*4/8/2011* Fresh New Details

EEHHHHHH

The latest issue of Game Informer contains a ton of details about Mass Effect 3. The first round of information is beginning to trickle in, which you can read about below. We’ve also included a blurry scan/magazine image (via GameFAQs) from the issue.

- Game begins with Shepard on Earth

- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival

- Reapers invade while the trial is happening

- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops

- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders

- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down

- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson

- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch

- The Illusive Man plays a big role

- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard

- Enhanced RPG elements

- More freedom with character skills

- Larger skill trees

- Powers will evolve several times, not just once

- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list

- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat

performance and its appearance)

- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now,

- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons

- Soldier can carry all weapons at once

- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator

- Numerous endings

- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available

- No multiplayer

Blah Blah Blah

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3119

Im just gonna bold the parts of this that make me very very very happy:

- Game begins with Shepard on Earth

- Reapers invade while the trial is happening

- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops

- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders

- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down

- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson

- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch

- The Illusive Man plays a big role

- Enhanced RPG elements

- More freedom with character skills

- Larger skill trees

- Powers will evolve several times, not just once

- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list

- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat

performance and its appearance)

- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now,

- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons

- Soldier can carry all weapons at once

- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator

- Numerous endings

- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available

- No multiplayer

The only part of this that I don't like is the "May not be squadmates" about Legion, Wrex, and Mordin. I need them in my squad!! Especially Legion. Glad to see Garrus, Liara, and Ashley/Kaiden are confirmed squadmates. I think its safe to say that Miranda and Tali will be squadmates as well, because of the ability to romance them.

TIM and Cerberus out to kill Shepard will be supah fun! As long as I get Miranda, Garrus, Legion, and Thane I dont really care who are squadmates tbh. I hope the ditch Butch... i mean... Jack....

Thanks for the post sunnygrg!

The only part of this that I don't like is the "May not be squadmates" about Legion, Wrex, and Mordin. I need them in my squad!! Especially Legion. Glad to see Garrus, Liara, and Ashley/Kaiden are confirmed squadmates. I think its safe to say that Miranda and Tali will be squadmates as well, because of the ability to romance them.

TIM and Cerberus out to kill Shepard will be supah fun! As long as I get Miranda, Garrus, Legion, and Thane I dont really care who are squadmates tbh. I hope the ditch Butch... i mean... Jack....

This. Couldn't care less for Liara and Ashley/Kaiden. Gimme my Wrex, Legion, Mordin, Garrus A-Team back!!!!111

Also. If James Sanders is that dude from Big Ben, then I'm happy.

Edited by purifico

I always assumed that certain characters, like those 3, wouldn't be squad mates but would be recruitable allies as generals/admirals. Imagine flying into battle with Wrex commanding the Krogan armies, Legion commanding a Geth armada, and Mordin back with the STG.

Overall, this is a lot like I was expecting and that is awesome. Can't wait :D

I always assumed that certain characters, like those 3, wouldn't be squad mates but would be recruitable allies as generals/admirals. Imagine flying into battle with Wrex commanding the Krogan armies, Legion commanding a Geth armada, and Mordin back with the STG.

I thought of the same thing. Certain team mates just screamed future leaders of their respective races so I made sure I kept them alive and beefed up their forces (save heretics).

I am pissed Cerebus will be against Sheppard. I hope the way we played 2 will allow a change in this. I was always a pro-cerebus sheppard. I want to stay with them not fight them.

I would be completely satisfied with that if they give me Thane back haha

That would be pretty awesome though.

I am loving the idea that Cerebus is pissed at Shepard but I wonder if Miranda and Jacob are included in that hatered interesting :think:

Lets be honest this game is gonna be amazing I mean seriously how could it fail?

Don't know about Jacob, but I'm pretty sure that Miranda will stay with Shepard. After all she even tells TIM to shove it if she's loyal =)

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't agree with you more. And what about Miranda & Jacob leading a splinter group of Cerberus agents loyal to Shepard? And what about the Migrant Fleet joining in on the action?

Got to get "Arrival" before this comes out. Damn the PSN being down. :wall:

• 2 months later...
I just read that there is going to be a "Robotic Dog for on board the Normandy"

not sure how true this is, it was on the ebgames web site.

It comes as a download with the special edition of the game. The picture seems to show that it's a Fenris mech and I would assume it's just another pet for Shepard to have like the fish or the space hamster.

Looks like I have to re-install Mass Effect 2 on my computer and complete this DLC before starting ME3 then. :D

This I don't get though. What if you did agree with everything that Cerberus did in ME2?

Overall looks awesome, I'm still afraid this will replace MGS 1 as my top 1 game ever. :o

• 5 weeks later...
This I don't get though. What if you did agree with everything that Cerberus did in ME2?

Overall looks awesome, I'm still afraid this will replace MGS 1 as my top 1 game ever. :o

This is the kind of thing that looks like a spoiler to me and I sure wish everyone was more careful about what is posted. I am leaving this game's forum now because it is clear I don't want to know some of these details. :(

• 6 months later...
WTF? I just learned Ashley now has the rank of Lt. Commander. How did this religious fanatic and xenophobe bitch got a commission? What did she do that is so incredible to go from enlisted to commissioned officer? This is absolutely horrible.

Mass Effect

Oh I don't know, how about helping Shepard with everything in Mass Effect 1? :p Just because she is, in your words, a "religious fanatic and xenophobe bitch" doesn't mean she isn't a competant soldier worthy of a higher position. I for one like Ashley, its nice to see a religious character in the game.

EDIT: And if it bothers you that much, just have her die in ME1. Problem solved, you never have to see her again. Your welcome ;)

Edited by T_l_M_B_0