Am I doing something wrong?

I'm dying a lot and it's really frustrating me... do the hyumas help and do i use them when the purge ready comes on? currently on moebius factory and the monsters are owning me.. and ive been using the same weapons since forever :/

characters are at lvl 15 and aoto has about 500 hp but when i watch walkthrough videos.. their characters have over 1000 hp so im definitely doing something wrong

and can i only use purges when it says purge ready or can i use it anytime? coz i jus figured out that after i use a hyuma. the burst gauge jumps really high quickly and i just used that to own the enemies even when there was no purge ready

Edited by thelostkin

Well it does help to update your equipment. Most people level grind. Hyumas do help and each one has it's own ability on how they help. I say yes to doing the Purge Ready. But the bigger the Purge, the faster the Burst percentage increases. Just don't send the attack the Reyvateil was building up too early. If you just let them lose their clothing when Purging, that's perfectly ok since that's how the Burst percentage goes up faster.