Marathon Session

MMDE

Marathon Session

This trophy just doesn't seem to unlock! >:(

I've got every other trophy, and I've always ran a lot of extra in each level.

I've won about 250 mini games! :\

Now have I been running around in circles in Super Mudball for over a hour! WTF! >_<

This is getting really tiresome!

Anyone reading this, I recommend running a lot at every occasion you got through the game, so you don't have to grind for it at the end like I apparently have to. I heard in total one needs to run around in circles for 3 and a half hours to unlock the trophy, hopefully I'm there soon!

The random questions you had to answer all correct on was quite annoying as well. Some questions just never turned up!

EDIT:

I got it 15 mins later! xD

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
this was the last one for me to, i set it to 4 human players on dodge ball and run for over an hour after everything else and it finally popped. i kept falling asleep too it was so monotonous. oh well, it's done now.

You could have been watching TV meanwhile, or something on youtube. It's a simple movement you get easily used to doing, and you don't need to watch the screen to do it. Can't remember if you could turn off the music and effects etc in the game, but if you can do that, turn it off and turn up the volume on your TV, and you will hear it when it pops.

• 4 weeks later...
thanks for the tip dodge ball... I gonne try it.

If you are running,, you must have the shoe (for speed)? Or does the miles also count without shoe

I don't think you need the shoe. Doesn't it say something in the trophy guide about it? I think it would say it if you need the shoe, but I also think with the shoe you run faster...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It took me lot s of time to unlock too. But after all it did unlock. I played the story like 3 times. Then did all the party games on easy twice, plus all on hard once, then I think I did the gala for about 20 times. And after I decided to do this trick with the controller running into a wall and after 1h 15 min it unlocked.

• 3 weeks later...

What an annoying trophy!

After finishing with everything else and having 200-210 games played in total I unlocked it in Super Mudball with 4 controllers after 4 hours.

The first 3 hours I did it with rubber band and the last one I did it manually myself, where it finally unlocked. I think the rubber band trick helps a little but you need to spend much more time to unlock it this way than doing it yourself.

Anyhow I am glad I finished with this stupid trophy.

By the way a similar stupid trophy was in Darksiders were you had to spent 100 miles riding a horse, when in total walkthrough you didn't use the horse more than 10-15 miles. And again that game was from THQ!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate this trophy!

I played the game and have run a lot. I did 2 hours yesterday and started falling asleep whilst playing, because it was boring. I have also left it for 3 hours running against a wall and still nothing.

Why have a trophy that makes you run around for hours on end being bored. I know you could play the minigames, but it's pretty stupid.

• 8 months later...

Having done this very recently, I can give a good estimate here.

Assuming you dash through the game and manipulate the 4-Controllers Method, and assuming you finish off your 200 wins with a fash finisher (like Waterbomb), then after finishing all other trophies, you'll need to run around for at least another 2 straight hours.

From the reports I've heard of people taking 4-6 hours with the rubberband, I can only assume that rubber-band wall running doesn't rack up the miles as fast as pure running (and getting speed boosts). Still... those two straight hours of literally running in circles on the mud-fight level... that was one of the most boring grinds I've ever experienced. Not the longest or most painful, but definitely the most boring.

Get out your various media players... you're going to need a distraction.

• 2 months later...