Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends

This was confirmed a while ago but just recently has been confirmed for a western release. Here's whats known so far.

New Characters

Guo Jia

Cao Cao's advisor. Was deemed as a genius strategist, however he died young shortly after the Guandu campaign. Cao Cao lamented wishing he was still alive after the defeat at Chi Bi.

Main Weapon: Batting Stick

Wang Yi

A lady who actually fought in history. She fought against a rampaging Ma Chao after the latter suffered defeat at Tong Gate.

Main Weapon: Sai

HE'S BACK :dance:

Pang De

Main Weapon: Twin Halberds

New Weapons

These include new weapon types for the new characters, as well as for decloning some characters

•打球棍 Batting Stick - looks like billiard stick with its ball (Guo Jia's EX)

Normal attacks swing the stick to hit enemies. The ball can be placed on the ground and be used to damage enemies further

•朴刀 Scimitar (New decloned EX weapon for Xiahou Dun)

Variable attack can be launched even when being hit

•筆架又 Giant Fork/Sai (originally planned to be DLC -> Wang Yi's EX)

Able to guard from enemy attacks even when attacking

•龍槍 Dragon Spear (New decloned EX weapon for Zhao Yun)

Excels in combo hits; enemies can be easily juggled for more combo

Charge attacks can also be canceled to C1 sweep

偃月刀 Crescent Blade (Decloned EX weapon for Guan Yu) *NEW*

Executing C1 will imbue normal attacks with fire element temporarily

双矛 Double Pike (Decloned EX weapon for Zhang Fei) *NEW*

C1 can blow away many enemies

Treasure Weapons

•Very powerful weapons that are obtainable in Legend mode; they have high attack power and lots of slots

•Requirements for getting them can be checked inside the stage descriptions

•Example: The treasure weapon for Crescent Halberd, 剛覇方天戟, can be gotten by playing Lu Bu's scenario in Chaos difficulty, then defeating Zhang Fei and other generals before Liu Bei retreats

■There are over 80 treasure weapons available to unlock *NEW*

Residence Castle

•Legend Mode has a residence castle which acts as a hub for the mode and also reflects the player's progress status

•The player can walk around the castle just like the base camps and cities in DW7's Story and Chronicle modes

•By clearing more stages, the castle will be developed further, adding more buildings and people around it

•The currently selected playable character will act as the viceroy of the castle

•Another character can be selected as the adjutant, which will manage the residence castle. The castle's atmosphere will gradually change depending on the newly selected adjutant

•The adjutant also has other perks depending on the character chosen, such as making prices cheaper or giving out items

•The viceroy (player character) and adjutant can be changed anytime

•Access to battles is done by speaking to the city official inside the castle

New Modes

Legend Mode

•There are two kinds of stages in this new mode: Hero Scenario and Legend Scenario

•英 傑伝シナリオ Hero Scenario that shows story which focused on the characters rather than kingdoms. Specific focus will also be placed on the new characters

Hero Scenario also has the Seamless event-to-play transition that was present in DW7's Story Mode

•レジェンドシナリオ Legend Scenario allows players to play past stage maps that had been remade for this game

(speculation: the likes of DW3 He Fei Castle perhaps?)

•Player has a residence castle which reflects their status. By clearing more stages, the castle will be developed further

•A character can be selected as the adjutant, which will give support while progressing through the game (Speculation: probably something like menu advices).

•The castle's atmosphere will also change depending on the adjutant chosen

•Clearing stages with certain conditions (such as hard difficulties) will yield special powerful weapons

•When the residence castle has been vastly developed, a special event battle may take place, which if cleared will lead to the ending

•Some treasure weapons will be also available to unlock only after getting this ending

レジェンドシナリオ Legend Scenario allows players to play past stage maps that had been remade for this game

Confirmed past stages so far: *NEW*

DW3 - Fan Castle

DW5 - Wu Territory

DW5 - Guan Yu's 1000-li Escape

DW5 - Mt. Dingjun

Challenge Mode

There are 4 types of challenges here. 2 of them have been confirmed as of current

•彗星 Comet: Defeat enemy by blasting them outside the area

•暴風 Windstorm: Defeat as many people as possible within a time limit

■迅雷 Thunderclap: Reach the goal as quickly as possible *NEW*

■百花 Gathering: Defeat generals that keep entering the arena *NEW*

Online ranking will also be available

2-player tag mode is also available here; The scores will be combined and they have a different ranking table from the single-player one *NEW*

New Gameplay Features

New Actions

These are new max weapon proficiency abilities like the air dash and whirlwind that the weapons in DW7 currently have.

■無影脚 'shadowless feet' - Attacking while moving at high speed

Press Square while executing charge attack to cancel into a follow-up tackle

■転身 'turnover' - Evasive maneuvers when being attacked

Probably done by pressing a button while being attacked (Cross?)

