XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #21 (permalink)

Got the game!!!

FlareZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #22 (permalink)

I've still not got my copy, and I'm really worried to be honest. NIS have put a notice on their site they're no longer sending out replacements for orders send using USPS First Class International. I won't be happy if I've lost the money I spent on buying it. I already spent $20 on that damn First class shipping ontop of the actual calender set price. Next time I'll just order it from another american retailer and not bother with their store incentive. I've never had any trouble of parcels getting lost in USPS first class post and I import tonnes. Infact I've never had any trouble of parcels getting lost at all, ever.
zafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

Im new to Ar tonelico games but this game is pure awesomeness, i might try the 1 and 2 of ar tonelico after i finish this game.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteTriEdge View Post
Im new to Ar tonelico games but this game is pure awesomeness, i might try the 1 and 2 of ar tonelico after i finish this game.
You should!

IMO, they're both just as good (if not better)...

The 1st one is my favorite, though.

Check http://ps3trophies.com/profile/Disgaeniac
Check us out at: http://vgcollect.com for an awesome (Collecting -AND- Gaming) site & community!

A lot of truth is said in jest
darkrpger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
You must!!, the second it's one of my favorite game of all time.

FlareZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

i see ill definitely try those 2 out after i finish this game. Tnx for the advice
Old 03-31-2011, 02:49 AM   #27 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
i see ill definitely try those 2 out after i finish this game. Tnx for the advice
There are a few story spoilers in this 3rd game for the 2nd game in the series.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

Is anyone of you bothered by the stripping/purge scenes?

Ok, I am new to the Ar Tonelico series and I was assigned this game by the site I write for. They need me to review it and I got it yesterday.

Anyway, I love the combat system, the crafting of items....overall it is really fun and the story is cool. But I have a bunch of kids running around the house a lot and very conservative parents that barge into my room unannounced.....it kinda bothers me to be seen playing this game when girls that look no older than 15 are running around half naked. Saki looks like she is 13.

I don't mind nudity in games if they somehow fit the story or the world (God of War, Connan, Heavy Rain etc.) but I feel this is just there for the sake of it. I could rid the game of the nudity and it would still be awesome and I don't feel it adds anything to the game.

What do you guys think?
EWRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRFan View Post

What do you guys think?
The bounce is the only thing that I would say is mest up about the purge.
Its not really bad, but it does get old at times seeing it over and over again. Also about the age, the game was made for a different culture. They look young, but at the same time you can easily run into Japanese women who look 12 but are mid 20's..

Atleast in the story they did try to give them some age.. Well at-least with saki since she use to work for a school.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRFan View Post

Ok, I am new to the Ar Tonelico series and I was assigned this game by the site I write for. They need me to review it and I got it yesterday.

Anyway, I love the combat system, the crafting of items....overall it is really fun and the story is cool. But I have a bunch of kids running around the house a lot and very conservative parents that barge into my room unannounced.....it kinda bothers me to be seen playing this game when girls that look no older than 15 are running around half naked. Saki looks like she is 13.

I don't mind nudity in games if they somehow fit the story or the world (God of War, Connan, Heavy Rain etc.) but I feel this is just there for the sake of it. I could rid the game of the nudity and it would still be awesome and I don't feel it adds anything to the game.

What do you guys think?
There is no nudity since they're still in their underwear. But actually there is a very good reason why they lose clothing in battle. You can disable the Purge movies if you want to in the System settings if you don't want to see it. I however don't mind watching it.

Saki is 15 years old(16 in the American version) Finnel is 17 years old.

The previous Ar tonelico games didn't have the Purge though but the 2nd game had a bath that you let the girls take to help level them up by placing hymn crystals in the bath but as well as adding like bath toys.

Last edited by Shuffle; 04-07-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote