Now Accepting Guide Team Applications

Mendel

Things have gotten silly busy around the site lately, and with most of the Guide Team taking on new responsibilities around the site, we're looking to expand our ranks by one. If you're interested, shoot me a PM as soon as possible, letting us know why you'd be a good fit. A few things to consider:

The GT is by no means a glamorous job. The work is steady and tedious, and more often than not, you have to be the bad guy when it comes to editing and rejecting guides. Just something to be aware of.

Immaculate grammar and spelling is a must. You can't be expected to fix other peoples' guides if you cant identify problems yourself.

Finally, we're looking for long term help here, so if you think you're going to get bored of the job or you plan on using this as a stepping stone into a different staff position, please don't apply.

I guess that's it, if you have any questions, fire them off here or PM a GT member.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like GC said its good to know i would love the position but i dont think i would have the time to commit to such a position.

i was wondering when this thread would appear since there has been so many games and its even a bigger hassle with competing guides.

i dont think that there were so many competing guides before so it takes double the work to look at both guides in full detail.

good luck to anybody who takes on the job and the responsibility with it

EDIT: wow im surprised that there is no submissions yet

Edited by StarGate55555

i wud lik to aply do do we get $$ 4 dong teh work????

Ok, that was pretty bad. :p

Good luck to those wanting to take on the task. It's by no means easy and requires some dedication.

Anyone who wants answers can probably find some in the following threads:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/announcements/73597-want-join-guide-team-apply-now.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/announcements/75766-search-next-guide-team-member-continues.html?highlight=Guide+Team

I would like to apply for the job. But I won't be hired because I've never written a guide before. And English isn't my mother tongue, so that's not in my benefit. The only thing I have to contribute is time and the will to help. :dance:

IIRC, some guide team members had written only one, if any, guides before joining the team.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

like GC said its good to know i would love the position but i dont think i would have the time to commit to such a position.

i was wondering when this thread would appear since there has been so many games and its even a bigger hassle with competing guides.

i dont think that there were so many competing guides before so it takes double the work to look at both guides in full detail.

good luck to anybody who takes on the job and the responsibility with it

EDIT: wow im surprised that there is no submissions yet

Well if people are sending a PM to Mendel, you don't know if there are no submissions ;)

How many hours would you say do you spend a week/per day checking guides?

That will vary wildly based on how many guides are submitted during the last couple of weeks and the quality of the submitted guides. If it's been a slow time you might need to do 1 PSN/DLC guide which could be less than an hour. On the other hand in a month like october/november when tons of new games are out it's going to be more than a few hours. There isn't really a set time though.

Edited by lukey52

Well if people are sending a PM to Mendel, you don't know if there are no submissions ;)

That will vary wildly based on how many guides are submitted during the last couple of weeks and the quality of the submitted guides. If it's been a slow time you might need to do 1 PSN/DLC guide which could be less than an hour. On the other hand in a month like october/november when tons of new games are out it's going to be more than a few hours. There isn't really a set time though.

So generally 1-2 hours a day?

So generally 1-2 hours a day?

Around an hour or so but not always every day.

I personally prefer to sit down for 3 or 4 hours at a time rather than do it every day.

Im considering the application, with summer started I know I'll have much more time than I would during school. Closest thing I've written that shows my potential is my Portal 2 Review.

Is there a dead line for the applications?

When we've got enough applications to consider/selected someone.

I'm good at my grammar, have good spelling and I have a good command of the English language. I;m just wondering whether there is an age limit? :think:

Grammar checked

I have good grammar, spelling and command of the English language. I'm just wondering whether there is an age limit? :think:

... sorry i just had to do that :p. but last time i saw a staff application the age limit was 18+

shame because if i had as much spare time as i do now and was over 18 then i would have applied. ... i suppose I'd need more experience writing guides as well though.

Im pretty sure my grammar/spelling could be top notch to the standards of the guide team if i wasn't so lazy lolol. If there's any helpful links that you guys know of to help me improve on said grammar and spelling maybe ill apply next time there's an opening (if there's an opening). As of right now i'm entirely focused on school and lately I've been taking double shift's at the job more for extra cash so there's no time for me to add an extra workload otherwise i love to try and be a member of the guide team.

So with that said good luck to those who do apply, I'm pretty sure I've met just about every member of the guide team through my submission's (except for maybe Rockets) so here's to meeting new people. :p