Unlocking the 'to mortal limits' accessories...

Y'know, those 8-square color-coded items that raise your stats all the way to the (normal) limits? Yeah, those. What do I need to do to unlock them? So far, I've completed the game on Easy, and I'm halfway through Normal - they're still unavailable. Complete on Normal? Complete on Hard? I need to know to formulate an efficient purchasing-strategy. If I can unlock them in Normal, I don't need to buy the less-efficient 4-square stat-boosters at all. If it's unlocked on Hard, I'll need to buy at least a few. If they're unlocked on Expert... well, then I'll need to buy a BUNCH of them. >_> Oh, and the Necklace of Nike? When can you buy that?

Yes, I've heard as much... but keep in mind that there's differences in personal skills. Despite the text of that trophy, I'm really no that good at action-games. :p I'm having enough trouble on my current run-through on Normal, despite a maxed-out grid and a load of items, including all the ones from completing sub-quests on any difficulty...

Mostly, I just don't have very good timing. I rarely manage to get Perfect Timing hits, and the last duel against Hector killed me several times before I got the timing of counter-counter-counters down.

So yeah, I want every advantage I can get before I try to tackle Expert. ~_~

I hear you on that. i am a big Koei game veteran, so this game was a tad easy because I am well versed in their game style. I still had trocuble with the perfect combos too, and several battles took me several reloads to get right.

The Plat requires you to beat every stage on every difficulty at some point. Id say beat in on easy=>normal=>hard=>expert then. You'd have max kleos and advanatges you can going into the last play through, and would not have wasted any time.

Koei games always have 1 advanatge. You can grind away in free modes to buff up your char. in order to beat the story mode. 1 way to help is any battle is too rough.

Dont for get too that when you come to a duel, you can restart from checkpoint , and change your items to be duel specific at that point. This helps a lot with the battles.

True... hey, y'know that trophy for buying all items? Does that mean buying ALL all items, or just one of each? 'cuz if you really do have to buy everything, then there's really no such thing as a wasted purchase... I can fill up on the 4-square stat-uppers without worrying.

Eesh. Well, thanks for the info. Guess I don't have to hold back on the shopping, then. Can you recommend an equipment-set for my Expert-run? It's somewhat hard to balance direct stat-upgrades against the various 'utility' boosters... at the moment, I've mostly got Unique items, with a 4-square booster for swift attack, focused attack and health mixed in. Otherwise, it's stuff like reduced damage from ranged attacks, reduced damage while Fury is maxed, INCREASED damage while Fury is maxed, heal when entering Fury, regenerate Fury and Promised Health from blocking, block from any direction... oh, and all the combo-upgrades for Swift and Focused combos. Dropped the ones for Stun-combos since I realized I never used them.

Oh, and I also have the items for boosted attack/defense in duels, and boosted attack/defense against monsters. I switch 'em out as the situation requires.

Edited by BlackDragon

Well...its kind of like you said earlier, it differs depending on ability. Go with what works for you. As you unlock new items, your strategy will change every chapter as the items you get are sometimes so good, it changes everything.

Persoanlly before expert, I only focus on maxing out quick and strong attacks, then fill rest of slots with life. Maybe add more damage while fury is full. I am an agressive "go after teh bad guy" player, so I focus on ATK. DEF is good if you are a turtle that hangs back and counters a lot. In duels I change my setup and add duel damage or equivilent.

I can see where you're comming from, but the hard question always is "What do I drop?" I can buy several more stat-uppers, but I'll have to drop some items from my grid to do so. Do I throw out the 'resistance to ranged' thing? Maybe the one that regenerates my health and fury when I block? The ability to defend from all directions? Actually, come to think of it, I probably SHOULD drop that one. It takes up a LOAD of space, and I only really got it for Ajax's no-damage-run submission in the first place...

Oh! Incidentally - to get the special items in a mission, do you need to accomplish all of the sub-mission in ONE go? Or can you do it over multiple tries and still unlock it? So, like, you accomplish missions 1 and 2 but fail on 3, then start over, ignore the first two, and just beat 3? If so, that'll make things somewhat easier...