Official Patch News

simpgraus

Hello, tennis players

This post is to confirm that there is a new Patch out for this game. it was release on May 9th, some of you may have missed this new dur to the psn being offline for so long, oh, details time..

General

• Player creator text is now properly displayed on 4:3 TV.
  • Fixed a bug where Control Shot icon does not disappear in cutscene.
  • "Power shot icon" now appears properly in 3D mode.
  • Fixed a bug where user was unable to save player when Top Spin server is down.
  • Coach's skills list is now displaying correct buttons for all skills.
  • Coach info is now properly displayed.
  • Sparring Partner Training test is now displayed properly in Spanish version of the game.
  • Italian description of coaches’ skill has been fixed.
  • Fixed exploit where player was able to unlock trophies when loading user data of different user.
  • Correct message is now displayed when user attempts to load save that was created with different profile.
  • Vera Zvonareva hair and depth of field on racket bug has been fixed.
  • Unlocks are now displayed properly in in-game Recap Screen.
  • Fixed a bug where accepting invite erased Unlocks progress.
  • Directional pad control is now enabled for player movement.
  • "Net points won" statistic is now always calculated correctly.

PlayStation®Move fixes

• PlayStation®Move controller doesn't lose vibrating functionality when assigning to specific port.
  • Specific fixes to ensure PlayStation®Move motion controller is now recognized properly.
  • T button of the motion controller is now displayed when connecting Move controller.

General Online

• Fixed a bug where players were invisible in entering cutscene after rematching online match.
  • Fixed a bug where created player disappeared from Player Select screen after accepting invite from a friend.
  • The user is now able to proceed past the lobby and into gameplay when playing against players from different region.
  • User now gets "Connection lost" message much faster than before if connection to opponent is lost during replay.
  • Fixed a bug where ping icons were not displayed correctly.
  • Fixed an issue when game crashed and erased all save data while accepting invite during loading screen.
  • Fixed a bug where players got “frozen” during online game.
  • Fixed a bug where bad connection or lag caused player movement animation to be interrupted.
  • Fixed a bug where Strict NAT settings would cause users to get stuck in the lobby with the message “Looking for best opponent…”.

World Tour

• User no longer receives "No Opponents were found before the countdown timer ended. Please try again later." when leaving the match lobby before countdown reaches 0.
  • Fixed crash that occurred when entering World Tour from Gender select menu right after forfeiting Sparring Partner Training match.
  • Fixed various game crashes in World Tour Sparring Partner Training.
  • Fixed a bug where user and CPU players were stuck in the net after loading World Tour Sparring Partner Training.
  • Male players are now able to see correct stats of female players in World Tour and vice versa.
  • Entering World Tour no longer causes 2K open rating reset in specific cases.

Player Match

• Player is now able to exit Player match properly after being invited by a friend.
  • Client is now able to exit player match properly when they have accepted invite in "Pad assign screen"

Offline modes

• Specific crashes in Career mode have been fixed.
  • Fixed collision detection between zones in Top Spin Academy.
  • Points gained from tournaments in Career mode are now calculated properly for user and AI players.

• 2 months later...

Patch 1.02 is On and i can confirm that online is fixed:)

Ofcourse, there is still some minor problems (i cannot always connect and, sometimes, message "please wait for your opponent" last 3-4 minutes), but, this is very rare...

Yesterday and today morning i play minimum 15 Direct matches (reach Grade 10 and half) and 4-5 ranked Tournament matches and almost everything (i mention what is problem sometime) is ok.

Thanks 2k, but that dosn`t change the fact that this was fuc*ing disgrace and that this had taking too long

Edited by Tuheljski-gamer

• 2 weeks later...
Patch 1.02 is On and i can confirm that online is fixed:)

Ofcourse, there is still some minor problems (i cannot always connect and, sometimes, message "please wait for your opponent" last 3-4 minutes), but, this is very rare...

Yesterday and today morning i play minimum 15 Direct matches (reach Grade 10 and half) and 4-5 ranked Tournament matches and almost everything (i mention what is problem sometime) is ok.

Thanks 2k, but that dosn`t change the fact that this was fuc*ing disgrace and that this had taking too long

Online is nowhere near fixed ;)

This is where EA trumps 2k bigtime, the servers are a disgrace. It takes ages to get a game, before finally playing a game your either alone in a room until the 1 minute countdown finishes, or it doesn't connect properly. You cannot exit the lobby at all once you enter the system, unless you don't mind forfeiting...which drops your grade in direct matches and you need to get to grade 15!

:|

Online is nowhere near fixed ;)

This is where EA trumps 2k bigtime, the servers are a disgrace. It takes ages to get a game, before finally playing a game your either alone in a room until the 1 minute countdown finishes, or it doesn't connect properly. You cannot exit the lobby at all once you enter the system, unless you don't mind forfeiting...which drops your grade in direct matches and you need to get to grade 15!

:|

I heard bout the patch and thought I would try to get to 15 again since I was up to 4 when game started but lost it all due to issues over a month.

I had a nice run yesterday got to level 5 but should have bene up to level 8 but got frozen 4 times in 3 hours. So I stopped.

The online mode is still a disaster compared to standard levels! but its hugely improved compared to what it was before the patch! i never got to play a direct match before the patch but after it, i got about 100-150 (in one season) from level 0, got to 22(my current grade) .

the only trick is if you are playing tournaments, enter it when there is only 1 or 2 player waiting(which is usually the case and if not, you will get it in a few min)

for direct matches, yeah this one is crowded and sometimes doesn't give you a match or it takes 3-10 min or even 15 min till it gives you a match or an error! its bad but you will get to play if you play on less-crowded times like mornings(europe time) atleast thats the case for me.

i repeat, there are still lots of problems with disconnections, and other problems but its not comparable with what it was before.

The online mode is still a disaster compared to standard levels! but its hugely improved compared to what it was before the patch! i never got to play a direct match before the patch but after it, i got about 100-150 (in one season) from level 0, got to 22(my current grade) .

the only trick is if you are playing tournaments, enter it when there is only 1 or 2 player waiting(which is usually the case and if not, you will get it in a few min)

for direct matches, yeah this one is crowded and sometimes doesn't give you a match or it takes 3-10 min or even 15 min till it gives you a match or an error! its bad but you will get to play if you play on less-crowded times like mornings(europe time) atleast thats the case for me.

i repeat, there are still lots of problems with disconnections, and other problems but its not comparable with what it was before.

Yesterday I sat in 15 lobbies empty and could not find 1 single player.

• 2 weeks later...