Thought on Crysis 2

Liad-88

Figured i'd make a thread regarding what people think of crysis 2. atm, i'm having the same thoughts as with crysis 1 - the nanosuit seems sweet, but really it's not that sweet. I thought I would be empowered and be just awesome, but I feel like any other character in any other game. take a bit of a beating and i'm dead. the only times I feel empowered is when I can jump half a building. all i've ever thought so far is 'be invisible' , never ' be the weapon'.

For me the only fun I have is stealthing around, and even that's broken. if even one single pixel of your body is visible when you go out of stealth , you're in 100% hot pursuit, everyone in ten miles radius knows where you are , and they want to fuck you up. it's ridiculous, even if one soldier has his back on me, but i go out of stealth i'm gonna get spotted.

Whenever I have to fight someone, I just give up. no way can I fight any marine in this game, because whenever I get hit my camera just bounces all over the place. If i get spotted, I run and go back into stealthymode. the problem IS that you have the nanosuit, because then they think they need 20 marines with 15 tanks to take you down, instead of small patrols that you can finish off. I feel vulnerable with the nanosuit, everyone without it must break with a slight breeze.

on the plus-side it looks good, and... yeah that's it so far, haven't played more than 6 chapters or so.

so, what does anyone else think of the game?

Edited by Liad-88

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for.

I really enjoyed the single player, to me it felt like a decent evolution from 1 and Warhead, and i thought it was great fun.

However, I had to force myself NOT to use the stealth, because it simply breaks the game. If i want to, i can run through the entire game stealthed and only be forced to kill the pingers and the final boss(es) if i can call them that.

I think the difficulty curve has a lot to be desired.

I played the game on supersoldier on my first play through and the only thing i got stuck on was the times square pinger. I actually fucked up my weaponry for the final boss, i had completly rubbish weapons and ended up meleeing the four of them to death with absolutely ZERO problem. I shouldn't be able to do that on the hardest setting.

now, the MP.

Hmmmm.

I aplaud Crytek UK (free radical - the makers of haze :)) for trying to be different. But it simply hasn't worked.

The only game i can guarantee getting into is Death Match (Instant Action) even TDM is a struggle to get a game, and i was on most of the weekend.

As for the unlockable game types, I am level 35 and haven't ben able to try them as there is no-one playing.

Almost as if to say "Fuck you and your dedication trophy crytek" the community seems to have disappeared back to whatever they were playing before.

Plus laggy servers, huge head hitboxes, and once again severly OP stealth, the game is zero fun to play online!

If the game was how you wanted it, there would be no challenge at all.

I didn't expect to be GOD, but I expected to be empowered, with the commercials showing shit like you standing on a broken taxi with a LMG, taking down helicopters looking manly. I don't mind being a little bitch, having trouble taking down marines, but don't build the nanosuit up to be so damn awesome, when it's just basically the same as in any other game. they made it out to be in the 'superhero' genre, but basically it's just any other fps with some tweaks.

It's the same thing as bioshock 2, where they went on about you being a big daddy and could take such a massive beating, and you were pretty much made of awesome. I thought the guy from the first one was just as resilient, and all he had on was some eveningwear. It's what I like to call 'false advertising'.

Most of the problem most likely lies with me, because I try to act a bit superhero-ish when I play. i sneak into enemy lines, stealth kill one guy, slide and shoot a guy in the face with my shotgun and start grabbing and throwing them around, but it turns out i'm trying to have my cake and eat it too.

on a side-note: i've finally started meeting the aliens, and the game is starting to become alot more fun. way more fun dealing with aliens than the marines.

And I don't play on easy, period.

Edited by Liad-88

the single player wasnt bad its story is better then say MW2 or homefront at least in my opinion. it is however stupidly easy. Its the multiplayer i cant stand i dunno why it just feels very boring. Ive had the tooled up and maximum module trophies glitch twice on me so I traded it in while the price is good still. (got 33£ credit with price match at gamestation and got motorstorm as it was in sale for 30£ - much better!)

