Yes!!!

shepzki

Hey guys, so I bought RE4 HD on release day on PSN for the huge amount of £6, had this game before on PS2 and loved it. Problem was, on PS2 I attained everything through cheating, not satisfying at all but I am not that great at the game.

Anyway, when I got this version obviously there is no cheating so I decided to try that bit harder to unlock stuff. My first big achievement, believe it or not was to complete the game on normal, yes I know that's pretty sad. Was well chuffed, then I beat Separate Ways & Assignment Ada, again very pleased as I could not do that before.

Now, got my biggest achievement thus far. I was always fairly rubbish at the mercs sub-game so have been plugging away at that for the last few days. Just a few minutes ago I managed to 5-star leon's water world mission, the last one I had to do and I got the hand cannon now. Took me a few tries on that last one, damn chainsaw guys, I would kill one then the other would cut my head off. :( Persistence paid off eventually, took about 30 minutes just for that last one.

Now my last challenge, beat the game on pro. Will be on YT a lot I think, especially for the Krauser fight. :(

Sorry for babbling on, I know most of you guys seem to find the game pretty easy so am just congratulating myself I guess. :applause:

Good for you!

I did everything back on the PS2 but I've still had fun doing it again. Except the bottlecaps. I don't think I did that back then. It's a little challenging for me.

Strangely, I find the bottlecaps pretty easy to do and it helped doing them because of the payout. Not looking forward to pro run, but am sure if I take it slow and don't do anything dumb that last trophy will be mine. :)

there is a great guide for pro run at gamefaqs. I will use it, but first I beat easy and normal mode. I do easy first to get the armor costume for normal as Ashely really pisses me off...

btw. I don't know but maybe this trick from PS2 works on HD version, too?

You can get max. Health at the first El Gigante fight using the yellow herb there. Just take it, mix it and use it. Then get killed, you will start from checkpoint but the health will be increased from using the herb. Repeat until you have full health on Leon. This should make pro a little easier as you might sustain an additional hit early on.

I only read it on the net, so can't confirm it. But I will also try it on the village as you can get a yellow herb there too. Hopefully it works. I am not too bad at this game but most of the time I forget to evade so extra health is always welcome :)

You can get max. Health at the first El Gigante fight using the yellow herb there. Just take it, mix it and use it. Then get killed, you will start from checkpoint but the health will be increased from using the herb. Repeat until you have full health on Leon. This should make pro a little easier as you might sustain an additional hit early on.

I only read it on the net, so can't confirm it. But I will also try it on the village as you can get a yellow herb there too. Hopefully it works. I am not too bad at this game but most of the time I forget to evade so extra health is always welcome :)

That yellow herb trick is fake. I tried it out myself a while back after seeing it all over the net, but it's just a false rumour someone spread everywhere and managed to get posted on almost all cheat websites.

• 2 weeks later...

Professional is just like any other difficulty except you take more damage per hit. I remember back in the PS2 days of this game, I just memorized every spot where an enemy lands and hanged back. I wish they could have added a dodge or side step to make it more real cause I mean really you don't just stand when someone swings an axe at you. Plus an aim + strafe would be nice. Hopefully they'll think about this when ever RE 6 comes along.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/433/X2AStrikeFreedom.png