The Replicated Man

Capt.VonHell

*SPOILER*

The Android in question is Harkness, the Rivet City Guard Captain. You can normally find him mooching about the marketplace, or in the Bridge Tower.

Warning!

You have to complete the main bulk of the quest in order to gather the evidence. Dont try and complete the mission without having first obtained the evidence to convince him he's an android.

It doesnt take too long, trust me. Just put the time in ;)

[spoiler=spoileryippee]If you've done the Wasteland Survival Guide, you should already know how to get to pinkerton. If not, know that he is in the other half of the broken ship that became Rivet City. There is a door that can be lockpicked to get inside, but it requires 100 lockpicking. The alternate way is to go underwater by the broken side and through the hazardous area to reach the Dr. Be sure to save your game before you attempt this method as it is quite dangerous as there is radiated water, explosive gas, and mirelurks. But all in all, it's a worthwhile endeavor.

Once you reach Pinkerton, drill him about the android. Ask him for proof, and when he gives you the password to his computer let him know that you're sure there's something he's not telling you. He'll give you the secret code he put into Harkness to reactivate his memories. Once you have all this information you can choose among your options.

Good Options (A3-21's Plasma Rifle): Talk to Harkness. I found him in the marketplace around 1pm, he may wander. Show him the evidence that he is an android, then reactivate his memory. You can choose to let him kill Zimmer, or have him force Zimmer off the ship. Either way you'll get good karma here as well as the Plasma Rifle.

Evil Option (Wired Reflexes Perk) Go straight to Zimmer with the information and tell him that his android is Harkness. You'll receive wired reflexes.

Getting Both Rewards: Tell Harkness that he is an android, then ask him what he'll do about Zimmer and ask if you can have the pleasure of killing him. Then go to Zimmer and tell him about Harkness, then pop Zimmer in the head. You'll get both rewards this way!

Ok 1 other question then: is it actually possible to get into the other bow rivet city WITHOUT picking the lock because it's going to take ages to get a lockpick skill of 100...

I didn't want to retype everything so I just copied this from my guide.

Pinkerton is found in the broken bow of the ship that Rivet City is in. To enter this area, go across the main bridge leading to Rivet City. Once across, turn right and drop down on the lower level. Go straight to the edge and jump down into the water. You’ll want to swim straight ahead and dive underwater to find a door. Make your way through this area (beware of Mirelurks and traps) and you will find the doctor.

[spoiler=spoileryippee]Getting Both Rewards: Tell Harkness that he is an android, then ask him what he'll do about Zimmer and ask if you can have the pleasure of killing him. Then go to Zimmer and tell him about Harkness, then pop Zimmer in the head. You'll get both rewards this way!

Hmmm, I just did this quest yesterday and don't recall that the conversation went in that direction; maybe I should have read slower and more careful...

Now I'll have to go look what the Wired Reflexes perk do. I may not be too far ahead and could redo the quest from a previous game save...

EDIT:

Increase of VAT accuracy by 10%... I may not waste the time to go back. It's cool plan option though and shows the dept of the game.

Edited by ya_shin56

• 2 weeks later...

BTW EVERYONE DOING THIS MISSION-

i noticed u can get a unique weapon in this mission its a reward for either telling the andriod he is an android or u get it from zimmer idk because i didnt get it myself i just left the android ignorant and sh!t for good karma and it was kinda cool cuz this black chick kept giving me health stuff and caps every time i went to megaton

BTW EVERYONE DOING THIS MISSION-

i noticed u can get a unique weapon in this mission its a reward for either telling the andriod he is an android or u get it from zimmer idk because i didnt get it myself i just left the android ignorant and sh!t for good karma and it was kinda cool cuz this black chick kept giving me health stuff and caps every time i went to megaton

If you choose the right wording you will not loose karma for telling him the truth.

Hey, it's kind of off topic but is anyone here trying to get all of their stats to 100? because my stats is going pretty good to achieve that goal, any thoughts on that?

If you want to discuss this in particular you can create your own thread since this has nothing to do with The Replicated Man quest.

It is possible and I've contemplated writing it up for a guide on here but thought against it since this is more of a trophy dedicated forum.

But in short with the numbers you can get from a level up, bobbleheads, taking the perk that doubles points from reading a book and not reading the books until you have that perk, etc. I believe it is possible to do.

• 4 weeks later...
this by far was the most annoyin Q for me, it jst took me ages i did it with no guides or anything....

I lied about it's existence and the quest was finished in a matter of minutes...? ;)

sorry to activate an old thread but it saves opening up a new one.

This is resolving the quest,i got mine off the sherif in megaton anyone know if this affects the trophy. As i have heard you have to get it of this man here to get it.

If you want the quest done the easy way,no evidence will be required.(If I remember correctly)

You'll find a black lady in the market near the exit telling you to lie about the Andriod's existence,she'll give you some sort of part from the so called andriod and tell you to lie to the old dude(it's been a while since I've played Fallout 3 :p).

Edited by SilentBladez01

Thanks silentbladez just completed the quest was worrying then because of the rumors I have heard and swats trophy guide. Yeah I think I know who you are on about she stopped me as I was exiting craterside supply and gave me the part.

Wow, then she came really far... She normally resides in Rivet City, which is where I met her the first time. In the second playthrough she rushed towards me on the bridge when I arrived. But Megaton...? Wow.

I guess it's related to how much you already found out about the Replicated Man...

Wow, then she came really far... She normally resides in Rivet City, which is where I met her the first time. In the second playthrough she rushed towards me on the bridge when I arrived. But Megaton...? Wow.

I guess it's related to how much you already found out about the Replicated Man...

yea one time i found her by andale

For me this quest got completed "by itself". I was on a quest, then got knocked out and then this black chick was beside me telling about this android. I went and told Zimmerman that android is dead, and that was quest completed :)

I guess its down to luck, as it seems few ppl are having difficulty with this Q :)