How to improve my online skills

Vltrscrpn

I try to punch and assassinate as many people as I can to avoid having to get into a shoot-out with someone.

Use your armor and stealth as much as possible and hide to regenerate energy when needed. Always try to switch to armor mode even when you are in stealth mode to attempt to kill someone (being able to take even a little extra damage will give you a better chance at surviving).

Why does it seem I am absolutely horrible at this game online. I can never seem to kill a guy even though i have them in my cross hairs. And I seem to die after 3 bullets are in me.

What are some good Crysis 2 multiplayer tips?

if your having problems at first id suggest using the heavy machine gun, because if you get in a gun fight and the other person doesnt kill you after firing off there clip, you will kill them cause you dont have to reload. And if theres someone behind you or incoming you also may still have enough bullets to finish a 2nd or even 3rd person off without having to reload, and thats a big advantage. Try to stay out of the center of the map, and whenever your going to cover a long distance always make sure you have enough energy to stay cloaked until you can find some cover.

Always try to use the L1 aim, from what i saw the hip fire (without aiming) is SUPER crappy with the heavy machine gun (and some of the other guns as well). And anytime you finish a gunfight if you have any power left try to cloak as fast as possible and try to duck into some cover so you can set up for the next fight.

Once you get the perk that allows you to have two primary weapons, if you get into a gunfight instead of reloading once you empty your clip try swapping to the next weapon. Sometimes its faster than actually reloading depending on what weapons you use. I had a feline as primary with a scar secondary that had hologram attached to it. I would switch to the scar, call the hologram, swap back to the feline and go hunting.

The heavy machine gun also counters the bad lag/hit detection as well, i really struggled on here but pulled down a lot of mvps with that gun. Its also important to unlock perks that you can easily do so that you level up faster, so sometimes its better to choose a perk that may not be that useful (especially if your lower level) just so you can get the xp bonuses and have the better perks for when you get a bit higher level. If i had to start over i would have certainly made some changes in the order i did my perks. You also want to stick with the same weapon as long as you can to get the unlocks and xp bonuses that go with it. The scar is a good weapon once you get a handle on the game because it has a lot of unlocks that you can gain extra xp with.

The hologram is a lot of fun to play with, once you get a hang of the controls you can be in a corner and quickly uncloak, throw out ur hologram (try to point it into the center of the map somewhere), RECLOAK and then keep an eye on it. USUALLY someone will uncloak and start shooting it and theres your queue to go in for a kill.

Another thing to point out is, when your cloaked and see an enemy instead of hitting r2 again to uncloak hit L2 to switch straight into armor mode before zooming in and attacking. It will be awkward for some at first but its very useful once you get use to it.

Im not very good at this game but those would be my suggestions to a new player.

Edited by zer0tobackdown

You can check out my channel for gameplay tips here: Crysis 2 Youtube Channel - Multiplayer Gameplay Tips & Strategies

Example of some gameplay:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzQXkRmuOA&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - Crysis 2 Gameplay/Commentary Instant Action on Evac Zone - How to Win Free for All[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53zMxCQNpEM&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - Crysis 2 MP Gameplay/Commentary Crash Site on Sanctuary - How to Play the Objective[/ame]

Edited by QuantumMercury

The tactic that always, and I mean ALWAYS works for me, is spending as much time as possible cloaked.

Use the stealth enhance perk as it decreases time between phasing in and out of cloak.

Monitor your energy level and never let it drain completely as you move around the map. When it does, find a safe place and let it recharge. When you find an enemy, stop and phase out of cloak and immediately into armour mode. Just tap L2 to do this BEFORE firing your weapon (otherwise you know what happens lol).

After I kill someone I immediately phase back into cloak in case he/she has friends with them nearby who hear the kill. Use cloak while collecting the dog tag too and voila, you're as close to a ghost as it gets :)

Once you reach level 3 with your stealth enhance perk though, your cloak drains less energy making it even easier to spend time in cloak.

Try to anticipate areas of the map where enemies will pass through. Don't camp (because it's just sad), but move around these areas, always making sure you know where they'll most likely come from. I find it useful to occasionally look at the map to let me know where the action is taking place, and therefore where they're spawning. From there I can anticipate routes/spots where I can find them.

One last tip, don't take on more than one enemy at a time. Just stay away using cloak and wait for them to seperate. Flanking is rare, but killing them from behind will attract less attention. Usually the more elevated areas in maps are the most deadly, from which you can track and kill enemies easier :) Hope this essay helps! Helped me!

Edited by Jonex

Here are some tips that I think are helpful.

1. Make SURE you have aim assist on. I turned it off for single player, and to my frustration I eventually figured out that it was turned off for multiplayer as well. It's extremely difficult to be competitive in multiplayer without aim assist on.

2. Weapon / perk combos (some of this has to be unlocked by leveling): I suggest the first SMG you can unlock (I think its called the feline). Use a silencer, extended mags, and the reflex sight. the regular assault rifle is also extremely good with the reflex sight.

For perks, I like either nanosuit recharge or energy transfer, cloak tracker, and retriever.

3. Stay along the outside areas of the maps, and remain cloaked as long as possible. As soon as you are ready to kill someone, switch straight into armor and shoot away. Once you have killed them, cloak again and hide to recharge your energy.

4. On objective games like crash site, grenades are extremely useful. Double-tap triangle to bring out your grenades.

5. Be mindful of your energy use. Don't sprint and jump all around the map only to find an enemy when you have no energy. Unless you can get a headshot, you will almost always lose a firefight to someone with more energy who has armor turned on.

Hope these tips help! Feel free to add me if you want someone to play with; I'll friend anyone that plays regularly :)

PSN: Triad