Can you go back to the World Map before you fight MYU?

I didn't make any supermoves, so I couldn't beat it before, but now on a Clear Game I wanted to go to the other shops and see if I could buy the items I need, but when I exit the area, it only lets me go to where I am. Is that all I'm limited to unless I start at a different point?

It's been a long time since I played it so don't remember as much about the game like I used to, but I think you can go the long way out by going down the same way you reached to go up there to the Rinkernator, or maybe you really are only limited to just that. But if you get a Bad Ending or a Normal Ending now because of not defeating MYU, you can restart at Phase 2 of the story as a New Game + option so you can make sure you get those Supermoves crafted before even heading towards MYU. The game will remember everything you've done in Phase 1 of the story that way as well as carry over your level, Leaf, DP, Cosmosphere progress until that part of the story, etc.

Edited by Shuffle

Well, I got this problem solved, since I actually I did have enough material right before MYU to form some supermoves, but now I'm having a problem. I need to get Aoto's supermove, but I need the Pile Driver and the Rock Grinder. The Rock Grinder I found in a shop, but I've looked through a shop list and the only guy who sells the Pile Driver (Yesterday Joe's in the Slave District) doesn't sell it anymore for some reason. So then I thought why not make the Pile Driver? Well, it takes the Crab Claw Sword, which I apparently already used in another synthesis session. So am I screwed for this until a NG+?

• 3 weeks later...