One of The Biggest Disappointment of The Year

The Hell

Ok, when i first started RAGE, it looks awesome, it looks big + awesome graphic. BUT What the they doing 5 years???? :eek:

I completed 100% game on hardest difficulty in 14 hours, its fucking short. In loading screen is tip Talk with everyone there is a lot to do! ehmm.. its some kind of joke? Ok its 14h, it can be awesome still but no.. its same again and again i was so bored :(, its not bad or hard just extremely booring, i give 7/10. Somebody have same feeling?? Or different opinions? Excuse my English.. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, when i first started RAGE, it looks awesome, it looks big + awesome graphic. BUT What the they doing 5 years???? :eek:

I completed 100% game on hardest difficulty in 14 hours, its fucking short. In loading screen is tip Talk with everyone there is a lot to do! ehmm.. its some kind of joke? Ok its 14h, it can be awesome still but no.. its same again and again i was so bored :(, its not bad or hard just extremely booring, i give 7/10. Somebody have same feeling?? Or different opinions? Excuse my English.. ;)

i think that tip was stupid. when theres only like 2 people to talk 2 who aren't part of the story.

but i loved it.

I beat Nightmare to 100% in 12 hours. there looks to be a lot of expansion materials coming out in the next few months, so that might up the replay value a bit.

Source?

Back on topic:

I agree with the OP, this is one of my most disappointing games of the year :(.

If you strip out the mini-games, racing and the RPG stuff then there is a decent enough game to be found in there. I'll take Borderlands or FO3 over this any day.

Nightmare difficulty is a joke, I was expecting it to be really, really hard like all of ids other games are on that setting but I breezed though most of it.

Rage starts out promisingly enough but by the time you reach subway town you've pretty much seen and done everything of interest. If they do a sequel then I hope they have more varied missions and a story that has a proper ending.

Overall I'd give this a 7.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Source?

Back on topic:

I agree with the OP, this is one of my most disappointing games of the year :(.

If you strip out the mini-games, racing and the RPG stuff then there is a decent enough game to be found in there. I'll take borderlands or FO3 over this any day.

Nightmare difficulty is a joke, I was expecting it to be really, really hard like all of ids other games are on that setting but I breezed though most of it.

Rage starts out promisingly enough but by the time you reach subway town you've pretty much seen and done everything of interest. If they do a sequel then I hope they have more varied missions and a story that has a proper ending.

Overall I'd give this a 7.

ID has been stating for quite a while that they're going to be putting out DLC for Rage. When I find a link I'll post it.

you now Terminator FPS is not favorite type of games , i mostly play RPGs and that the part i like about RAGE .

so " If you strip out the mini-games, racing and the RPG stuff " you will end up with one boring game ;)

The negatives: Bit of a short campaign, loading screens (not too many - but enough to piss you off, especially when going through races), nightmare difficulty was way too easy- not a challenge in the least. Missable collectables and some locations repeated for side missions, lack of bosses, and story was also lacking.

The positives: Great looking game, a lot of fun in the gameplay - whether that be the shooting or the driving. Co-op missions are a lot of fun, assortment of mini games are pretty good too. Game overall was fun and enjoyable to play, and together with looking great and attention to detail, with some great characters, not a game to be missed!

So in conclusion, yes it could have been so much more, and probably Rage 2 will be that perhaps. But as it stands as a game, its still very good and well worth getting, and I was happy to have paid full price for it.

you now Terminator FPS is not favorite type of games , i mostly play RPGs and that the part i like about RAGE .

so " If you strip out the mini-games, racing and the RPG stuff " you will end up with one boring game ;)

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree ;). id used to make stripped down, no frills shooters that were fun and got the adrenaline going but with Rage, they bulked out the gameplay with some un-necessary features.

Doom 3 was their last good in-house developed game.

