How to get all skills to 100

mKilla09

Well, I saw in the replicated man thread about trying to get 100 on all skills, and I was almost done making this from before so I figured, I'd finish and post it :). If you have any queries or suggestions, post them and I'll add them in.

Now, when trying to get all skills to 100 there is a main rule that you must always remember: ALWAYS remember that there are bobbleheads for each skill which will raise it by 10 and out of 24 skill books (I know there are 25 each but since barter only has 24, Im keeping it all even) you can gain a possible 48 skill points total for each skill IF and ONLY IF you take the comprehension perk which gets each book to give you 2 skill points. Also, you must take the Educated perk, at level 4 for best results, which will grant +3 more skill points every time you advance a level. So, for best results and most effort you have:

1. Educated perk (+3 skill points per new level) - Available at lvl 4

2. Comprehension perk (+2 points per book read) - Available at lvl 4 (take this perk at lvl 5 though)

3. Bobbleheads (+10 points for each corresponding skill)

For example:

Medicine - start out with default 15 + 10 (for bobblehead) + 48 = 73 points

Now just by using what the game gives you to find, you are almost 3/4 done for that skill.

Also, when you tag a certain skill at the beginning of the game after the GOAT test, those 3 selected skills gain a boost of +15 points for those selected skills. So going back to the medicine example:

73 points total without the tag + 15 tag = 88 points.

Now that is crazy :p

Finally, depending on what ever SPECIAL Attributes you selected and their corresponding skills, each corresponding skill will get +2 points for each time that SPECIAL trait was selected.

So, if I put a point on Intelligence, it would raise my medicine, repair, and science by +2 points.

Back to the main example:

88 points + 2 for the SPECIAL trait = 90 skill points.

THAT is 90 skill points without adding in any of your own that you can add at each level :o

NOTE: There is a glitch where you can get unlimited books on Big Guns, so if you plan on using this glitch, DO NOT waste skill points on that skill. Here is a video to explain:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGu7joiJTc8]YouTube - Fallout 3 - Unlimited Big gun´s skill books glitch[/ame]

If there are any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them. :) I hope this helps some of you.

Also, here is a link to an online character builder which may be helpful to some of you if you want to test out other things. http://vault106.com/fallout-3-character-builder

Edited by mKilla09

• 4 weeks later...

I've not really followed any guides to try to get to 100 on all skills but it seems like I'll get that without trying. As long as you read no books before comprehension with all 25 books + bobblehead you can get + 60 in skills from that alone. When I started all my specials were 5 or higher so started on 15. That means you only need to put 25 points into each skill and you've got 20 levels to do that + there are perks when you level that give boosts...

Right now my skills are at 71/41/83/53/82/79/72/80/78/81/92/85/45 and I'm still missing 5 bobbleheads for skills and at least 10 books for each skill. so that will pretty much max out to 100 most skills then I've got 63 skill points left from getting my last 3 levels.