Damn Sentinel Freefall

Alright, this is really getting on my nerves now but during the Sentinel Freefall part of the game I'm being driven insane by the button bashing section where you have to open his chest.

I'm playing through on Hard mode and this was the most difficult part for me on Normal difficulty too. No matter how hard and fast I hit the O button I always get hit by the lazers.

Any tips would be most welcome as it's really hampering the game for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I just figured out a real easy way to do this.

As soon as u get to the button mashing sequence:

Lay ur controller on a table in front of you (if there is no table, try placing it on the floor but its easier to do on the table.

Now press the controller on the table/floor with ur left hand, so the r2 and l2 buttons get pressed.

Now use ur right index-finger to rapidly press http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9979/circletya.png.

This way it's so much easier than doing it while holding the controller in your hand. It's because you have more strength in ur arm like this.

Trust me I did it both ways. The Holding-The-Controller" Way on Normal, and it gave me spasms in my hand and I started sweating like crazy.

Then I did it my way on Hard. Got it on first try without any further effort. So much easier :D

Took me a solid hour and about 30 tries to beat this. Pissed me off so much the first time I whipped my controller, hit a glass of water and nearly soaked my PS3. Lucky for me the liquid missed. Anyways, the time I actually beat I used my index finger while the controller was placed on a table and had my eyes closed in frustration.

• 1 month later...

okay im really pissed of at this. when i get down to him on the freefall, instead of showing me wolverine pulling this thing off it shows me the inside of the sentiel ? i did try to pull the vent of once using O but now when i cant see the tap O thing it buggers up. when i really mashtha hell out of O it does nothing, but when i mash [] for ages then i come off it does 1 white bar / slash of his health each time and ive been at it 30 mins and his healthhas barely moved.

How can timing be everything if i cant see anything at all ? please reply soon !

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

really? whats with u ppl haha... this part was the EASIEST part of hard mode enemies.. well maybe not easiest haha... but the main sentenial fight was a lot harder imo

i just saw it.. pressed it, not even that hard.. and it ended it... i dont have to put down the controller to mash...

now im on deadpool fight on hard.. tried once so far.. pretty hard.. got to the 2nd round.. but then i dodged the wrong way and he shot the ground and i fell lol... this is gonna take a long time.. but once thats done, ill get the beating it on hard trophy and then platinum... and then i can trade the game in lol

• 2 weeks later...

i been at this for 2hours.. even switch customs -.- thinkin that it was ganna give me a boost

well after researchin it , alot of ppl are having problem with this part.. and it seem that some game disc might be glitch

and i fear mines one of them =/ idk what to do since this a gamefly rentale

Edited by Ggrab

• 5 weeks later...

As soon as u get to the button mashing sequence:

Lay ur controller on a table in front of you (if there is no table, try placing it on the floor but its easier to do on the table.

Now press the controller on the table/floor with ur left hand, so the r2 and l2 buttons get pressed.

Now use ur right index-finger to rapidly press http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9979/circletya.png.

So much easier :D

Ggrab try it this way its easier the games arent glitched its just hard

heres a tip that works godly, u may not understand what i mean...

1) push the button in slightyly

2) tense all your muscles (causes arm to shake lol)

3) may look like u just holding button but youll see how spazzy fast it goes, its a perfect example of what the human body is really capable of ^^

• 1 month later...

I'm not a believer in a part of a game that takes over 4hrs to try to beat. Not too mention the Sentinel's eyes shoot 10secs after the O button displays. I've been threw 5controls cause i've broken the O button.. every little help i've read here failed. Being at level 40 you would think it be easier. but it's ok i heard EB-games would give me a great profit. kinda sucks though. not being able too finish a game you been spending hours too finish. i will never know how the game ends.. Thanx:rolleyes: