Recommendations?

Awesome. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Any of those that you like better than the rest?

I've already pre-ordered Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 from NIS.

Well I wouldn't really call it liking 1 game over the other, but I really did enjoy Atelier Rorona and Totori and can't wait for Meruru to come out in May.

Trinity Universe is very similar to Hyperdimension Neptunia since it's made by most of the companies that also helped make Hyperdimension Neptunia since they're both company crossover games as well as Cross Edge. There are some parts about Trinity Universe that I think are better than Neptunia as far as gameplay goes, but the verdict is still out for me until I play mk2. While Neptunia only has characters from other games to be summoned for battle with the main cast being all original characters, but Trinity Universe and Cross Edge have characters from other games being part of the story from titles like Atelier Violet, Ar tonelico 1, Disgaea, Spectral Souls, Blazing Souls, Mana Khemia 2, Atelier Marie, and even Darkstalkers, as well as original story characters.

Disgaea as well as the other games from NIS that are Disgaea-ish have always been 1 of the best SRPG games around. Record of Agarest War is also a pretty good SRPG series, plus do like how it has a dating sim factor to it too.

Thanks Shuffle. I really appreciate all of your advice and suggestions.

I'll confess that my experience with SRPGs is limited; while I've played all of the FFT games, that is about it in that genre. I've always wanted to play one of the main Disgaea games, but have been a bit intimidated (foolishly, probably). I like the characters there though (I've played the two Prinny PSP games as well as Disgaea Infinite).

I've heard mixed things about Record of Agarest War. I ALMOST picked up the CE that came out for the 360, but changed my mind at the last minute.

• 1 month later...
Atelier Rorona/Totori/Meruru

Trinity Universe

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

Disgaea 3 and 4 (SRPG)

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (Coming out next month)

Record of Agarest War and its prequel game Record of Agarest War Zero with an actual sequel to the 1st game coming out later this year (SRPG)

Cross Edge

I've been on the fence for getting this for some time. Harvest Moon mixed with JRPG? How does it play?

I've been on the fence for getting this for some time. Harvest Moon mixed with JRPG? How does it play?

You spend your day going around town giving gifts to people, crafting gear, farming/making money, doing tasks for people.

At any time you can go out into the ocean on your golem and explore islands/shrines (dungeons), fight monsters (action RPG combat like Trinity Souls of Zill Oll, Kingdom Hearts.)

Its a pretty fun game, and very relaxing. It will keep you occupied for a good 70+ hours if you decide to go for the platinum.

Edited by NovaSD

• 3 months later...

I recommend Star Ocean the Last Hope International. Great game but hard-as-nails platinum. There are also the White Knight Chronicles games that also have a online MMO mode ala Phantasy Star Online style.

And if you don't mind not getting trophies, then Eternal Sonata and Valkyria Chronicles are great too.

Edited by DeJaVuBoy87