Microsoft Unveils Gears Of War 3 Season Pass

Khriz360

Gears of War 3 drops Sept. 20, but Microsoft and Epic Games want you to think even further ahead. The game will have a variety of post-release DLC, and players who purchase the game's newly announced Season Pass will get access to the first four add-ons as well as an exclusive Liquid Metal weapons set.

The Season Pass will set you back 2,400 Microsoft, or about $30, saving players who buy it 33 percent over the cost of buying each DLC pack individually. The pass will be available the day the game launches. There's no word on what the upcoming DLC will include, but Microsoft says the first pack will go live this November.

What do you think? Do you plan on buying the content sight unseen anyway, or would you rather wait to see what you're buying before you commit to this kind of package deal?

http://i53.tinypic.com/xlxs8l.jpg

Microsoft Unveils Gears Of War 3 Season Pass - News - www.GameInformer.com

Rockstar pass ripoff nice, its a smart thing to do though and I imagine many games will follow with this type of pass in the future. It is definitely a good deal if you love the game and know you will purchase all dlc regardless.

Hah, that was exactly what came across my mind, the R* Pass.

But yeag, I'm sure other companies will follow suit and offer something similar with their games eventually. Capcom? :whistle:

Rockstar pass ripoff nice, its a smart thing to do though and I imagine many games will follow with this type of pass in the future. It is definitely a good deal if you love the game and know you will purchase all dlc regardless.
Piss poor Rockstar pass ripoff though. Thirty dollars?! I just paid $60 for the game you nutters. Plus you need to be far more clear about what the content is before I put that kind of money down.

But yeag, I'm sure other companies will follow suit and offer something similar with their games eventually. Capcom? :whistle:
Capcom has to actually release something new first instead of canceling everything new or rereleasing old games with some tweaks that should have been delivered via patch or other minor additions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also hoping other companies follow suit *ahem, Rocksteady*, as I think having a Season Pass option is a great idea.

In an entirely unrelated note, the guy in the image looks strikingly like my dad (with giant muscles).