Which is your favorite Tonelico?

Which is your favorite Tonelico  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Tonelico

• Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
    • Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
    • Ar Tonelico Quoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Defintely AT2, although AT1 was a very close contender AT2 took what was good in AT1 it had and run ahead with it along with some good ideas of its own.

AT3 has the benfits of strong supporting material and incresed technology, but the way its implemented left alot to be desired, and many of their inovations did not work for me at all. In the end AT3 is an extermely niche game for fans only.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved all 3 but i had to pick AT2. I absolutely love the OST in the game. :dance:

I agree with Rarutos on the localization flaws and system mechanics. I played through the game 4 times in a row with them.....i might just still be playing it right now if it didn't have them there pesky flaws. :(

• 8 months later...
I loved all 3 but i had to pick AT2. I absolutely love the OST in the game. :dance:

I agree with Rarutos on the localization flaws and system mechanics. I played through the game 4 times in a row with them.....i might just still be playing it right now if it didn't have them there pesky flaws. :(

^ This. Same here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well I've only played AT3, so obviously that. The combat is really quite interesting, but I love it as a whole - hell, even the fan service, which I was expecting to be a lot worse.

Well each Ar tonelico has a different type of battle system.

1st game is basically all turn-based. 2nd game is Turn-Based mixed with Action. And the 3rd game is all Action. Of course the 2nd and 3rd games have some of their unique parts for gameplay as well.

Here's some boss battle samples for the 1st 2 games that don't really spoil the story

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXTpUO_LNV0]Ar Tonelico - A.B.R[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_el1cqjhMw]Ar Tonelico 2:Melody of Metafalica - Boss Battle: Divine Beam H.O.S. - YouTube[/ame]