

calling people out will do nothing good and possibly start a flame war... probably be good to keep these forums on-topic, which is anything about trophies.

quitting is no worse than boosting.

Amen to that :p

God Damn People Still Quitting...and this time it was a level 51 person, someone who should be used to having a loss or 2 cause they had a few on their record....maybe ts cause i was 20 levels lower than him on 31....suck it up you douchebags

I've actually sent thank you messages to people who actually take a loss letting them know I appreciat it and that it was a good fight. It's really sad that I have to do somethig like that, but I have been. The night before last my ranked record for the night was 14-4, but with the quitters it was technically 3-4. So sad!

I've actually sent thank you messages to people who actually take a loss letting them know I appreciat it and that it was a good fight. It's really sad that I have to do somethig like that, but I have been. The night before last my ranked record for the night was 14-4, but with the quitters it was technically 3-4. So sad!

I've thought of doing the same thing but i can never remember the names of the people im fighting...but to anyone who hasnt quit while im playing a big thanks....i've only ever gotten out of a fight once cause my connection went gay and i wanted to apologise to the guy i accidently screwed over.

I've thought of doing the same thing but i can never remember the names of the people im fighting...but to anyone who hasnt quit while im playing a big thanks....i've only ever gotten out of a fight once cause my connection went gay and i wanted to apologise to the guy i accidently screwed over.

You have a "Players Met" file on your PS3 in the same column as your messeges and friends that saves the info on the people you have recently played and exactly when.

You can even send the bastard a messege letting them know how much of a bitch move it is when they pull the plug.

You have a "Players Met" file on your PS3 in the same column as your messeges and friends that saves the info on the people you have recently played and exactly when.

You can even send the bastard a messege letting them know how much of a bitch move it is when they pull the plug.

yes yes thanks lol i remembered this like 1 hour after i posted....and was like DER thats how.

You gotta be careful you're not educating them on the whole quitting thing, some people simply don't realize they can quit to avoid a loss.