Unable to do this move though if the character is juggled

General Rank

•As characters grow up in strength, they will also improve their general ranks

•Increment on general rank will bestow things from special ability to additional equipment on the character's costume

•Military books can be bought to instantly power up characters. So players can use their most powerful characters to farm the money and then power up other characters with that

In order to get general rank promotions, specific objectives will have to be done, which gets gradually harder as the player advances to higher ranks *NEW*

Mixjoy

•Mixjoy is done by swapping with the DW7 disc back and forth. As with all previous XLs, Mixjoy needs to be done every time the game is restarted

•Mixjoy is required in order to play Story and Chronicle modes

•Story and Chronicle mode will be playable using any characters and co-op

•Of course, DW7XL's new elements will be reflected in the DW7 content (such as Guo Jia getting unique)

•Additional character conversations are also confirmed to be added in Chronicle mode

•The amount of money acquired, Weapons that are acquirable etc. will be adjusted based on the currently selected difficulty level

Tactic Scrolls*NEW*

Tactic scrolls can be bought to instantly power up characters. So players can use their most powerful characters to farm the money and then power up other characters by using the money to buy tactic scrolls

It seems that there are not only scrolls that increase the basic stats (Health, Attack, Defense), but there are also ones that gives instant deeds, and even increase stats that determine weapon proficiencies (Power & Speed) as well

Others

•There is no Edit Mode (aka Create-A-Warrior)

•There are no Opening & Ending Edits here either

•EX weapons are not to be changed by the DLC weapons

•Online co-op will be also available in Legend Mode and the now co-opable Story Mode

•Progress made from the DW7 save data can be imported to XL. Details on this are coming later

•XL will have its own trophy set from the main DW7 game

•XL's trophy set can be completed by itself without having to Mixjoy with DW7

•XL will not have its own DLC. However, the DLC for DW7 are also usable in XL. Some of the DLC are also only accessible through Mixjoy (probably like stages)

•New characters will also have original costumes. It is unknown though whether their costumes will be added by getting the respective kingdom's costume set or if there will be a brand-new DLC pack dedicated for them

Character stats and skills can be reset to starting values *NEW*

A new difficulty level harder than Chaos, 究極 Ultimate, is newly added *NEW*

■New alternate costumes will be also added for DW7+XL new characters and Cai Wenji *NEW*

■Changing costumes will now be reflected on in-game cutscenes as well *NEW*

Its PS3 exclusive and will be released on

(JP) September 29, 11

(NA) November 15, 11

(EU) November 18, 11

All Info from Koei warriors Here's the link

KOEI Warriors - A site for KOEI Information. A community for every Warrior.

And here's Koei warriors DW7XL page (scroll down for screenshots and CG artworks for the new characters)

KOEI Warriors - A site for KOEI Information. A community for every Warrior.

Edited by Wolfbane

Do you know if it's BluRayDisc based or available via PSN?

I gonna hope for a PSN release just because of mixjoy I want to always need to swap disc

I'm pretty sure its disc only. The mixjoy thing is the reason its PS3 exclusive because the 360 isn't able to do it properly so they aren't porting it. Or thats at least what i've heard.

Amazon.com has it at $39.99.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Warriors-Xtreme-Legends-Playstation-3/dp/B005DVAB28/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1312604998&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

I've added some new info to the first post but i'll post it here too to make it easier.

New weapons

■偃月刀 Crescent Blade (Decloned EX weapon for Guan Yu)

■蛇矛 Serpent Pike (Decloned EX weapon for Zhang Fei)

New challenge modes

■迅雷 Thunderclap: Reach the goal as quickly as possible

■百花 Gathering: Defeat generals that keep entering the arena

And two player challenge mode confirmed with its own leaderboards.

Also some more info on the new actions.

■無影脚 'shadowless feet' - Attacking while moving at high speed

Press Square while executing charge attack to cancel into a follow-up tackle

■転身 'turnover' - Evasive maneuvers when being attacked

Probably done by pressing a button while being attacked (Cross?)

Unable to do this move though if the character is juggled

Here's a link to koei warriors DW7XL info page

Viewing Single Post From: Dynasty Warriors 7 & XL Information Thread

All info given by BlackKite.

Here's the Japanese Promo video that was released a while ago

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeR2sXgaMLs&feature=player_embedded]Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends Promo Video (JP) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Wolfbane

Ain't to much a fan of the EXTREME LEGENDS compared to other of koeis spin offs.

I think Empires could be great if they make it like rotk:(. or atleast something like a hybrid between rotk and dw. Would be truly amazing. (but i get all the difficulties with consoles doing strategy games like that)

Id also love to see a Kessen 4 also! All of them were amazing and so different, didnt feel like it was being milked at all..

THey were looking for feedback adn have a poll ont here official website fi you liked kessen you should try it out, just google about it and you will swiftly find it.