Ill rent it for a few days in 5 months to finish it up and hopefully they will of patched it to actually function properly.

Ill add this is the first game ive traded because of glitchs with trophies, poor ai, way to easy singleplayer and boring and laggy multiplayer. I doubt anyone would care if it wasnt for crytek hyping it up to be gods gift to consoles and FPS's when really its medicore at best

Edited by Chocolant

I didn't expect to be GOD, but I expected to be empowered, with the commercials showing shit like you standing on a broken taxi with a LMG, taking down helicopters looking manly. I don't mind being a little bitch, having trouble taking down marines, but don't build the nanosuit up to be so damn awesome, when it's just basically the same as in any other game. they made it out to be in the 'superhero' genre, but basically it's just any other fps with some tweaks.

It's the same thing as bioshock 2, where they went on about you being a big daddy and could take such a massive beating, and you were pretty much made of awesome. I thought the guy from the first one was just as resilient, and all he had on was some eveningwear. It's what I like to call 'false advertising'.

Most of the problem most likely lies with me, because I try to act a bit superhero-ish when I play. i sneak into enemy lines, stealth kill one guy, slide and shoot a guy in the face with my shotgun and start grabbing and throwing them around, but it turns out i'm trying to have my cake and eat it too.

on a side-note: i've finally started meeting the aliens, and the game is starting to become alot more fun. way more fun dealing with aliens than the marines.

And I don't play on easy, period.

I agree 100%.. This game bores me though... I'm really trying to complete it but it drags so damn much....

the single player wasnt bad its story is better then say MW2 or homefront at least in my opinion. it is however stupidly easy. Its the multiplayer i cant stand i dunno why it just feels very boring. Ive had the tooled up and maximum module trophies glitch twice on me so I traded it in while the price is good still. (got 33£ credit with price match at gamestation and got motorstorm as it was in sale for 30£ - much better!)

Ill rent it for a few days in 5 months to finish it up and hopefully they will of patched it to actually function properly.

Ill add this is the first game ive traded because of glitchs with trophies, poor ai, way to easy singleplayer and boring and laggy multiplayer. I doubt anyone would care if it wasnt for crytek hyping it up to be gods gift to consoles and FPS's when really its medicore at best

You got it.. Don't know why I haven't traded it in yet....

I haven't had any problems with the nanosuit's stealth function at all. If I go stealth and dance around in front of an enemy he'll spot me but isn't that obvious? The nanosuit's stealth function isn't to make Alcatraz fully invisible, but to make it easier to evade enemies. I've played on Supersoldier and completely evaded whole factions while in stealth and haven't had any problems.

For my own thoughts on the game though, I think it's one of the more original FPS games released lately. The campaign is lenghy, the gameplay adds a lot of new ideas and the online is amazing. I'm really enjoying this game so far.

one of the better FPS released so far. campaign is better and longer than every FPS released this year. it is not a corridor shooter like other FPS. you actually have freedom to do things your way. have not played online yet obviously, so i can not comment on that. ai is dumb sometimes and im playing on veteran which is funny. also graphics, lighting, sound, etc are top-notch.

Thought it is one of the better first person shooters out there. I enjoyed the idea of the nanosuit and found it just as enjoyable as crysis 1 although the storyline was a bit meh.

I agree with you on the shooting however, when playing SS, pretty much just stealthed everything. Any time there were 3 or more ceph or CELL i just ran away. I do however enjoy the fact that one does not need to kill every enemy just to proceed to the next point for most areas of the game, it was nice to not have to go in guns blazing all the time with FPS.

I'm on chapter 4 now and I hear it starts slow so I'm not gonna criticize but I'm having a hard time believing the incredible reviews, especially with all this talk of glitched trophies. I obv haven't tried the MP yet but the SP doesn't seem like it's anything special. The graphics sure as shit aren't the best on the ps3. It's a very unique shooter imo. I'm having a hard time getting used to it. Everything drains your fucking suits energy and I find myself hiding behind the walls waiting for it recharge which is annoying. I play a lot of shooters, probably about 75% of the ones released on ps3, and I can say I'm having trouble picking up on the game. I still haven't died or anything but everything feels foreign and weird whereas I can usually just pick up and play most shooters.

