Anyone here like the idea of ME with MP?

billyballs

i mean come on this series and the gameplay is practically built for it. i remember playing through ME2 wondering "why couldnt they let humans control my squadmates?" on about 20 different occasions. not to mention its a completely separate set of events that shepard isnt even a part of...

its basically bioware adding more stuff to the game without sacrificing any of the singleplayer goodness. its the addition of infinite replayability. yea you could play the story 30 times to see different dialogue trees, but this is just more replayability that is completely free if you buy the game new. and you dont have to buy the pass if you buy the game used.

i just dont see how this could be a bad thing. dead space 2 had multiplayer, which was completely optional and that came with a pass. i activated my FREE online pass for purchasing the game new on release day, and to this day i still have not played it, and i didn't miss out on a damn thing in the singleplayer (aka got every penny's worth out of it)

i was just curious if i was the only one who thought this would be a welcome addition to the series...

I'm looking forward to trying it for sure. I'm glad they didn't sacrifice any of the excellent SP campaign experience to add it but rather made it it's own individual experience that can really only add to the game's overall greatness but has relatively no potential in taking anything away from it. Already have it on pre-order just as I've had Skyrim pre-ordered since January.

Alright, bad choice of words on my part.

Everything I've read about this makes it sound like a glorified Gears Of War style Horde mode i.e you and a friend versus endless waves of enemies for hours on end. I don't know about anyone else but the idea of fighting wave after wave of enemies sounds very dull.

Alright, bad choice of words on my part.

Everything I've read about this makes it sound like a glorified Gears Of War style Horde mode i.e you and a friend versus endless waves of enemies for hours on end. I don't know about anyone else but the idea of fighting wave after wave of enemies sounds very dull.

That is all that Bioware has shown to the press at this point but lots of people think that there will be more to it but that content was less ready.

I too always felt that ME could use co-op multiplayer, where friends control my squadmates. Heck, I would've welcomed drop-in drop-out co-op in SP too, where those joining in control my squadmates. But I can see where that could be problematic. Everyone wants to play as customized Shepard and there can be only one Shepard. But then, I can't be only one who won't mind playing as Garrus or Liara in someone else's game.

When I played ME2, I was always wondering how much more fun it might be if the other members of your party were controlled by another real person and not the dumb-ass AI they have for characters like Miranda.

However I still prefer SP only and may not even do the MP parts when the game comes out. Depends on how good they make it. :think:

• 5 weeks later...
Whenever money and time are spent creating a multiplayer mode, that's money and time that otherwise would have - but didn't - get spent on the single player mode. So how people can think it doesn't affect the SP...whatever.

Because they brought in a different Bioware studio to work on the multiplayer. Everyone that was supposed to be working on the single player still was. It wasn't really diverting resources from SP to work on MP but rather adding an entire new set of resources.

Whenever money and time are spent creating a multiplayer mode, that's money and time that otherwise would have - but didn't - get spent on the single player mode. So how people can think it doesn't affect the SP...whatever.

Because they brought in a different Bioware studio to work on the multiplayer. Everyone that was supposed to be working on the single player still was. It wasn't really diverting resources from SP to work on MP but rather adding an entire new set of resources.

This is exactly true. People don't realize that Bioware is a massive development company with 7 separate studios at this point. They can throw multiplayer to another one of the studios while the main Edmonton studio works on the single player campaign.