This game any good_?

I would buy this game no matter what anyone would say about being it good or not but i still want to make sure and just being curious about what everyone thinks of the game.

Compare it too other rpg games

It resembles this....... or

its better than...........

It's a great game, but it's also the 3rd and final game in the series. Story does connect to the previous games which are on PS2, especially the 2nd game. Of course though most people wouldn't get most of the references used in the game except maybe when Cocona starts talking about Metafalica.

The 1st 2 games were turn-based, while this one is real-time action. So could say that this particular game in the series does feel like like a Tales game or a Star Ocean game but a very mild one as far as battle system goes. But it does add things like how the previous Ar tonelico games where you have to defend the Reyvateil so she can perform Song Magic during battle. The Reyvateils can also gain energy from the planet when singing which makes them lose clothing during battle.(Previous games didn't have that). Battle system gets better when you progress further in the game.

I've been a fan of Ar tonelico since NISA localized the 1st game. What made me such a fan of the series is because of the great story-telling and the music with its Hymmnos language.

It also has some light dating sim material included which brings the game to having 8 different endings to obtain.

awesome, thanks for the details. im currently playing the 1st game and absolutely love it. the music, characters, and gameplay are all great. I am very excited for the this one.

Not finding there is much perverted humour in the 1st one as i expected though from what i heard about this series.

awesome, thanks for the details. im currently playing the 1st game and absolutely love it. the music, characters, and gameplay are all great. I am very excited for the this one.

Not finding there is much perverted humour in the 1st one as i expected though from what i heard about this series.

Personally I think the sexual innuendos get stronger by each game. 1st game was mostly mild but with a few scenes that had some slightly perverted humor. 2nd game was stronger, and the 3rd has a good amount of moments.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdas3eXDq10][/ame]

what is this game like time wise to complete and to platinum would you say?

I've platinum'd Trinity Universe and Atelier Rorona recently and whilst both good games getting the platinum sure took some time/playthroughs.

Well there's a trophy for playing the game for a total of 100 hours, so I say anywhere from 100 to 150 hours depending on how you play it.

I got the bad end when I finished it. I somehow believe that has spurned me on cause it was a very sad end, I have got Finnels good end and going for her true end currently. In order to save time playing the game over and over you can start at the beginning of any phase.

It has to be one of, if not my favourite PS3 RPG's, I vow to myself to get the platinum cause I think in my view it deserves to be.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

• 5 weeks later...

I actually wnet and bought the first two games before I started playing this one and enjoyed the first two immensely. The third game however brings to mind the phrase "I think this is more fun then good" :think:

This game kindof transitions the series into an oddly perverse version of star ocean, with alot of gameplay mechanic problems that really take away from the overall package. I couldn't really recommend it to anybody on its own merits but if your a fan of the series you'll probably enjoy it and the closure it gives to the ongoing plot from 2.

Personally I think the sexual innuendos get stronger by each game. 1st game was mostly mild but with a few scenes that had some slightly perverted humor. 2nd game was stronger, and the 3rd has a good amount of moments.

By now you are probably thoughly immunised :) - personally I think they have gotten carried away and nobody seems inclined to stop them now :p

• 2 weeks later...
If you mean the Hymnnos music in the game, then no it's not annoying except for maybe Mute's Cutypump song. In fact 1 of the great things about all 3 Ar tonelico games is that the Hymmnos music it uses is very beautiful.

I'll second that, the game has its troubles but the music in this series is almost always exellent

• 1 month later...

I don't feel like making a new topic so I'll just post my question here. (Unless I don't get some opinions here, I will make another pointless thread)

I bought this game yesterday at GS, the special edition. I bought it out of random because I asked the girl at the counter to see it. My friend and I stared at it for like 10 minutes and I just threw the money on the table. I never saw any gameplay/trailers prior to this, just a friend telling me that it was very fun.

I can't decide if I should open it or return it. From the small gameplay videos I have seen, I can't really make a good assumption whether it's good or not. So, I would like some advice from fellow players of this game. The reason I am so wishy-washy about the game is because I just bought the PoP trilogy and my Bleach import will be here next week. I would just like some opinions, biased or not that will help me decide on what to do.

Thanks to anyone who replies or has some insight. ^_^

P.S. What's all in the SE and do you think if I kept it sealed, would it be worth anything down the road?

Edited by NomadDragon

I don't feel like making a new topic so I'll just post my question here. (Unless I don't get some opinions here, I will make another pointless thread)

I bought this game yesterday at GS, the special edition. I bought it out of random because I asked the girl at the counter to see it. My friend and I stared at it for like 10 minutes and I just threw the money on the table. I never saw any gameplay/trailers prior to this, just a friend telling me that it was very fun.

I can't decide if I should open it or return it. From the small gameplay videos I have seen, I can't really make a good assumption whether it's good or not. So, I would like some advice from fellow players of this game. The reason I am so wishy-washy about the game is because I just bought the PoP trilogy and my Bleach import will be here next week. I would just like some opinions, biased or not that will help me decide on what to do.

Thanks to anyone who replies or has some insight. ^_^

P.S. What's all in the SE and do you think if I kept it sealed, would it be worth anything down the road?

The special edition comes with a large, hardcover artbook and a soundtrack cd that has like an hour of BGM.

I really enjoyed it especially when you reach further into the story when the story and gameplay gets better. It may not be as good as the 1st 2 games, but still quite enjoyable.

I recommend playing it.

• 2 weeks later...
I may have to get this one when its price drops a bit I liked the second one never got to play the first however though

Well the game is OOP, so best of luck on finding a price drop. On Amazon, I saw it being sold for like almost $90 at one time. If you don't want to spend $60 on it, then you may just have to wait for a non-premium edition.

The 1st thing I noticed from the trailer is... are the graphics bad? I'm talking about the graphics in battle and gameplay. It seems so "blocky" and low-res.

The artworks of course are as good as other anime style rpgs.

Also, does it have Japanese voice option?

The 1st thing I noticed from the trailer is... are the graphics bad? I'm talking about the graphics in battle and gameplay. It seems so "blocky" and low-res.

The artworks of course are as good as other anime style rpgs.

Also, does it have Japanese voice option?

Yes. Most games localized by NIS America have Japanese voice option.

The graphics are not really bad in battle, and I think they look good. Graphics though aren't really that important. Plus it's made with a somewhat low budget, and graphics are just extra money to throw in to developing the game. Most of the budget is used for all of the talking, animated cutscenes, the nice music, the battle system they used with 3D character designs instead of 2D like the previous games, etc. The opening song video does look quite beautiful if that helps.

The Cosmospheres and the talk topic sequences though are basically like a high resolution of what was used in the previous games on PS2.

Edited by Shuffle

Just ordered AT today. Hope I didn't make a wrong choice.

I think you made an excellent choice. Sure would be better if you started with the previous 2 games on PS2, but starting with Ar tonelico III/Qoga isn't a bad thing since you can still understand most of it. Though most of the story takes place before the 1st game even began.

I think you made an excellent choice. Sure would be better if you started with the previous 2 games on PS2, but starting with Ar tonelico III/Qoga isn't a bad thing since you can still understand most of it. Though most of the story takes place before the 1st game even began.

Actually I ordered AT and RoAW Zero. Might go into more jrpg after I finish those 2 first.