Good News for 360 Owners

Chapel

I know a bunch of people here own a 360 in addition to their PS3, so just in case it hasn't spread to your respective 360 forums yet, MS announced that the 3 year warranty on the RROD will now be extended to 'E74' related difficulties. MS has apparently found that the E74 can sometimes be caused by the same thing as the RROD.

Now, hopefully Sony will take this press release as pressure to go and fix YLODs for free also.

Actually, it's supposed to be a problem with the GPU (if you weren't lucky and got it for having the AV cable loose). I guess it was coming up for some other problem related to the same thing that causes RROD to appear, though, which is why they extended the warranty to cover that as well.

I guess that puts the shoes in the mouths of everyone who thought MS purposely switched RROD to report as E74 instead so people don't get free repairs anymore, though! :D

Actually, it's supposed to be a problem with the GPU (if you weren't lucky and got it for having the AV cable loose). I guess it was coming up for some other problem related to the same thing that causes RROD to appear, though, which is why they extended the warranty to cover that as well.

I guess that puts the shoes in the mouths of everyone who thought MS purposely switched RROD to report as E74 instead so people don't get free repairs anymore, though! :D

GPU heatsink was fucking up, cause they use cheap epoxy glue. But they fixed that know...