I can't believe what I'm reading! RAGE is one of the best games I've played in a long long time! It looks amazing and sure the loading times are long and it has texture pop-up byt the gameplay, the story and the AI far make up for it. As for completion time, I haven't finished it yet but sadly 14 hours is average for games these days, maybe even longer than average. Just look at how short the likes of COD are etc. and they're extremely repetitive. Great game

I can't believe what I'm reading! RAGE is one of the best games I've played in a long long time! It looks amazing and sure the loading times are long and it has texture pop-up byt the gameplay, the story and the AI far make up for it.

I can agree the gunplay and Ai are certainly above a average compared to other modern shooters but the "story" or lack thereof is awful man. None of the characters (including the guy you are playing) is explained at all. Who is the authority? Why are they so bad? Who are you? Why were you chosen for the ark? None of this is explored at all. For the most part the missions consist of go here, kill these guys, come back, talk to someone else, rinse & repeat. I had fun with the game, did get kinda boring at the end but saying the story makes up for anything in this game is extremely far fetched. There was no story.

I wouldn't say it's my disappointment of the year but it could have been much, MUCH better than it turned out. Overall i'd give it a 7 out of 10

I thought it was a really fun game, but it would have been nice if they expanded and worked on the story abit more, like who are you, who the authority is and why they made mutant weapons, because it really only tells you that it was a rogue jerk from a vau.. a whats it called again in this game.

It does have some intresting NPC's at least, just wish the story was abit deeper and more a part of the game, but if there is going to be any dlc that would be nice, even more so if it worked and pushed the story further. Because the end of the game makes it obvious there can be some or another game.

None of the characters (including the guy you are playing) is explained at all. Who is the authority? Why are they so bad? Who are you? Why were you chosen for the ark? None of this is explored at all.

Ya ok I'll take your point. I don't mind it so much right now because I'm just using my imagination to fill in the plot. Maybe some dlc might explain it but we'll have to see. Maybe when I get further into the story it might annoy me more

I have to agree this is one of the biggest disappointment of the year. The graphices were ok, not awesome like everyone thinks. The story was somewhat ok, also someone said the gunplay and Ai are certainly above a average compared to other modern shooters. I have to disagree, the AI were like the AI im homefront. Slow, retarded and confused. I had the game for literally 4 days before i took it back and i only played it for less then a hour. They really need to try harder on Rage 2 to be less like fallout and more like its own game.

Personally, I loved it. It felt exactly like what I thought it would... a lil' bit of Borderlands, a lil' bit of Fallout. Borderlands is great in the gameplay department, but there's no story... whereas Fallout has a rich world, but the gameplay sucks.

RAGE is a great balance of the two with its tight controls, which makes for fun gameplay, plenty to do to break up the overall action of just shooting, all when you choose to do so, in a very well realized, and believable world, that's beautiful to look at and fun to explore, all populated by a very crazy, diverse and, again, believable cast of characters.

Based upon all that, the game is a high tier title. And, if you finished it in just a little over a dozen hours and feel the need to whine about it, that's on you. I'm 16 hours in and far from done exploring this amazing game.

Pretty sure if it had a deathmatch and traditional (see: CoD cookie cutter online) people would give it a second look... otherwise, its just one of those great single player experiences with some unique co-op and competitive thrown in for good measure, that's good through and through.

Unlike CoD which is multiplayer with single player tacked on, or Battlefield where 2/3rds of the game sucks, single player and co-op, and the last third is bug ridden and boring, multiplayer.

Sorry I can't see this game like you at all, the gameplay sucks ass, drive here, drive back, kill some mutants, repeat. You can't even jump over obstacles it's so glitchy, the combat is annoying and repetitive. The game encourages you to use the shotgun as it's the only weapon that doesn't frustrate the hell out of you trying to kill mutants jumping all over the place.

The game seems to kill your hard drive, every time you change direction your HDD light is solid while it loads up textures, which always pop up out of nowhere and should have been patched, how did the game get released with that? It's even worse on PC apparently.

Sorry I like certain aspect of the game and I like the races and driving around in general, but I prefer Borderlands over this.

after finishing the game i can agree with that the story is a bit disappointing , and after getting the Dynamite Bolts every thing was easy to kill in nightmare , but used the shotgun to kill little mutants , but i have to say that i like the watseland legends :)