Just ruined the game this way !

Photos Torpedo

Now that with the recent update they have reduced the effectiveness of the serve, this game is a lot less similar to reality (where exept on clay there are A LOT of aces n when u obtain a break, very often that means u have won the set), n this way the serve n volley players (which r the best!) r weaker,n shitty defensive runners r even stronger.I used to do a couple of aces a game with pistol, pat, boris etc now i can barely do a couple a match, making almost impossible to beat rafa, murrey, nole etc even on grass against a good opponent, n i m a very skilled gamer...

I could have accepted it on world tour where many ppl use to raise up the serve stats of their character above 90-95 BUT NOT on the 2k tour!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Photos Torpedo

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, if I'm reading this correctly, you're saying serving was over-powered & now the patch balances it? As far as I can tell, the aces I've gotten is due to the placement of the serve- & that is really tough to do consistently on the controller.

I have to agree with the change for weakening the serves. If you play the top players in the world (I mean online gaming), quite a few of them win by huge serves. And when you are getting skilled to ranking the top, you see huge serve is a must-have because every one else can do perfect timing with baseline shots and holding your serve games become very crucial and much easier with good serves. What it means is that people all have huge serves and games become short and less skillful. The thing is some of the big serves they have are ridiculously fast and unreal.

I think this is a very positive change to the game.

Edited by YokA_sun

Since psn is down d-pad controls no longer work :mad:

I didn't know you needed to be signed on to play this game? If I'm correct, why should the controller change/not work?

I have to agree with the change for weakening the serves. If you play the top players in the world (I mean online gaming), quite a few of them win by huge serves. And when you are getting skilled to ranking the top, you see huge serve is a must-have because every one else can do perfect timing with baseline shots and holding your serve games become very crucial and much easier with good serves. What it means is that people all have huge serves and games become short and less skillful. The thing is some of the big serves they have are ridiculously fast and unreal.

I think this is a very positive change to the game.

Oh, thanks for the info. I haven't gotten to online play yet- however, it sounds like most top human players have a serve & volley character? Additionally, does the "Advance Serve" button mechanic actually increase the speed of the serve?

& that avatar, Yoka, is that original work? If not, where did you get it? Thanks again!

Edited by luvtoseek
Additions.

I didn't know you needed to be signed on to play this game? If I'm correct, why should the controller change/not work?

It was a strange update no patch or anything it just said some new features , mainly the serving online and d-pad controls . Even though I got 97 % of my trophies using analogue controls I prefer d-pad controls as that's what I used for Top Spin 3 which I played a lot lol