New Japanese trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zETa-eXcjA&feature=player_embedded]Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends Promo Video #2 (JP) - YouTube[/ame]

It shows musou attacks for the new characters, The new decloned movesets, some new cutscenes and some of XL's new features.

Here's some new info that i'll also add to the first post.

New weapon info

•偃月刀Crescent Blade (Decloned EX weapon for Guan Yu) *NEW*

Executing C1 will imbue normal attacks with fire element temporarily

•双矛Double Pike (Decloned EX weapon for Zhang Fei) *NEW*

C1 can blow away many enemies

•レジェンドシナリオLegend Scenario allows players to play past stage maps that had been remade for this game

Confirmed past stages so far: *NEW*

DW3 - Fan Castle

DW5 - Wu Territory

DW5 - Guan Yu's 1000-li Escape

DW5 - Mt. Dingjun

In order to get general rank promotions, specific objectives will have to be done, which gets gradually harder as the player advances to higher ranks *NEW*

Tactic Scrolls*NEW*

Tactic scrolls can be bought to instantly power up characters. So players can use their most powerful characters to farm the money and then power up other characters by using the money to buy tactic scrolls

It seems that there are not only scrolls that increase the basic stats (Health, Attack, Defense), but there are also ones that gives instant deeds, and even increase stats that determine weapon proficiencies (Power & Speed) as well

Character stats and skills can be reset to starting values *NEW*

A new difficulty level harder than Chaos, 究極Ultimate, is newly added *NEW*

Edited by Wolfbane

Guo Jia should have been in these from the beginning. I don't understand why they took Jia Xu instead for this one (I guess it helps that he served Zhang Xiu).

I don't understand why they keep ignoring Cheng Pu.

They choose Jia Xu because he served Dong Zhuo, Zhang Xiu and Cao Cao, he killed Dian Wei and lived a very long time and died serving Cao Pi while Guo Jia dies shortly after Guan Du.

I don't understand why Cheng Pu isn't playable either maybe its because Huang Gai already has the veteran role in Wu. I think it might be awhile for him to be added as DW8 would probably add late Wu characters like Lu Kang (Lu Xun's son) and Sun Hao (The ruler at the end of Wu)(I think I got those names right :think: ), You could ask the same about Liao Hua he served Shu from start to finish and was a yellow turban.

Edited by Wolfbane

They choose Jia Xu because he served Dong Zhuo, Zhang Xiu and Cao Cao, he killed Dian Wei and lived a very long time and died serving Cao Pi while Guo Jia dies shortly after Guan Du.

I don't understand why Cheng Pu isn't playable either maybe its because Huang Gai already has the veteran role in Wu. I think it might be awhile for him to be added as DW8 would probably add late Wu characters like Lu Kang (Lu Xun's son) and Sun Huan (The ruler at the end of Wu)(I think I got those names right :think: ), You could ask the same about Liao Hua he served Shu from start to finish and was a yellow turban.

Lu Kang should definitely be added if they are looking to the later years of the Three Kingdoms. I was happy to see Zhuge Dan added last time around, although I don't understand his character design (he reminded me of some Nazi or something).

Despite his youthful death, Guo Jia should still be around. He was instrumental in Cao Cao's rise to power. And besides, Sun Ce is a mainstay in these games, but he only lived to the age of 24 or so.

Ah but Sun Ce is the man responsible for laying the foundations for the entire Wu kingdom and he wasn't called 'The Little Conqueror' for nothing.

Anyway New info

■New alternate costumes will be also added for DW7+XL new characters and Cai Wenji *NEW*

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/koeiwarriors/BlackKite/wwwdotuporg2021552.jpg

These are the only ones revealed so far. Ding Feng, Guan Suo and Bao Sanniang

And English trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DJ_E63-k_E]Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends TGS Trailer (HD 720p) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Wolfbane

New info from Famitsu and more new costumes for the new DW7+XL characters.

Lian Shi, Wang Yuanji, Zhong Hui and if you look closely at the bottom left Jia Xu and Cai Wenji

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/koeiwarriors/BlackKite/wwwdotuporg2049592b.jpg

■There are over 80 treasure weapons available to unlock *NEW*

■Changing costumes will now be reflected on in-game cutscenes as well *NEW*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can't wait for DW7: Empires & Hoping for SW3

I'm looking forward to DW7: Empires too though I do have a few concerns about the edit mode when it comes down to the weapon, Ex attacks and musou attacks.

For example if I equip someone with Zhen Ji's flute will the automaticaly get her Ex attack and musou attacks or not. Personally i'd prefer it if there was a selection of unassigned Ex and musou attacks that you could equip your edit officer with so your edit officer can have the same uniqueness the other clones have instead of just copying all the attacks like the other empires games did.

But right now i'm MUCH more excited about Warriors Orochi 3 :dance:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/musou-orochi-z/132380-musou-orochi-2-warriors-orochi-3-announced.html