I thoroughly enjoyed Crysis 2. Unlike most shooters out there, the sandbox gameplay was interesting and different and the campaign was a reasonable length. I was satisfied with the development of the story and characters, and the action never got old. Options for customizing your weapons and suit only made things more addicting. Graphics are also among the best on PS3, I believe Crytek tried their best on the consoles :rolleyes:

Finally somebody who feels the same way I do. I have the idea I just can't get the hang of this game, although I've made it halfway the game (SP of course).

I don't even think I'm going to get all the trophies, this game gets on my nerves after an hour or so.

I find the driving sequences to be incredibly annoying. They did a shit job trying to make your tank seem like a tank. It's like a scooter with rockets. You can drive through polls or even blow up small barricades with the rockets. I got stuck on everything and was happy to finally finish that chapter. I'm just gonna play through the game once and I might trade it in which I don't very often. There are so many great games coming out soon and Crysis just isn't my game.

I'm about halfway through or so, and to be honest I'm pretty dissapointed so far. I guess I went into this with a wrong idea in my mind. I expected the suit to be extremely powerfull and have plenty of tactical options avaiable. But so far none of that has happened.

Enemy camps are usually filled to the brim with enemies and even IF I manage to take them all out there are usually a couple of more already on their way. Fighting enemies head on is simply not an option, as there are always way to many at once. It's annyoing. So for the most part I just use stealth and hide like a coward untill I eff it up and then run away.

The suit is also extremely underwhelming. Not onyl is the battery empty withn a few seconds, but also everything drains it. I mean, 'running' emptys my battery? Really?Why?

Reviews and Ads made me belive that I would be super powerfull, like I could jump across buidlings, survive hughe falls and take down tanks and helicopter by just looking at them angy. Instead i can barely jump higher than a normal person and falling from a building usually kills me instantly. At one point i was able to line up myself, a taxi and two enemys perfectly. I used the 'Power Kick' and was expecting to kick the taxi across the street and smear the two marines on the next wall. You Know, Hulk-style?! Instead I kicked th car and gently pushed the two dudes aside. Wow.

maybe it gets better later on, but so far I even doubt I go for a second playthrough...

Oh, and on a side note: How do you make the suit shut up? "Cloak engaged" every time I press R2 drove me nuts in the second level and time has not sweeten it...

Well I decided to put the game in and play the MP so that I can get the dedication trophy in 6 months because I knew I'd forget about it. I only played 3 games online but I'm having a lot of fun. I think I might go for plat on it but it probably won't be until the summer. Too bad Dirt 3 is coming tomorrow and some more great games in the next month or so. I don't think I'll get around to finishing this for a while. It's soooo time consuming.

Oh, and on a side note: How do you make the suit shut up? "Cloak engaged" every time I press R2 drove me nuts in the second level and time has not sweeten it...

Hahaha I had the same before I tried to play the game again. The semi-cool voice was driving me nuts. If it's such a state of the art suit, why can't they put a normal voice in it?

Anyway, it took me while before I really liked this game. Got all the SP trophies, but don't look forward to the MP ones.

I have changed my mind. Crysis 2 is actually pretty darn sweet :)

Granted, the nanosuit is a bit underwhelming but I got used to that. The story was also not all that interesting (but maybe it's better if you played Crysis and know all these charaters?), but it's a shooter so I wasn't expecting much in the first place.

The pacing, the lenghty campaign, the set-piece moments, the graphics, the weapons... great. Just great.

Unfortunately the MP is unplayable for me. I'm always lagging. Not the powerpoint-type of lag, but the lag that makes the game run smooth but you're still always a second behind everyone else. Emptying a whole clip into someones face, just to see in the killcam replay that you have not landed a single hit is very frustrating. The slow leveling process also doesn't help.

I'm rank 10 and have already given up on it :(