Mass Effect as a MMO?

Darth_Chaos007

In a "Game Informer" article on Mass Effect 3, part of it talks about they might do after the trilogy. Here's the part of the article, read "Beyond the Trilogy". It mentions something about them thinking about making a MMO based on the Mass Effect universe. :wtf:

First off: MMOs in my opinion suck, except Star Wars: The Old Republic which looks like it'll kick ass.

Second: A MMO will ruin Mass Effect, but that's my opinion.

I prefer them to make another RPG, but with another character.

What do you guys think?

Gaming Everything - Mass Effect 3 - high-quality scans

Edited by Darth_Chaos007

i dont see the problem with this. as long as they dont ruin the trilogy by forcing the story away from what it currently is with an MMO, which it wont if they create the MMO after the trilogy. it could be really interesting to see it with a spectrum of other players.

and MMO doesnt neccesarily mean things like cod. chances are it will be an MMORPG and you will get just a normal (or maybe even larger) mass effect universe but with the interactability of other players in the game, rather than just npc characters.

• 3 weeks later...

the mass effect universe is definitely rich enough to create an MMO from however i also agree with the OP, if they did infact make an MMO after number 3 and you play as a new character, how would they determine which choices everyone made to be the right choices?? would wrex be dead or alive? is the council dead or alive? and so on.

It would be hard to pull off and in my opinion mass effect is better off just staying a singleplayer game, but that is just me:think:

the mass effect universe is definitely rich enough to create an MMO from however i also agree with the OP, if they did infact make an MMO after number 3 and you play as a new character, how would they determine which choices everyone made to be the right choices?? would wrex be dead or alive? is the council dead or alive? and so on.

It would be hard to pull off and in my opinion mass effect is better off just staying a singleplayer game, but that is just me:think:

Only way to get past those problems would be to set it before the games or a long time after it.